Sign in to follow this  
Stauder

What do you expect?

Wrong. Newb is someone new to the game, they should be helped and nurtured, not picked on.

Noob/n00b is the same thing.

That's teh 13375|

Oh, so you were right!

20060823.jpg

Now, to edit my post so I don't look like a n00b. :-P

You scare me somtimes..

But as somone metions It is debatable weather we will be able to bould our own world and have good framerates and loading times. Why? Coz everytime somone logis in god knows how many creations must be loaded :'-(

Let's hope there's PKing!

Somewhat like Runescape (shudder) only a lot better.

You know, some people like Runescape.

Edited by hewkii9

I hate Runescape although I don't know it coz no tech, you know. I prefer Halo or something starwarsy

Sure, Halo is alright. But most of the people playing online appear to be ill-tempered idiots.

Edited by Wobo Ihi

I would like different world (or themes) so one town is a modern City based world and another one is Lego Pirates themed world. You could for instance be driving around the Lego City to the nearest Space Centre and then flying up in a ship into Lego Space or perhaps to Mars that sort of thing, the possibilities are endless

That's exactly what I want in Universe too! Although, they wouldn't have to have every world when it first opened. They could start out with 3 or 4 worlds and then open a new world every 2 months or so. ;-)

Another thing I want is this to be FREE! At least, the membership should be free. But TLC can make money by charging for new pieces, minifig parts, weapons, and other things, and a starting out player only would have a limited number of pieces and stuff. That would be my ideal game. *sweet*

Edit: Speaking of which.... this is not my ideal topic. Isn't this supposed to be about Lego Universe? Why is everybody yabbering on about Halo, Runescape, and different kinds of newbs? |-/

Edited by Grevious

Edit: Speaking of which.... this is not my ideal topic. Isn't this supposed to be about Lego Universe? Why is everybody yabbering on about Halo, Runescape, and different kinds of newbs? |-/

They're discussing similarities between them. At least that's how I understand it. ;-)

And don't worry about the off-topicness, that's part of the EB spirit! :-P

On topic ON..!

Quick Question here

Is it like a game you buy in the store or one you download from Lego.com like Premium Games and stuff?

I would prefer a PC game becuase it would be easy to connect to the internet

IMO you pay for membership then all the parts are free

or there are different levels of membership for example

Basic Membership:100 parts of your choice

Golden Membership:500 parts

Premium Membership:1000 parts

Elite Membership:5000 parts

and so on

Piranha

Well it depends. The price is a tough one. On one hand, games like WOW have a monthly fee, on the other hand the age of the players probably won't be the same, and I doubt an 8 years old boy to be ready to spend on a game very month.

Well it depends. The price is a tough one. On one hand, games like WOW have a monthly fee, on the other hand the age of the players probably won't be the same, and I doubt an 8 years old boy to be ready to spend on a game very month.

You called it WOW! Gah! For some reason, I find that particular acronym very irritating... :-| Don't listen to me, though, as I've never even seen a screenshot of World of Warcraft. (How isolated am I?!)

Anyway, you're right, though I think putting up a fee would be nice, because it would do something to stop people from spamming up the place. Different sections for different age groups would be nice...

Dream on!

Have kids. You will never be bored again. You will learn to savour the times that you have absolutely nothing to do!
That can wait about 10 years. I'm sure having children at 14 wouldn't go over too well...

Anyway, this game actully looks kinda' boring. Maybe I'll try it, but I don't know. It depends.

That can wait about 10 years. I'm sure having children at 14 wouldn't go over too well...

Anyway, this game actully looks kinda' boring. Maybe I'll try it, but I don't know. It depends.

Name a single MMORPG where excitement happens all the time :P

I like the look of the game myself

About payments, I hope it wont be monthly fees, I wont be able to keep up. If it is though, they could at least be like Dofus and allow f2p (free to play) members roam say, 1 region and have limits, whilst p2p (pay to play) members get the whole Lego Universe (:-P) and no limits.

Still, I'd prefer to buy it on the shelf and not have to keep paying.

From a Company perspective, I honestly think it will be a charge for the game itself, like the previous PC ( and video) games. LEGO and NetDevil are keeping in mind that although LEGO is popular with people of all ages they are a kids company.

But the "elite" version sounds good, a one-time fee for more involved/older players who wouldnt mind spending some extra cash to do more things. *y*

Well, all aour theories are good, but We"ll have to wait n see... Wonder if they need beta testers >:-)

Stauder

Well, all aour theories are good, but We"ll have to wait n see... Wonder if they need beta testers >:-)

Stauder

Why would they need evil beta testers? 8-|

Why would they need evil beta testers? 8-|

Hey! >:-( I was a beta tester for the My Lego Network. Grrr.

You called it WOW! Gah! For some reason, I find that particular acronym very irritating... :-| Don't listen to me, though, as I've never even seen a screenshot of World of Warcraft. (How isolated am I?!)

Shouldn't it have been WoW? WOW is Worms Open Warfare...

Hey! >:-( I was a beta tester for the My Lego Network. Grrr.

no you misunderstood. I have nothing against beta testers. I was just making a joke about how stauder used the >:-) emote for no apparent reason. I think that emote is overused. and on that matter, >:-)

I expect it to be like Sims, but with all the LEGO bricks ever made and your own credits.

PLEASE, DON'T MAKE IT HABBO!!!I DON'T WANT TO PAY TO HAVE EXTRA FEATURES!!!

Make the characters have a "job", bossed by an Admin or Moderator, and if you work well, you get credits to buy anything you want.

And that separated servers stuff sucks. Hell, if someone bothers you, don't mind. Well, it could be like, inside the server, people build houses and put an age restriction in their door, like: "Only 13+""Only 7-" etc.

That would be very good.

Piloting vehicles, spaceships, fighting in armies, blow Dread Stars and stuff. I WANT VIOLENCE AND GORE!!!(with no blood, but flying LEGO hands are cool).

WHEN IS IT GOING TO BE FINISHED AND PUT ONLINE???

Edited by BobaFett95

If there is really the possability of building everything there would be way to many crappy houses,cars,figs and lots more.Otherwise I wonder if there would be ability to build vehicles like tanks.

Owning noobs would be way more fun with a tank. *sweet*

I predict it'll take at least one lesson from Second Life, what with the building system in that game

Then it'll make it all done with Lego, which'll be much better

I will, however, laugh very, very hard if, in colour schemes, they include both Bley and Grey

I predict that it will be a lot like those third person online games. But it may be a little worse graphics-wise, but on the other hand, it will probably be free becuase TLC is letting children play it.