REVIEW: 4738 Hagrid's Hut

Hagrid's Hut…  

101 members have voted

1. 1. …how would you rate this set?

• Like a trip into the dark forest
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Like Hagrid accidentally slipping me juicy info!

alltough you say it is dumb that hagrid hangs his food on his ceiling

he actually does if you pay attention in the movies you see all that food and stuff hanging on the ceilings

for the rest i loved your review

actually i like all of them

keep them coming!!!!

with highest regards

dr Jones AKA count D'Hubeaux

Good review except I think hermione looks preety good.

Also the light on my hagrid's hut is a solid trans orange light I don't know whats wrong with yours but mine is the smae color as the flames.

I do agree with the spider he dosn't looks horrible but he does come with eight swords.

Great review of Hagrid's hut. IN my opinion everything his excellent besides the spider.

Another outstanding and well-written review. Yes, I have read everything, so don't quote on me that I have only glance through your review. :tongue:

I am also one of the few collectors who never own any of these past editions and to me, I find this very pleasing to have a chance to own this again. You can expand the hut by incorporating it like a medieval woodcutter lodge, hunter lodge, small little house, etc. I find both exterior and interior to be filled with nice details. By the way, one thing I love about your review is the 3 generations minifigures comparison. It's very helpful to have a bird-eye view. :thumbup:

Nice review and thanks for sharing. I am sure you will have much more excitement lining up for us.

Also the light on my hagrid's hut is a solid trans orange light I don't know whats wrong with yours but mine is the smae color as the flames.

I do agree with the spider he dosn't looks horrible but he does come with eight swords.

Great review of Hagrid's hut. IN my opinion everything his excellent besides the spider.

Hold on, really? I only knew about it coming in red and yellow (the light color, that is-- the color of the actual piece is always trans. red or just transparent from my experience)! :wacko: Have you got pics?

I like the look of new Hagrid's face - maybe a smile isn't very suitable for him, but it's hidden by a beard, and this face can be used for many more figs.

Best regards, Dr

I like the look of new Hagrid's face - maybe a smile isn't very suitable for him, but it's hidden by a beard, and this face can be used for many more figs.

Best regards, Dr

I think a smile is a great face for Hagrid, at least in the films where he's not depressed about something. He always strikes me as an amicable, cheerful character (part of the reason it's so ironic that he associates with creatures that would disgust or terrify other wizards).

But you have a good point-- the use of his beard not only makes his facial expression more ambiguous on the Hagrid fig itself, but it makes the face a lot easier to use on other figs without the face automatically equating with Hagrid in the viewer's mind.

I'm not a big purchaser of licensed sets, but this one is so tempting to me. There are a lot of cool little aspects and elements that I wouldn't mind picking up.

And again a FANTASTIC Review! First I thought I'm not going to buy the new Hagrids Hut but I think that I'm going to buy it (Only for Ron and Hagrid :tongue:) You really make beautiful pictures and sometimes very funny (Like the first one where Ron and Hermione are kissing)

So now I'm going to read Freeing Dobby :laugh:

Super review Cloney!

I've never collected HP before but am seriously considering branching out with this new wave. The figures are amazing - and I much prefer the newer, more traditional faces to the splayed-out weird features of the older ones, especially old HinckleyHagrid.

The hut itself is a little plain from the outside, but I like the little features inside. Strange that the PF light-up brick should be yellow, when orange ones exist - the PF brick in my Winter Toy Shop is definitely orange.

Nice pumpkins! I could live without the big spider thing though.

Strange that the PF light-up brick should be yellow, when orange ones exist - the PF brick in my Winter Toy Shop is definitely orange.

I just built this set. My PF light is very definitely orange - strange that yours should be yellow. :wacko:

I have to say, I think it's a great set - a nice representation of Hagrid's lair, with lots of play features, and the pumpkins are useful for Halloween month. It's a shame they didn't make the roof octagonal, but the effect as it is isn't bad.

Great review! I learned a lot, including I'm probably not going to get this set. :grin: And yeah, that giant spider isn't that great... someone smack the LEGO company for me!

I got a yellow light brick, too. I might message lego about it. Either way, anyone who's been jipped out of an orange light brick deserves to get one. :sing:

Very nice review.

I received the set last thursday. I really like it. The minifigs are great and the details in the inside of the hut are amazing. I don't mind the design of Aragog, it's ok for me. Overall I think it is a little expensive (I paid 49,99€). 40 - 45€ would be enough in my opinion.

Well score one for the lego corporation - now I MUST have Hagrid's Hut and it's all your fault (THANK YOU!) :sweet:

Great review, very informative. I've never had any lit bricks before so that would have been enough to gode me into getting the set. I'm intrigued by Hagrid's new torso - know what it means? Hagrid now has a change of outfit! The newer, sloppier one for spraying for flesh eating slugs, and the older, tidier outfit for getting ready to see Madame Maxine. Totally cool!

I too am ticked off about the, as I see it, downgrading of Hermione's face. I think I'll use the older flesh Hermione heads for Hermione, and use the newer one for various Hogwarts girlie-types. Also, as lovely as Hermione's new hair bit is with it's braids meeting in the back and the longer hair, I prefer the older Hermoine's hair which was medium length and loose.

Thanks to you great close up shots, I now see this latest incarnation of the Hogwarts uniform looks more relaxed - the tie is loose and the neck skin shows. Early on the movies got away from the more formal wearing of the Hogwarts uniforms and when the kids are in the uniforms, the shirts are not tucked in and they wear their ties any old which way. The newest Lego Hogwarts uniforms reflect that casualness nicely.

Great job! You MUST review the Diagon Alley set in 2011. Really. Must. :classic:

Great job! You MUST review the Diagon Alley set in 2011. Really. Must. :classic:

Thanks. As I've said before, if you want to send it to me, I'd be more than happy to review it. Really, I'll make it my top priority. :wink:

I'm glad my review has helped some people make up their minds about this set. That's what I try to do!

Great Review. I like this set, but they could have improved the spider... The minifigs superb, and another weak point again the stickers... Nothing new i guess

Thanks for the informative and interesting review. I would really like to get this set for the village witch of my planned medieval town setting, but the set is absurdly overpriced at least here in Finland with €59.95... I mean, it's still just a small hut, even if it's from a licenced theme and all. Of course it has a lot of figs, but personally I have pretty little use for fleshies and Hogwarts uniforms. :tongue:

Last week I might have got the set for half of the price from the opening campaign of a new toy shop (all Legos -50%) - if only the date wouldn't have been misprinted in the advert. Argh! :angry:

I felt quite sad when I read this review at the way you mocked the old Harry Potter figures, :( . I think LEGO did a great job at the original figures, considering when they were made.

You really do over-exaggerate. I'm sorry but in this Review you said ''What was LEGO thinking'', on the old Hagrid. I think it look's wonderful and charming. In one of your other review's, you said the old Ginny wanted to make yourself commit suicide. Please have some respect for the Old - Harry Potter Mini-figures, remembering the time period in which they were created, and how technology has advanced. Please think about others feeling's and the impact's you make.

Edited by Quibbler

Mines orange too!

You really do over-exaggerate. I'm sorry but in this Review you said ''What was LEGO thinking'', on the old Hagrid. I think it look's wonderful and charming. In one of your other review's, you said the old Ginny wanted to make yourself commit suicide. Please have some respect for the Old - Harry Potter Mini-figures, remembering the time period in which they were created, and how technology has advanced. Please think about others feeling's and the impact's you make.

Here we go again... Why do you need to bump 3 threads by the same person just to say the same thing? This really is getting old.

I'm sure you're going to respond again reprimanding me on how I talked to your son and/or grandson, but seriously, all these bumps of old topics just to be receptive I what he or you says about the old figures and ones opinion of them is ridiculous.