It may or may not be a dumb name. But it does have the ring of a name dreamed up by old white guys in an attempt to make a female centric comic series in the 70's and 80's... Which is what it sorta kinda was. Marvel Comics already owns that one. It was about a secret team of 5 or 6 female SHIELD agents working for Nick Fury, and led by his girlfriend the Contessa.

As you can probably guess, Stan Lee Gave the book that name.

there ya go- I guess naming doesn't really matter when there's The Avengers with Emma Peel and The Avengers with Nick Fury haha.

Either way it still has 0 votes so it won't ever be reviewed, doesn't matter I have 14 other projects on there #obsessedmuch?

I called it FEMME FORCE Super Spies

I think you're off to an ok start. A few things though, there's no real substantial build to showcase your idea. I think the storyline is there. And the 6 Crowns is a good idea and clearly something LEGO does. Look at Atlantis, Pharoahs Quest and Monster Fighters, to name a few. The figs don't look very appealing either. Seems you just put a handful of figs in a pile and swapped torsos/legs. It'd be better to have the Spies have the same uniform, with different color variations maybe. Like each spy could have different color sleeves with Agents torso(for example).

The one 'set' picture you do have isn't bad, but I think you really need a big, expansive MOC that is going to catch peoples eye.

I think you're off to an ok start. A few things though, there's no real substantial build to showcase your idea. I think the storyline is there. And the 6 Crowns is a good idea and clearly something LEGO does. Look at Atlantis, Pharoahs Quest and Monster Fighters, to name a few. The figs don't look very appealing either. Seems you just put a handful of figs in a pile and swapped torsos/legs. It'd be better to have the Spies have the same uniform, with different color variations maybe. Like each spy could have different color sleeves with Agents torso(for example).

The one 'set' picture you do have isn't bad, but I think you really need a big, expansive MOC that is going to catch peoples eye.

Yeah I noticed the collecting things with Atlantis and Monster Fighters so adapted it to this idea. I do have a set built, well, half of one, it's finding the inspiration for how to finish it, either way it's the Femme Force HQ so the main set of the proposed series.

As for the minifigs- I did just swap torso around, though more so what I did was I wrote down a list of 8 names - 100 points to whomever guesses the anagram their first letters make) - then I laid out all my pieces and put them together to what matches the name which I know sounds weird, but I think I did great with Pauline haha - But more so it's because I have limited pieces to use, but with your feedback I am going to update the project and cross my fingers it gets a vote of support!

Even then, LEGO would change the designs anyway so my main focus should be the meat- the storyline :s eek, I dunno, I'm hopeless at Lego.

I would like to see a theme with USA 60's look like with all city places and gangsters of course :P That would be awesome.

Edited by MakutaNocturn

I would like to see a theme with USA 60's look like with all city places and gangsters of course :P That would be awesome.

What if they revisit Time Cruisers, placing every set in a different time, like one for romans, one for victorian and so on...

What if they revisit Time Cruisers, placing every set in a different time, like one for romans, one for victorian and so on...

Maybe, but I think it might be a little disjointed for a standalone theme, unless they find some really compelling core elements and story to tie it together.

We now can be fairly certain that at least one of the next action themes we hear about will be the Ninjago replacement, which means it probably needs to be able to support a strong multimedia push. So Lego sets with "gotta catch 'em all" collectibility, some sort of gaming or direct competition element ( think Ninjago spinners), recognize able and distinct characters that can support the TV show, etc.

Monster Fighters would have been a good option for that sort of thing. Atlantis too maybe. I'm just not sure what other sort of theme would be able to hit those points in a manner that also leverages whatever the current 6-12 year gameplay fad is?

We AFOL's would love a Steampunk theme ( dear TLG, just bite the bullet and please license Girl Genius. Kthnxbye!) but I am not sure it would hit anywhere near the points that Ninjago landed so well. As I said in the Ninjago thread, some sort of a medieval fantasy era quest setting would work. With named distinct knights and Wizards, and quests for armor and weapons to defeat the various escalating villains. Maybe even some sort of joust or direct combat element? It would be perfectly timely with he Hobbit movies coming out, leverage existing resources, their extensive Castle/Kingdoms lines, and probably do well. But they did in fact get the actual LotR / Hobbit license, so no chance of an unlicensed theme here.

It's really an interesting mental excercise to guess where they will go next with his.

I know! Jack Stone 2! ( you may beat me now)

I would love to see a line that has more real type animals in it, safari, jungle, animal cops or the like... Animal control officers, could fight poachers, help capture wild animals, elements could tie in with the new city forest theme... tie ins to police, rescue animals from forest fires and such My daughter usually wants sets because they have animals in them, my son usually wants weapons and animals and I am into the modular buildings and would love animals for mocs like zoos and such

I would love to see a line that has more real type animals in it, safari, jungle, animal cops or the like... Animal control officers, could fight poachers, help capture wild animals, elements could tie in with the new city forest theme... tie ins to police, rescue animals from forest fires and such My daughter usually wants sets because they have animals in them, my son usually wants weapons and animals and I am into the modular buildings and would love animals for mocs like zoos and such

I like the idea, but we would probably be more prone to see it as a city sub theme and not an action one. Because of Lego's strict prohibition to depicting violence against real world animals. City can do animal rescue and zoo themes, a vet service, anti poaching forest police etc. It just feels like a better fit.

I wonder what the rules are for using or licensing something that is already in the public domain? I mean there is one suggested type theme that we sort of dance around. Steampunk, Victorian Explorers and Adventurers, SciFi... Why not strip the venear off of it and make the master? A theme outright inspired by the world of Jules Verne ( well and several of his public domain contemporaries.) Do a theme centered around Verne's "voyages extraordinaires" and see where it goes.

I recently got an idea for a female-orientated Action series for Lego which I put up on Cuusoo, unfortunately no supports thus far, but that's ok, when I get more time (and over my sickness) I will make some more prototypes for it...

Regardless, the story revolves around an agency of female Spies, not unalike Charlie's Angel's but instead run by an older woman with a prosthetic arm.

I thought that this would be a great female alternative to Ninjago but a male alternative to Friends, whilst still giving us plenty of new female minifigures, also being spies they would have a couple of cool, new clothing options, and possibly even multiple options per set for the game play.

I called it FEMME FORCE Super Spies, which is a dumb name, sure, but so is Star Wars when you say it enough times in a row haha.

Heck, so is Buffy the Vamp Slayer and look how good that was, I digress.

Anyone who has any ideas for this series, feel free to post a message to the project - http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17422

Any supports will be warmly received with a *high five* haha but I'm not here to canvass, simply to share what would be my ideal Action series as it would give our collection a heap more female options. (too much testosterone in Legoland)

What the heck...supported:)

Good idea. This could be the basis for a Jake Rains theme.

What if they just rebooted adventurers?

I have wanted a centaur mold for soooo long! I don't know why LEGO hasn't done it since it'd be so easy to modify the horse mold to accomodate minifigure torsos.

I'd love any theme that would introduce centaurs into the LEGO universe. :thumbup:

Which is why you make a mythology theme. Fans would eat it up. It's actually quite a good idea for Cuusoo.

Hmmm? I know there have been some mutterings involving pirates. Either as part of the next Ninjago series or as a replacement. The more I think on it, the more it makes sense. Not simply the classic Pirates line, or more PotC stuff. But something more targeted towards a theme like One Piece anime and manga. Named characters. Distinctive cartoony ships and settings. Individual battling. Quests and collectables. Pile that on top of Lego's decades of experience with pirate themes and it seems to meet the " it is something we will wonder why they didn't do a long time ago" type comments when they announced That something would be coming after Ninjago. It may even be some sort of Ninjago spinoff. ( Pirates vs Ninjas!)

Hmmm? I know there have been some mutterings involving pirates. Either as part of the next Ninjago series or as a replacement. The more I think on it, the more it makes sense. Not simply the classic Pirates line, or more PotC stuff. But something more targeted towards a theme like One Piece anime and manga. Named characters. Distinctive cartoony ships and settings. Individual battling. Quests and collectables. Pile that on top of Lego's decades of experience with pirate themes and it seems to meet the " it is something we will wonder why they didn't do a long time ago" type comments when they announced That something would be coming after Ninjago. It may even be some sort of Ninjago spinoff. ( Pirates vs Ninjas!)

Not really into Pirates. Don't know why, though. Maybe because it's a water-based theme, and those never really appealed to me.

But I would really welcome it if they made cartoony, caricatured ships. And small-ish ones that I could afford. That would be great. Especially because I absolutely love the way boats look.

Better yet, since I love Steampunk, what about a Pirate theme... With airships.

Kalhiki

PQ was an Adventurers reboot.

I don't think it was a total "reboot". It was a theme with a similar subject, but it approached it from a different angle. I like to contrast them by comparing Adventurers to Indiana Jones and Pharaoh's Quest to The Mummy. Both focus on archaeology with a supernatural component, but they're two different stories in the same genre.

In the same way, Mars Mission was far from a "reboot" of Life on Mars. Rather, it was a dark reimagining of the "first contact" situation explored in the original theme.

I don't think it was a total "reboot". It was a theme with a similar subject, but it approached it from a different angle. I like to contrast them by comparing Adventurers to Indiana Jones and Pharaoh's Quest to The Mummy. Both focus on archaeology with a supernatural component, but they're two different stories in the same genre.

In the same way, Mars Mission was far from a "reboot" of Life on Mars. Rather, it was a dark reimagining of the "first contact" situation explored in the original theme.

I see what you mean.

A more fantasy adventure theme would be good, think Final Fantasy or .Hack styled. Not quite SciFi, not really Historic but a good mix. Hence my latest MOC.

A more fantasy adventure theme would be good, think Final Fantasy or .Hack styled. Not quite SciFi, not really Historic but a good mix. Hence my latest MOC.

Knight's Kingdom II was initially intended to be something along those lines, with knights in mechanical armor and transforming castles. Unfortunately, the final designs and promotion of the theme tended more toward presenting it as a fantasy/medieval theme, which is probably part of why the theme was so poorly received among AFOLs. I think it would have been more accepted if it were a more complex sci-fi/fantasy mix, but the story tended more toward plain fantasy, and things like LEGO Magazine continually tried to frame it in an "educational" sense, including facts on real medieval weaponry and technology that the sets were clearly failing to accurately depict. So instead of a beautifully-anachronistic fantasy storyline, it just came across as a muddled mix of genres that couldn't decide quite what it wanted to be.

Yes, a theme about forum mods :laugh:. Seriously though, a theme about dragons is something we haven't had before. Not one that centers around dragons at least.

The closest to that would be Vikings, who had to battle some sort of dragon or other mythical creature from nordic legends. Ninjago also had quite a bit of focus placed on dragons only recently, so I don't think we'll see them soon again.

I'd love to have a dragon-centered theme as well (Ofnir from Vikings and the Earth Dragon from Ninjago being my favourite official ones), a license of the upcoming expanded 'How to train your Dragon'-universe would make a lot of sense in economical regards. That the dragons of that story can be built has already been proven here.

Other than that, I think that a re-imagination of 'Time Cruisers' has a lot of potential. Like Atlantis and Monster Fighters, they could have the theme revolve around having to collect a certain number of artifacts in order to safe/restore the flow of time, with the nefarious villains trying to manipulate said flow to their own advantage - making it a race through different different timelines, with the flagship set being the hideous lair of Prof. Twinkletoes, who just received the last artifact from his loyal, but somewhat dumb underling Mr. Sneezealot :laugh:

The closest to that would be Vikings, who had to battle some sort of dragon or other mythical creature from nordic legends. Ninjago also had quite a bit of focus placed on dragons only recently, so I don't think we'll see them soon again.

I'd love to have a dragon-centered theme as well (Ofnir from Vikings and the Earth Dragon from Ninjago being my favourite official ones), a license of the upcoming expanded 'How to train your Dragon'-universe would make a lot of sense in economical regards. That the dragons of that story can be built has already been proven here.

Other than that, I think that a re-imagination of 'Time Cruisers' has a lot of potential. Like Atlantis and Monster Fighters, they could have the theme revolve around having to collect a certain number of artifacts in order to safe/restore the flow of time, with the nefarious villains trying to manipulate said flow to their own advantage - making it a race through different different timelines, with the flagship set being the hideous lair of Prof. Twinkletoes, who just received the last artifact from his loyal, but somewhat dumb underling Mr. Sneezealot :laugh:

With The Hobbit looming we probably will not see a lot of unlicensed dragon love. At least not for the next year. Figure they have a Smaug set in the works, and probably an Eowyn vs the Witch King.

I don't know if this was ever mentioned here or somewhere else or if it would qualify as an action theme, but I would love to see the Cthulhu mythos (Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!) in LEGO. I would spend my savings on that...