BaronSat

Classic Star Trek sickbay diorama

Hello,

My new classic Star Trek model, the sickbay.

TOS-SICKBAY-00-SMALL.jpg

This model is in fact more than the sickbay itself as it includes hallways where Engineering room and Transportation room can be attached, as you can see on this pic.

Assembly-small.jpg

Plus I will make two more rooms and a hallway to place beetweeb Enginerring room and sickbay.

So now I have to go back to work.

Comments and questions will be welcome.

Of course you find more photos on my website.

Excellent! I really like the curved walls you've used for the corridor and the details in each of the rooms. I can't wait to see the extended others rooms you've got planned.

Wow. Like your previous Star Trek creations, everything is just so perfect. Very cleanly designed. I wish that I could afford to build all of them just to reenact episodes for an afternoon.

Pleased you like it.

I usually try to keep model in an average size but fail on this one, it's huge. That explain the price.

That will take you more than afternoon to build the whole thing so you would probably spend many playing after it's completed ;)

Fantastic! It's great to see more Trek MOCs here, the Detail is fantastic, from the Skull in Bones office, to the diagnostic monitors, to the orange bed sheets, to the fantastic execution of the monitors, the red colouring of the walls... just stunning. The custom minifigs are the icing on the cake, the Nurse Chapel figure in particular looks brilliant. Is that the slide out beds reused from the Botany Bay on the bottom left that featured from time to time in the Original series?

Well done, BaronSat! :wub_drool:

How could I not like it? :wink:

I was always planning to do a Voyager sickbay - but I guess this will never end up luckily due to lack of time...

Fantastic! It's great to see more Trek MOCs here, the Detail is fantastic, from the Skull in Bones office, to the diagnostic monitors, to the orange bed sheets, to the fantastic execution of the monitors, the red colouring of the walls... just stunning. The custom minifigs are the icing on the cake, the Nurse Chapel figure in particular looks brilliant. Is that the slide out beds reused from the Botany Bay on the bottom left that featured from time to time in the Original series?

Thanks and pleased to see such a great Star Trek enthusiast and connoisseur.

The nurse Chapel was built at the last moment and I also was very pleased by the use of those blond hair, they do 50% of the job ;)

Yes, it's the decompression chamber from that episode. A bit difficult to locate in the sickbay and not very useful so essential ;D

Check my website for more photos.

Well done, BaronSat! :wub_drool:

How could I not like it? :wink:

I was always planning to do a Voyager sickbay - but I guess this will never end up luckily due to lack of time...

Thanks.

Too bad the Voyager sickbay would make a cool set.

Too bad TLG did not get the rights to do Star Trek. :hmpf_bad: Many of us could then do stuff like this in real LEGO without too much custom parts. Your MOCs are very nice and accurate, too. Thank you so much for sharing this for us trekkies! :purrr:

You have captured the look of the original series very well here and it certainly is better than I could do. The corridors with the curved wall is really nice touch. It will be a good layout when you have done the extensions.

Probably not official. LEGO had Star Wars for a decade now and they also have contract with Disney who owns Star Wars now. They probably got a clause that prevents them from picking up competing sci-fi series.

Beside megablock did Star Trek long ago. It'd need a few more years before Star Trek franchise is sterilized of clone bricks.

Does anyone think that we will ever see Star Trek lego?

Who knows, afterall we have opposing companies (DC and Marvel heroes) made both at the same time, the main issue here is if it is as popular among the little children (main target of the LEGO company), our best chance would be to support one of those proyects at the LEGO site like what happened with back to the future.

Who knows, afterall we have opposing companies (DC and Marvel heroes) made both at the same time, the main issue here is if it is as popular among the little children (main target of the LEGO company), our best chance would be to support one of those proyects at the LEGO site like what happened with back to the future.

Is there a Cuusoo project for Star Trek? If there is can you link me to it please?

While I would love a (pre-reboot) Trek theme, I'm not sure its LEGO material. There aren't a lot of small vehicles where you can put minifigs in and swoosh them around. So we would probably end up with two types of sets - ships far below minifig scale, for swooshing or display, and minifig-scale interior scenes like BaronSat's sickbay right here, but simplifed and incomplete. And I can't really think of any play features to go with the sets - flick-fire photon torpedoes for the microscale ships? Or trapdoors on starship decks?

Now none of this would actually be that bad, but for the fact that a Trek license would logically be based on the reboot movies, and while it's only my opinion, to that I can only say :sick: .

Probably not official. LEGO had Star Wars for a decade now and they also have contract with Disney who owns Star Wars now. They probably got a clause that prevents them from picking up competing sci-fi series.

Beside megablock did Star Trek long ago. It'd need a few more years before Star Trek franchise is sterilized of clone bricks.

Kre-o currently has Star Trek sets, so I doubt we'll see any Lego Trek sets in the near future.

A Trekker friend of mine send me a pic of the 3 models assembled so I share it with you.

More to come and more in the next weeks with the two new rooms.

ASSEMBLY-SICK-ENG-TRANS.jpg

It's been a long time that the most exciting part of a model to me was the hallway. But...that's the case here.

Don't get me wrong - everything else is spot on and really plays to my inner Red-shirted Ensign - but from a design standpoint, there's something perfect and appealing about the way you've done the corridors / walls - all that stuff we normally take for granted.

Well done.

I love the old moonbase standard, but I'd really enjoy seeing a group build using some of your standards here!

Wow! It feels very... trekkie :grin:

Well... thanks? :hmpf_bad:

It's been a long time that the most exciting part of a model to me was the hallway. But...that's the case here.

Don't get me wrong - everything else is spot on and really plays to my inner Red-shirted Ensign - but from a design standpoint, there's something perfect and appealing about the way you've done the corridors / walls - all that stuff we normally take for granted.

Well done.

I love the old moonbase standard, but I'd really enjoy seeing a group build using some of your standards here!

Thanks.

Hallways are very important for me too, I mean they lead to new rooms means more adventures. I'd like to have a miniaturised camera to travel throught the hallways and rooms and feel as if I were a Trek minifig in the brick entreprise :classic:

I'd like to see that too because my project will be completed I will miss working on the rooms and corridors.

Fantastic creation! I entirely forgot about how superb Baronsat's models are! If I were a rich man!

Columbus019 just for the record, it's better to view and not to comment on threads as old as this. A good rule of thumb I go by is to not comment on something older then six months.

Edited by Forresto