WesternOutlaw

Wizard's Challenge

Excellent, let the fun begin :-) I mean, how hard is it to wack a minifig together? Get to it people ;-)

Exactly! You took the words right out of my mouth DS. A workshop is just something extra to get you ready for the new CASTLE theme.

Great contest! I'll probably enter. Just one question: do we have to enter the wizard with his workshop, or can he be alone?

Shakar

Great contest! I'll probably enter. Just one question: do we have to enter the wizard with his workshop, or can he be alone?

Shakar

Just the wizard is fine. The workshop is an additional challenge.

Does it have to be Castle-orientated? And by that I mean historical.

This isn't my contest, but I think your wizard should look like it could fit into the castle theme. ie, a space guy with a wand probably wouldn't be excepted. ;-)

What about a pirate guy with a wand?

captain_majisto-front.jpg

Since I have limited Castle pieces I improvised and incorporated in pirate pieces into the design, I call him Captain Majisto!

iso2.jpg

I took a heap more pictures to make it worth my while, but so I don't bog the thread down they can be found here.

Maybe this entry is appropriate but its the best I can do to support this competition with what I have available to me - short of a BrickLink order...

Here's my Wizzard entry!

Master Aves Hawthorn

aves_hawthorne_wizzard_contest_pic_1.jpg

Aves Hawthorne

aves_hawthorne_wizzard_contest_pic_2.jpg

Aves' Workshop

Master Aves Hawthorne was born in 1666 to a prominent Wales family. As a child he loved watching birds, all day. He even kept a very rare Hyacinth Macaw as a pet. But as he grew older, he moved away from his family, to Moscow. There he studied birds of all sorts. But the longer he stared at his birds, the more he yurned to fly with them. He eventually went mad with extreme jealousy of the birds and vowed he would find a way to allow himself to fly with them, the creatures he devoted his life to. Now, tossing his avian books aside, he studied witchcraft and wizzardry. He tried numerous concotions and potions on unsuspecting civilans, but nothing was a success, and all of his victims would end up seriously mutated, and then executed. As he grew older, his workshop grew older with him. Now, a large oak tree grows right through the window, allowing all sorts of birds to come into his domain. Although Master Hawthorne has not been successful with his potions, he will still continue with them, until he finally gets it right...

Nevermind. I drop this entry. Too busy to make another. Good luck to all other particiapants.

Just the wizard is fine. The workshop is an additional challenge.
Ah. I'll see what I can do. My wizard's ready. :-)

I think that so far my favourite is Sir Nadroj's Master Aves. I love the design of the workshop and of Aves himself. Plus, birds are my favourite types of animals.

Shakar

What about a pirate guy with a wand?

captain_majisto-front.jpg

You know, I never saw a wizard with a peg leg, but it actually looks pretty good. Not bad at all Phes.

You know, I never saw a wizard with a peg leg, but it actually looks pretty good. Not bad at all Phes.

My thoughts exactly!

God Bless,

Nathan

So finally I'm in it.

Here my wizard, Maponos the druid:

wizard_contest_entry_01.jpg

And here, Maponos in his workshop:

wizard_contest_entry_02.jpg

During the Celtic period, druids have a lot of power. In fact they are minister of war, they teach the knowledge and they are the intermediaries between humans and Gods.

So they have some mystical powers. But you can

I present Wolfgang von Uradel, a ghastly pale and mysterious gentleman who will never rest until he unlocks the secrets of the elixir of life.

dsc00903.jpg

Alex: most impressive. I love the outdoor druid "wizard's workshop". Very creative.

007: Great fig with use of the torso and face. It makes a neat combination.

Great contest idea. I'll highlight it on The Brothers Brick today. I'm off to build... *knight*

Thanks Andrew. Just read your blog. Thanks for taking the time to highlight on BB.

The positive feedback is most welcome! But your challenge has yield many fabulous submissions. *y*

Have you noticed that almost every entry has a bird in it? (especially mine) Interesting, very interesting. I guess the sterotipically wizard has a bird! :-)

Have you noticed that almost every entry has a bird in it? (especially mine) Interesting, very interesting. I guess the sterotipically wizard has a bird! :-)

Yep, I did notice that, and that's exactly why I put a bird in mine. :-D

And mine was the first entry whcih means... I started a fad! Yay!

Yeah, but I enforced the fad, considering mine only has birds! ;-) (I knew those 16 medium blue birds would come in handy! :-) )

Alex: most impressive. I love the outdoor druid "wizard's workshop". Very creative.

Thanks! I have to say that I was very satisfied with this little moc. Just with few pieces, you can do a scene that looks great. They are the accessories which make the workshop looks like that, because it's only made with wood walls. It was a real pleasur for me to do it. For the story, I was at work when the idea came to me. I take a piece of paper and drew the sketch. I could see all the details, and that, just with my few sets that I've got in hand (some vikings, aquaraiders, spongebob,... but no castle sets).

I'll highlight it on The Brothers Brick today.

Thanks to show my entry! :-$

My entry for the Wizard's Challenge:

Professor Snidley C. Rooked, Wizard of Curiosities, and his Wizard's Workshop, a Snake Oil Wagon:

snakeoil3.jpg

The back side of the wagon comes off to reveal the inside. If you'd like to see additional images, here's the link:

Snake Oil Wizard