DNL

Hrothingas - Stage 2

That's, just as the first stage, very great. I can really see it growing into stone. The details are amazing, the tudor style with the carpiece, the rocks and offcourse the castle itself. Those trees look also amazing. Great work! I'm looking forward the the next stage. :classic:

Brilliant! :wub: and built so shortly after the first.

This is a really beautiful castle. I especially like the wooden battlements, and choices of colours used for the mottling.

When I edited the title, I took the liberty of adding "Hrothingas" to it, as well as adding a link to the first stage in your post. Hopefully that's okay with you.

Man those are some nice looking rocks, the whole thing is excellent--great work! :thumbup:

This is awesome, the year 1100 is very special for the village I live in, the first building was build that year! The church.

But now back to your MOC: the houses in it are awesome, I love the different colours of planks used. The roofing technique is great. The rocks too.

Is that tree new? It would be awesome if the landscape evaluates along with the castle, like growing trees, eroding rocks and so on.

Thanks for the comments everybody :classic:

Is that tree new? It would be awesome if the landscape evaluates along with the castle, like growing trees, eroding rocks and so on.

Yes it's new, there was a smaller tree in it's place in the first stage. The landscape (vegetation) changes as the castle changes, but i won't change to rocks since it takes a lot more time for rocks to erode than just a couple of hundred years.

When I edited the title, I took the liberty of adding "Hrothingas" to it, as well as adding a link to the first stage in your post. Hopefully that's okay with you.

Good idea to add a link to the first stage, thanks!

omg I love ur idea for the trees whats the techneque?

The tree on the rear of the castle is built using headlight bricks and plants. the one next to the gate has leaf pieces that are attached to each other vertically, just try it to find out how, its hard to explain.

Amazingly well done! In my opinion, much better than the first (which is saying alot) :wink:. Again, your realistic looking foliage and rock formations astound me. Also, the wooden tower is good, its simple but looks very realistic.

Awesome MOC! I hope it gets frontpaged like the first! :thumbup:

Absolutely magnificent! :classic:

The timber framing and the colorful stonewalls work together very well with the lovely vegetation.

Hmm... but how might Stage 11 look alike... a small old-town with some cool glass&steel architecture mixed in perhaps..? :grin:

:wub: That is amazing! All the details, all the wonderful use of pieces, and all the creativity! I love it! :cry_happy: Your use of pieces is just outstanding! You are 100% one of the best builders on Eurobricks, and I congratulate you for that. :wink: This is a lot better than the first version and I can't wait to see the final result. I really like the trees and the way they're designed, especially the one next to the gate. The rock formations and the wooden tower is really cool and I might use the wooden tower design for some of my MOC's. Is that ok? Thanks again!

This is just as great as the last one DNL. But what I really like about this, is the concept itself. Having the castle evolve from a wooden structure to a..., well, I don't really know. A star shaped fortress, maybe?

Fantastic, as always. :thumbup:

That's again a totally awesome Castle MOC, DNL! :oh:

I really :wub: it!

It's absolutely perfect designed and looks very realistic! :oh: The most I like all the tumber framing buildings - they look very lovely (especially the brown-tan one with the black roof)!

Very, very well done! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Bloody lovely!!

I'll be following this series closely, it's fantastic!

I'm very interested in the evolution of Castles and stuff, so good work!

-A.S.

Truly amazing :wub:

And it seems like I'm not the only one wondering where the project will end up, how many stages are you planning to have?

excellent! I love it, when you'll finish every "stages" of the castle, will you make a kind of photoshop work showing all the stages in one picture ?

Very cool. Do you have them on separate baseplates or are you just adding on? I can't wait to see the whole series.

If it keeps getter as from 1 to 2 the next one must be truly amazing.

I wonder what it will be?

Are going to keep all of them or just rebuild them for the next stage?

Hope to see more soon. :thumbup:

Dear DNL,

I really love the use of the different shaded of brown, rown and dark brown.

And the fact you grew the trees of the first stage to a larger version. :wub:

Just all round outstanding design and work.

Kind regards,

Teddy

Two things make this project awesome.

The first is the idea. It is something I've always wanted to seen done with lego, and so I wish you the best of luck!

The second is the building, which is fantastic and lovely!

Awesome job, awesome idea! I look forward to seeing more!

Again, very creative and detailed. Keep them coming. It would be cool if you continued into the modern era with forts and such.

Your castles are amazing DNL! The surface of the cliff are really nicely built and the tree is also a pretty cool idea too. Can't wait to see the next few stages of the castle.