50 members have voted

1. 1. -

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstandig

Great review.

I like the comparison shot with Plo Koons JSF. Saesee's looks sleeker. Someone should do comparison shots of all the JSFs together.

The rear view seen on Hoth Bricks does reveal the ship as bulky. This and the price may make this a hard sell.

Edited by ETAV8R

First of all, thank you for the review!

In my opinion, this set really is below average, even scratiching the below border to poor. The fighter may be very nice in its new design, but the rest is just unimaginative, and the pricing is ridiculous.

I really, really liked Mace Windu's Starfighter and the added play-value of the command-droid and the two STAP's, and back then I thought they did a step in the right direction. I'm always willing to pay more, when I've got the feeling that I'm getting something for my moneys worth.

This in comparison is just laughing stock in my opinion. They didn't even go through the process of thinking something up for the additional figure, an Speeder or whatever.

This set feels to me like: "Ok, we can't go with 25 buck-sets anymore, cause we already have two of them this year (droid escape and geonosian cannon), so what can we do to get this set up to 40 bucks?"

Answer: "Well, since everybody at TLC who ever thought about pricing, price-per-piece-ratio and play-value seems to be on vacation we throw in a new minifig and call it a deal."

I really hope that this will turn out as one of the worst selling LEGO Star Wars Sets ever, just to stop the Company from having any more funny ideas like this one.

Cheers, C*

Since I'm new to Star Wars lego, this looks like a fun build and a neat Starfighter. I don't own any of the others, so I can't complain about having yet another Starfighter. I like the color scheme and the cockpit does look neat. Again, being new to SW, I'm not sure how good the figures are. I don't own Saesee yet and I'm hoping they would release one without the Clone Wars eyes next year for AOTC, so I am waiting on this, unless I can find a great discount on it. There are just too many other sets ahead of this one over multiple themes.

But thanks for the review.

Glad to see that the green of the ship does not match the terrible green of that nasty little astromech. Makes me think of Oscar the Grouch for some reason.

Probably the ugliest grouping of minis I have ever seen.

Nice review! This is one of the sets I'm most looking forward to. The minifigs are superb, plus the new(er) lightsabers are not to be missed!

Great review. Thank you for it. I'm going to have to think on this one a bit.

Pro's;

Nice new shape that is much closer to screen accurate for the JSF.

Another new Jedi fig

Cons;

Price for what you get

We have so many other variants of this fighter

Does this fighter ever actually appear on screen?

The ugliest three minifigs ever to appear in any set. Not poorly made, just ugly, but based on ugly subjects.

As I said, I'm going to have to think on this one.

When this set was first announced, i went like "not another Jedi starfighter". And seeing the very first prelim pictures didn't do much to sparkle any enthousiasm, the new cockpit design looked kinda awkward in those. But i guess they worked on it a bit more before the set was officially released, because its looking way better now. I must admit it's starting to grow on me, i might actually pick it up if i can find it at a discount.

Thanks for the review Aayla-Secura!

My exact thoughts, so I thought it best to quote you and say "ditto". :laugh:

Thanks for the review. I definitely want this set, but with the higher MSRP than the Plo Koon Starfighter, I'll have to wait until this set inevitably gets clearanced to 50% off or greater.

Oh boy, another odd Jedi Starfighter function! Why does Lego want to make the pilot get out of the starfighter? Anyway, nice review of a great looking set! Not only is this dark green, (my second favorite Lego brick color) but the overall shape is much better looking and more sleek!

Why do military planes have ejector seats? Why would pilots need to get out of their planes?

I have to say that its more complex of a build than I would have assumed. I figured it was just like Plo-Kloon's.

Why do military planes have ejector seats? Why would pilots need to get out of their planes?

In case the hulk jumps on your plane an starts ripping it up. :grin: But really, in movies and stuff when they use it, it's because their ship is on fire or not working or something they need an ejector seat to get out. And they have built in parachutes I think so you don't just plummet to earth in a chair. But I was wondering if it's possible to see a photo of the front of R3-D5's head?

Nice review.

I'm looking forward to this set. I don't have any of the previous starfighters so the similarity doesn't bother me, and I like the color scheme and the figs.

Thanks for the review! This seems like one of the best Jedi Starfighters so far! Dark green makes for an excellent looking ship. I like how TLG keeps throwing in different play features in each one. The cockpit detaching is neat. R3-D5 looks sweet, and I actually want the Even Piell and Saesee Tiin figs as well! I'm glad they threw in more than one Jedi and a droid this time. Aw man, looking at that inventory of new minifigs is making me want to buy them all! Good job TLG, this set is another one I need to get.

While I like the fact there are two Jedi that I do not have in this, and that there is a new astromech in the set, I honestly will probably get this on sale, if at all. Lately, the Star Wars have been going up in price so rapidly, that it is starting to price itself out of my range. If I am going to bite the bullet later on, it will probably be for the Desert Skiff, rather than this.

While I like the fact there are two Jedi that I do not have in this, and that there is a new astromech in the set, I honestly will probably get this on sale, if at all. Lately, the Star Wars have been going up in price so rapidly, that it is starting to price itself out of my range. If I am going to bite the bullet later on, it will probably be for the Desert Skiff, rather than this.

The Skiff is definitely better. :thumbup: But I'm thinking I need to get both. After I pick up the Republic Frigate on sale for $75 in a local store. And LOTR.

Thanks for a lovely review aalya-secura! I saw this set on TLG's website and immeadialtely wanted to purchase it. This review has made me fall in with love with the minifigs as they are highly detailed accurate. :wub: I just wish it was a little cheaper. Ohh well, life goes on. I will still definetely get this set soon.