Hey, I love U2! Just watched it might get loud, great documentary! What was this thread about again? :grin:

I can't post pics. We can dig this 3d in 6 months or less and we'll see. :thumbup:

I doughnut like to get off topic, but what did you see from other themes on there? :look:

On topic though, I think it is a good time to have some new NXT sets. :wink:

I have leaked news (my friend works at a plastics supplier).

TLG are discontinuing bley coloured parts (omg what will I do with all my bley parts, they're now worthless).

BUT they're bringing back grey! Because it was the number one request from AFOLs.

I can't post pics. We can dig this 3d in 6 months or less and we'll see. :thumbup:

6 months or less? If the pictures are out there right now, they will be on the net in a matter of days or hours, not months.

Sooo..... What's the news? Could somebody maybe post a link to the source of this information, please?

Anyway, what's the difference between grey and bley?

Sooo..... What's the news? Could somebody maybe post a link to the source of this information, please?

'daniele' said that there will be a...

- New crawler with arm for handling wreckage.

- New F1 car, but it seems a F3000 for its own size.

- New Motocross with new cross tires.

- New loader.

Edited by just2good

On a lot of recent instruction booklets, well back to about 2007 or 2008, you could hardly tell the difference between some of the dk grey and black pieces, hence the bley...

'daniele' said that there will be a...

- New crawler with arm for handling wreckage.

- New F1 car, but it seems a F3000 for its own size.

- New Motocross with new cross tires.

- New loader.

Those are very likely and mindstorms too.

interesting.

I managed to find the original post in Google's cache.

(copy this webpage URL, paste in Google, delete "&st=30" off the end, and add "cache:" in front)

if it is accurate, then that should be fairly awesome!

TLG are discontinuing bley coloured parts (omg what will I do with all my bley parts, they're now worthless).

BUT they're bringing back grey! Because it was the number one request from AFOLs.

Are you serious?! I have just ordered a sh*tload of Bley parts default_angry.gif

if bley parts stop production, how would that make them worthless? wouldn't it make them worth more?

That would make them worth more in value, but if you are not a seller, your current collection will be limited to the parts you have (and are available on Bricklink). Looking at the future you will get a mixed collection instead of a larger collection of the same color. So worthless is probably not the right word. Useless would be better, although the parts aren't entirely useless of course.

I would be very disappointed, since I like the Bluish parts so much better.

Getting a new Mindstorm would be the good news!

Waiting for a new version for a long time. One that will be more compatible with PF functions, which seems to be obvious.

I heard news regarding mindstorms in May.............:blush:

But I will not say incase lego want to kill me.:grin:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

if the bley news is true, then, well, erm. Haven't they left it a bit late? I mean, if they reverted back just a few years after the change then it would have been very welcomed, but by now I have more bley in my collection of parts than grey. Personnaly it doesn't bother me THAT much. In fact I think I like this news, I think. I don't like using "obsolete" parts (like toothed toggle joints and the first style of 24t gear with the three axle holes) but now those parts won't look old and yellow compared to the new ones. But I imagine lots of people are gonna be pissed!

BTW the colour change had nothing to do with instructions. The old grey and dark grey are kinda yellow compared to the newer, much cleaner looking greys. However before the new greys were introduced I don't think hardley anyone really noticed the yellowness. It's only now since the new greys were introduced do the old greys have a yellow tinge to them in comparison which may lead one to ask, why change the colours in the first place? Could it be to add a degree of obsolescence?

In any case I guess specific colour tones don't have as much of an impact on technic as much as it would do for other themes such as castle where the older, warmer greys certainly do look alot better than the colder looking bleys, and where easthetics is of greater importance than functionality**. Whilst the new greys look more like steel (good for technic) the older greys look more like every other material for every other theme. So I guess us technic fans might not be the best people to ask if we like this change or not.

**although I am of course tempted to question wheather or not functionality above form is still the main focus of technic as most new sets lead me to wonder.

I can tell you that lego official sellers, asked TLG to reduce the white pieces in sets because the set with too much white are not liked from us. Do you agree? I've just bought 100€ of only white pieces on bricklink. Am I a black sheep? :wacko:

Edited by daniele

if the bley news is true, then, well, erm. Haven't they left it a bit late? I mean, if they reverted back just a few years after the change then it would have been very welcomed, but by now I have more bley in my collection of parts than grey. Personnaly it doesn't bother me THAT much. In fact I think I like this news, I think. I don't like using "obsolete" parts (like toothed toggle joints and the first style of 24t gear with the three axle holes) but now those parts won't look old and yellow compared to the new ones. But I imagine lots of people are gonna be pissed!

BTW the colour change had nothing to do with instructions. The old grey and dark grey are kinda yellow compared to the newer, much cleaner looking greys. However before the new greys were introduced I don't think hardley anyone really noticed the yellowness. It's only now since the new greys were introduced do the old greys have a yellow tinge to them in comparison which may lead one to ask, why change the colours in the first place? Could it be to add a degree of obsolescence?

In any case I guess specific colour tones don't have as much of an impact on technic as much as it would do for other themes such as castle where the older, warmer greys certainly do look alot better than the colder looking bleys, and where easthetics is of greater importance than functionality**. Whilst the new greys look more like steel (good for technic) the older greys look more like every other material for every other theme. So I guess us technic fans might not be the best people to ask if we like this change or not.

**although I am of course tempted to question wheather or not functionality above form is still the main focus of technic as most new sets lead me to wonder.

Indeed, it had nothing to do with the instructions. Would be a strange reason to change the color of the parts. Here an explanation of the "real" reason.

http://www.fbtb.net/...php?f=21&t=1859

That's why I think it's strange that they want to switch back. Indeed, it has taken too long to undo the change. Plus that TLG performed tests to determine the color palette. Changing it back because AFOLs are not happy seems to contradict the fact that kids like the color better (edit: the article doesn't say the kids liked the new grey better, that's my conclusion).

I don't like the news since I ordered a massive number of Bley parts the last couple of months. Not that I can't use them anymore, but I will get a mixed collection. And some parts will become extinct very soon.

For Technic it is not that much of a deal I guess, but for the Star Wars fans, it will have a bigger impact.

Edited by Gekke Ted

I'm calling BS on this. It's not just that it's unlikely that Lego would switch back, considering they adopted bley for some very good reasons. On top of that, there's no way someone working at a plastics supplier would know this, even if that supplier did provide ABS for Lego, because Lego no longer uses pre-colored granulate for their parts. They have separately sourced uncolored ABS granulate and colored dye for Lego production for several years now. Therefore, there's no way the plastics supplier would be privy to any of Lego's color formulations.

I can't tell whether this user is lying to get people's hopes up, or whether it's his alleged friend who's lying, and this user's just the middleman. But something smells fishy here, and it's not the seafood aisle.

Everybody relax and go play 9398;)

It is too early to talk about 2013

colour change is simply not going to happen.

As for the rest, yeah, it is way too early, and if I actually knew anything I wouldn't be allowed to tell anyone :laugh: