mahjqa

Tachikoma! (Ghost in the Shell)

:blush: You're building my stuff? Awesome! If you could, I'd love to get a picture or two of the tank/tachikoma. Doesn't matter if it isn't 100% the same as the original (Even better if you got creative and put your own twist on it), I'd love to see how it ended up :classic:

I haven't forgotten about this! I'll try to get some pictures this weekend.

I see that you modified it with tracks, great, I think I have more of those than the chain links, well I hope I do...

7131496841_f4e7018855_c.jpg

Mahjqa wrote on his Flickr photostream: "Limikoma! -- And there's another thousand! Thank you all for your support so far.

The deal: 10.000 supporters, and Lego will consider making this a set. If you havent' voted yet, please do so here: Tachikoma page on Cuusoo.

You can see the video

: youtu.be/dargOslomMA

Now, there's a little bump in the road. As you may know, the Cuusoo Shaun of the Dead project didn't end well. Now, a Tachikoma by itself is pretty innocent, but Ghost in the Shell itself isn't exactly children's material. So for this project to succeed, the model may need some small changes. I wouldn't do this without Shirow Masamune's* blessing, though. But anyway. If the standard Tachikoma isn't possible, which model would you prefer? Which color? Tracked or wheeled? Any other changes? Let me know.

*The original creator of 'Ghost in the Shell'

Edited by DLuders

On his Flickr photostream, Mahjqa posted a short Flickr video on how to "...decorate the Tachikoma eye domes. The stuff you see are 'Decadry' letter sheets. The stuff is intended for paper, but sticks pretty well to (clean) plastic. All brought you by the letter 'Ã…'."

7146132173_7b27a47eda_c.jpg

Edited by DLuders

Amazing almost 5000 votes.

Mahjqa now hope you get the 10000 votes

Greets Edwin

Edited by VFracingteam

I seriously love this! I need it!!! :sing:

Of all the Projects on Cuusoo, this is the one that I most want to see happen... I also really like THIS Gundam Model...

Oh yah, how is your idea going? Looks like we are about to hit a thousand. Lets get the words out there folks, this is also an amazing model! :thumbup:

Yes, 5,000 supporters! :classic: Mahjqa has posted an interesting variant (on the left), from his Flickr photoset:

7188812326_90f273f81c_c.jpg

Edited by DLuders

(Sigh):

From the LEGO CUUSOO Feedback page:

"Decision on the IP's fit with the LEGO Brand"

"First and foremost, congratulations to Mahj for reaching achieving over 5,000 supporters! LEGO CUUSOO gives the opportunity for adult LEGO fans to submit product ideas. Our team loves the original Tachikoma model and the ARAKN3 variants, they're cute, detailed, and very functional.

"In light of the recent clarification of our Brand Standards for appropriate LEGO products, it is clear that the IP Ghost in the Shell is not a brand fit for the LEGO Group and this project had been scheduled for removal from LEGO CUUSOO on those grounds.

"Having seen the recent projects denied in the LEGO Review as well as the Brand Standards blog post, Mahj in good faith contacted us to see if anything can be done to preserve his project. Initially we did not see an issue with altering the project to not reference the Ghost in the Shell series, with the understanding that should this reach the Review stage, our team would note the nature of the first 5,000 supporters in the business case.

"At first we told him he could edit the project to abandon Ghost in the Shell and keep the supporters earned. Admittedly, in this attempt to be kind to one person, we lost sight that this was in fact being unfair to others who have had their projects denied or removed without recourse due to an IP the LEGO Group deems inappropriate for our brand. While it hurts us to go back on what we told Mahj, the right thing for us to do in this situation is apologize, archive this project, and welcome him to submit his new ARAKN3 models as a new LEGO CUUSOO project.

"So, Mahj, we're very sorry about the situation we caused by first telling you that you could keep your supporters, and now retracting and archiving this project. Your new ARAKN3 models present no brand-fit problems that we see, and if you still wish, you are welcome to submit them as a new project. We have learned an important lesson about fairness here, please understand that we need to also consider others and the greater good of the LEGO CUUSOO community when applying our standards.

"We are learning as we grow. As we blaze new trails, as we nurture this very special community, and work on long-term improvements, we will make mistakes. We hope that all of you will bear with us through this process. Know that it truly is our desire to give you an opportunity to make your LEGO wishes come true by presenting new product concepts that connect with audiences who want them, and then turning your ideas into great LEGO products.

-- "The LEGO CUUSOO Team"

SO, the 5,000+ supporters could support Mahjqa's NEW project here (a Work In Progress):

thumb640x360.jpg

thumb640x360.jpg

Sadly, he's just reported here that the project has been shelved.

As he puts it:

NOPE

First and foremost, I would like to thank everybody who supported this project, not just by voting, but also by spreading the news and getting others involved in the project. Gaining well over 5000 supporters is a tremendous achievement.

But still, the Tachikoma/Arakn3 project has been shelved.

The attempt to salvage the project by disconnecting it from Ghost in the Shell wasn't received very well, and to be perfectly honest, it's probably the most fair option for everybody.

The Tachikoma was never intended as a Cuusoo project. Even before I put it on the web, I realised that with the connection to the source material the odds would be iffy at best. However, the video got amazingly popular, so I decided to put it up anyway.

Hindsight is 20/20, of course.

I'm feeling quite bummed out about the whole experience. I'm quite done with the whole Cuusoo deal. Still if you feel like giving it another shot: lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17553

:cry_sad: I'm quite sad about this, but he has his reasons.

It was going really well for him, but at least we all learned something... Anyway thumbs up for Mahj!

It's a shame it all turned out so bad, but at least the CUUSOO team seemed genuinely sorry about the whole thing. As it goes, I still want to see this made reality, because it was never about the license and was always about the awesome functionality for me. So I am still gonna support it in its new incarnation.

I was so looking forward to this by next year. Well, here it goes again! Spread the word and lets reach 10 000 votes!! :thumbup:

On his Flickr photostream, Mahjqa posted this picture of his ARAK-N3 Spider Mech and wrote "Want one? You can help: http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/17553 .

Video:

."

7330504198_7be370bf9f_c.jpg

"Barman has made the yellow version you see above. Go see his stuff here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/50191917@N06/ .

Got sugggestions for colorschemes, functionality, or something completely different? Let me know in the comments section" on the Cuusoo webpage. :classic: