Christian

Toy Story discussion thread

Thanks for the pictures.

Love the look of the sets so far apart from the Zurg and Buzz "construction" sets. These two sets do not do it for me... yet.

The round up set looks like a winner from my children's viewpoint. Lots of little things to play with and the whole town acting as the play set. PERFECT!

Thank you very much for the link to the pic, Oswald the Rabbit! :classic:

The sheriff's office has two floors :thumbup: , looks really :wub: and includes even hinging doors! :oh:

Why does TLG not release this with regular minifigs as a non-licensed Western set?! :sadnew:

Klaus-Dieter

Thank you so much, Oswald! :sweet: All the sets look just :wub: ! I'm happy to see that the spaceship looks much better in the final version. :thumbup: It even includes a little purple car! :sweet: The army men set seems to include a green stretcher. :oh: The only downside is that Buzz and Zurg's elbows don't seem to be posable, but that can be easily modded.

I'm very tempted now to go to D23 to be able to see them in person. :grin: Hopefully more close-up pics will surface soon!

TLG has really been thinking about AFOLs with that army men set (although I'm not a fan of modern military stuff). The Western village perhaps looks a little too 'toy-ish', but detail pictures will have to clear that up.

Thanks for the link. I really like the action figure sets now. Buzz's space craft looks okay but it's not to " Wow! I'm getting this ASAP!"

Those sets look quite good in their finished version. The army men set is just a plethora of normal parts in green, which is so awesome! I love accessories in alternative colors, LEGO did a great job with that!

The large Buzz and Zurg figures also look pretty good. Each seems to have a lot of pieces, which is good, and each very well represents their film character counterpart. The new Bionicle hands used on both were a great idea in my opinion, as well as the Bionicle Mystica launcher for Zurg.

I like how this line is turning out to be a smattering of everything all tied together: army cars, space ships, western towns, and giant guys!

I like how this line is turning out to be a smattering of everything all tied together: army cars, space ships, western towns, and giant guys!

wasn't Toy Story itself a smattering of a bunch of different play styles?

Edited by Arthas

I'm not liking the new bigger minifigs, but that giant Buzz "constraction" thingy looks rather nice. Depending on price - and alas, I avoid most licensed stuff because of that - I may get it. But the larger, more detailed minifigs, ugh. And since what I've seen of the Ben 10 cartoon suggests that it's strongly based on strange-looking characters, this may be a slippery slope....

I suppose you are right, but for some reason I hadn't expected it in the LEGO theme. Really though, in the movies there are only the little army guys and not a jeep, and the only spaceship was a cardboard packaging box that buzzs came in. I really only think of the characters themselves when I think of the movies, because the main focus of play for Andy (and Sid, I suppose) is only action figures, and action figures don't really come in whole setups.

I hope that explains why I was pleasantly surprised with everything LEGO has come up with, although I suppose it would be common sense.

Thanks for the pic, Oswald.

It is neither prelim nor confidential, and was shown at Disney's own D23 convention, so there's no reason we can't post it directly now :sweet:

toystory.jpg

I love the giant buzz and zurg models! :wub: Zurg is like the coolest villan ever must get that set. And the purple :wub: As for the buzz lightyear, who cant resist! i wonder how much they will be and when the exact release date is... As for the others, so far i only like the toy solders, i will have to see how the fort turnes out in a review :wink:

Wow, those large figures are much better that I thought! I might even have to get the Zurg one...for educational purposes, of course. :grin:

All of those other sets look amazing, too! I can't wait for them to come out!

EDIT: In fact, I may even have to use some of the money from my LEGO Star Wars "budget" next year!

Edited by ILikePi

I'm getting these sets, for the figures, parts, set themselves ad even some extra BIONICLE parts. :cry_happy:

I really hope that the army men are battlepack price, which they look like they will be. Either way, I'll probably get multiples.

You say Giant Zurg, I say...purple!

Also, how long until someone takes the Sheriff's Office/Jail set and points to it as evidence of the return of Western?

Star Wars: Favorite theme.

Toy Story: Second favorite theme.

Wow. All I can say is wow. With the confidential, blurry pics, I thought the only good set was the battle pack, but this has completely changed my mind. All that gorgeous purple and lime green! :cry_happy: I want both those big buzz and zurg models sooooo badly, I'll buy the battle pack multiple times, the ship looks great, and the Western town is a must have. :thumbup: With so many great Star Wars, Toy Story, and then Prince of Persia ( :sweet: ) sets coming out, my wallet will be not only hurting, but dead by the end of the year. :tongue:

EDIT: In fact, I may even have to use some of the money from my LEGO Star Wars "budget" next year!

Yes, I think I might too. Darn, I need more money. :hmpf_bad:

Well, I feel kind of useless now, because the prelims stink compared to that photo. :laugh:

Thanks, though. Can't wait for all that purple.

Those are all awesome sets! The only thing that bothers me is the specialized pieces in the tall models. There probably wont be any other uses for those. I can't wait to see details of these sets. :thumbup:

Edited by prateek

I think I see a rc controller by the buggy thing so could it be remote control. Sorry if it isn't I have bad eye sight. Can someone tell me if I'm wrong?

Do I see new doors on the saloon? Or are they just window shutters?

Steve

Oh I like the Army Men set. Four soldiers and a jeep for $15 hopefully.

The Giants... Buzz is cool I hope his dome is useable. And Zurg, everyone, does NOT have that much purple. He has about 8 purple quarter-cylinders, a dish, a few slopes, maybe a couple of bricks, and a propietary head. Just because there is a ton of purple visible doesn't mean it's full of purple.

Edited by Squeaker

I will have to get multiples of the Green Army Men. LOVE IT! I like the giant Zurg and Buzz, but not for me. However, I missed the Wild West theme when it was out years back (my dark ages) so REALLY looking forward to sheriff's office and salon. Gotta have it!

Do I see new doors on the saloon? Or are they just window shutters?

Steve

Just the new window shutters in orange.

It's funny, Alice and I were only talking the other week about how the new shutter pieces would work better as saloon bar doors than as window shutters, since they're so large :laugh: