Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

REVIEW: 7325 Cursed Cobra Statue

How do you rate this set?  

108 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this set?

I really love that they have enhanced it with no stickers. That is really good!

Great photos, great review!

Thanks for another great review Hinckley! :thumbup:

The cobra is I think the highlight of this set, I think TLG have done very well in engineering the flexibility to make it look believable. :thumbup:

The tower(?) thing is nice, but a tad on the small side I think.

The car is Very nice, love the red in there. And the figs are also nice, I really love the chick's face, the freckles are really well done, don't know if its a new head, seems new to me.

Thanks again for the review!

CF

Great review Hinckley! Despite the flaws of the set, it is definitely better than I thought it was before :thumbup:

Nice review, and great pictures.

The set does not do much for me. The only things of from this set I like is the new scarab shield piece (in pearl gold) and the female fig. The price at $29 US seems a bit high to me.

Ralph

The girl's name is Helena Tova, according to the TRU website. :classic:

Thank you! :sweet:

The girl's name is Helena Tova, according to the TRU website. :classic:

Helena Tova? That name doesn't quite fit... she has red hair, Helena would suit someone with dark hair. And 'Tova' sounds like an alien from Star Trek. Tova from the Nova.

I am going to call her Pippin Reed Jr.

What's scarier than a mummy? A mummy wielding poisonous snakes?? :look:

A grizzly bear with a chainsaw, now that's a killing machine.

Steve

I love the look of the bricks and adore the new colours. Any new female fig is a + for me. But at $30!!!! I won't be looking at this set until I can see it for max of $20. I think a lot of my problem with it is that I don't need yet another jeep, even if it is in gorgeous colours. I agree with the person who says they'ld rather those pieces had gone into the making of the statue.

Edited by Cara

Nice set, I really like the new colors and pieces. I agree with you on the dark orange 1x2 tiles, combined with 1x2 bricks with studs on sides, they'd make great brick walls. I also like the new color for the female hair, that piece comes in many colors now. The truck and snake are also pretty neat.

Not much to complain about, actually, but 30 USD is a little steep. I wish the snake would've been smaller or the obelisk to be omitted in order to bring the price down a bit.

Thanks for the review, Hinckley. But I can't help but notice that the ever-suave Jake puts Helena/Jackie/Pippin Reed Jr. in the "backseat", or crate. Not a good move there, bud. There's a nice cozy seat open right next to you. I guess you're not as suave as you think you are, huh? Maybe that comes with being an Elvis impersonator decades before he was popular.

All in all, I like this set, if only for the minifigs and car. Like you said though, that'd be nice if the snake had better joints.

-Santhor

Edited by Santhor

I mostly just want the girl figure from the set. Love the head and hair especially. I would take off her gloves (exchange with the guy).

The 1x2 tiles are really nice. The gold pieces could become a sweet trim in or on a house or treasure room.

Interesting.

I find no problem with the posing of the snake. The ball-sockets on mine are quite snug and seem to work very well. Now, I haven't posed the beejeebers out of the snake but, in the five poses I put it in, all stayed with no problem.

Side note: 'Helena' (sheesh, had to go look that up...I was stuck on 'Jackie'. LOL) has bare hands in the instructions but, gloved hands in the set. I guess somebody decided at the last minute that she was too 'dainty' to go out into the desert without coverage. :laugh:

Edited by Ogre

Got this set today and absolutely love it!

The jeep is very reminiscent of the one included in 5978 Sphinx Secret Surprise.

And to top it all off, I got it at a discounted price of £17.99 from Play.com!

However, there was something odd about my Helena minifig (in other words, her hands):

P4290112.jpg?t=1311008102

I'm confused... :wacko:

Bluebeard, out-

I saw this set on clearance the other day but couldn't bring myself to purchase it. I like the jeep but that's about it. You made a rather boring set into an interesting review so thanks for that. I'll still pass for now unless it goes down to $5.

However, there was something odd about my Helena minifig (in other words, her hands):

Bluebeard, out-

I'm more confused than you, what's wrong with the hands? And why wouldn't you tell us what's wrong? That's just cruel, because now I have to ask and it's probably obvious yet I missed it.

I'm more confused than you, what's wrong with the hands? And why wouldn't you tell us what's wrong? That's just cruel, because now I have to ask and it's probably obvious yet I missed it.

Sorry; allow me to elaborate:

Everyone I know who has the set says that, despite the box art, Helena's hands are infact brown (gloves), and yet my Helena has yellow hands, which has me confused over which is supposed to be the right pair of hands.

I dunno...Maybe the brown hands were simply an early batch mishap... :sceptic:

Bluebeard, out-

Edited by Capt. Bluebeard

To me, it looks like LEGO was aiming less for Indiana Jones than they were for Nathan Drake from the Uncharted series when they designed Jake Raines.

HunkDrakeUncharted2b.jpg

Got this set today and absolutely love it!

The jeep is very reminiscent of the one included in 5978 Sphinx Secret Surprise.

And to top it all off, I got it at a discounted price of £17.99 from Play.com!

P4290112.jpg?t=1311008102

Bluebeard, out-

Interesting.

I wonder which version is 'wrong'?

Great review! the name of the girl is Helena Tova Skvalling, actually, she's the group linguist, capable of speaking 6 different languages, she's exclusive to this set and she's the only character with a middle name, sometimes called Helena Skvalling and more rarely called Helena Tova. It seems that you, like me, gets the more common, faulty Helena torso with brown hands, instead of yellow.