Sign in to follow this  
de Gothia

Benoic house and Countryside

de Gothia and his two sons, Albion and Elijah is strolling the Benoic Countryside. Albion, the oldest one is always keen to meet new people and make contacts. Elijah, the youngest one is always having a stick in his hand, fighting imaginary dragons and enemies.

10419076275_a84e3f9e1f.jpg

10419204343_c3b2ec1111.jpg

10419060005_b40a999aba.jpg

Once I saw Mikey B seamstress I knew I had to build something like that someday. A small tribute to my friend Mikey. Not as good as his moc I know but I´m still fascinated by his little house. Here is his thread!http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=73224/

Edited by de Gothia

Really nice house and surroundings! My favorite part of this build is the low part for the hens on the back of the house, and the backyard in general :classic:

A lovely little house and a great tribute to MikeyB's work :thumbup: The layout of the building is quite attractive, I especially like the numerous rooflines.

The windows throughout the build are excellent, the large first floor windows, and the little dormers peeking out of the roof :thumbup: There are many great details to appreciate, some of my favorite: the chimney 'cap', the little henhouse with plank to get inside, the board fence next to the road, and Elijah with his little stick :wub: This makes me want to build a nice Mitgardian cottage :classic:

Nice little house! Like the little chicken area especially, though I am wondering how the chicken is going to squeeze in through that hole? :tongue:

Wow De Gothia, so many fantastic details, it is hard to name them all! For one the color scheme is just fantastic, I am really digging it, it looks amazing! I love the chicken house in the back! :D

That's great :thumbup: :thumbup: I like the style of your work :wink:

Great work de Gothia, Lots of nice details like the pie cooling in the back and the planters outside the window. I really like the backside and the chicken coop. adds a lot to the building.

the seamstress has to be one of my personal favorites. Mainly because of how it evolved from one tiny build and that I challenged myself to do a few things I hadn't done before (a "complete" building with interior and exterior) Not to hijack your thread but If anyone wants to see it, here is the original thread for my Seamstress

Thanks all! Glad you liked it!

Mikey: Of course I should have linked your moc as well. I will edit my first post! After all, it´s your moc that I´m doing a small tribute to! ;)

Looks great. I love the roofline and the addition of the headlight bricks turned in.

I really need to sit down and sort so I can come up with something for my character. I never have really taken the time to flesh him out for GoH...

Lovely house and nice scene, good to know the nobles of Benoic care about the common folks.

Wow, this is a really cool build, I like those windows with the brown and gold, try adding some gray studs to that path in the front, it already looks great but the studs might make it better.

I always love that color scheme. Great clean pictures (even if you didn't quite push all the bricks down)!

I always have loved your style with the great, detailed, compact designs.

I secretly cry at night that you are not in Nocty with me!

good job you wimp! nice clean build, keep it up!

Zcerry, thats fine, as long as its secret!

Thanks guys for the comments.

CBB: I´m not sure I follow you... Don´t you like the moc? Just say it. If you don´t like it, make suggestions how I could improve it instead...

Why do I make fun of those without the badge? I try to come up with suggestions on others moc to help the improve their mocing.

I didn´t give myself the badge. Do you feel that I don´t deserve it, you could go to the admins and point that out. I have to say that I was sad to read your post CBB.

Degothia, please take no offenwse at my comment, im not sure how to write it without offending.

What i think beery is going at is that your build is quite simple, thats not a problem at all, it works well, but i know that beerbeards been working his butt off crazy big time to get the title, when he posts his next moc, youll see some crazy techniques and conposition, along side many you may not see that i wouldnt even think of, (and this is where ill probably end up unintentionally offending :sceptic: ) it is much more complex than this moc is.

Once again please take no offense, i mean none and do really like your mocs!

de Gothia's badge is deserved and this MOC is good as well. It is asymmetrical, it has good color combos, good figure posing and excellent photography.

I do not know if Beery was trying to say he thought this MOC was below some standard as LD and dG seemed to indicate, but if he was, putting down someone's MOC is not a way to earn a badge for yourself, in fact it will have quite the opposite effect.

Great moc de gothia, clean and effective! I enjoyed Mikey's original and its nice you have honored him with a remake.

There are many different things that make a moc great. Some of the best castle mocs I've seen are built in the most basic fashion, yet they just capture a great look and feel. People seem to think that you need to use thousands of pieces and cram in so much detail to make a good moc.

I'm guilty of using 'so called' complex part intensive techniques but there is nothing expert about it. In fact it's pretty damn simple. Using lots of different bricks to make a wall is not rocket science and nor is anything else I do. It's pretty easy if you have the pieces to try it.

A lot of 'moc experts' are just builders who have big collections and so can build things others can't.

A moc expert, if there is such a thing, is someone who continues to roll out mocs that do what their supposed to do and are pleasing to look it. This moc ticks both those boxes, as do your other mocs.

BB has built many mocs that also tick those boxes but its not always down to how many techniques he's used. He could post a build that's full of crazy techniques but it just might not look right. If you get what I mean. Not saying BB has put out a moc that looks wrong, Infact I fully support that he deserves a moc expert tag because he has also continued to put out many great looking mocs that are original and have a recognizable style. I respect him for not following a trend and copying what others do.

No one should feel pressured to make ultra parts intensive detail builds because that does not make you a great builder, just means you have a lot of Lego at hand!

I've probably been a worst nightmare for other castle builders as I upped the detail and realism which may have made some feel pressured to try and keep up with the 'times'. Its just my style what I wanted to build. It really is not about that however, there are lots of castle builders who I think do better mocs then mine and they are built in a much simpler way.

Always build for yourself and not for the people.

I mean no offense to anyone with this post, just my thoughts :)