Itaria No Shintaku

The LEGO Movie Sets News and Discussion

From what we've seen from the trailer, it seems she appears to be an enemy before the main character gets to know her. It's possible that she only shares her first name later.

Not to mention that Wyldstyle is a far more distinctive name than Lucy. Isn't the set called Wyldstyle Chase? "Lucy Chase" would be a bizarre name by comparison.

The box says 'Super Cycle Chase'.

70808_Box.png

-Sci

Her name is likely Lucy Wyldstyle. People have last names, so that may be hers. Don't know where Uni-Kitty came from, though. And why would they refer to a main character by their last name if that's hers?

I'm not so sure... At about 1:14 in

one of the game developers (Luke) says that her name is Wyldstyle. :sceptic:

This is all becoming very confusing isn't it? :sceptic:

Im really excited for western sets. hope they will be authentic not some sf edition

Well, Wyldstyle doesn't sound like a name, so it's likely an alternate name if not a last name.

She seems like a bit of a vigilante so I would guess Wyldstyle is just her persona while Lucy is her secret identity.

looking at her outfit with it's grafitti like motifs I would imagine that Wildstyle is her 'tag' or codename. bit like 007 is the codename of James Bond. Lucy will be her real name which is only used when she gets closer to Emmet.

With all this confusion over Lucy/Wyldstyle's name, I decided to ask the director himself and get the facts 'straight from the horse's mouth'.

From Chris Miller's Twitter account:

lucy_wyldstyle.png

Personally I'm opting to believe the 'Wyldstyle is a codename and her real name is Lucy' theory. Of course if that was the case it sounds like the kind of plot point the filmmakers would've tried to keep secret until it's revealed in the film; my guess is that the marketing people accidentally made this info public when it wasn't supposed to be. So what we might have here is a case of good 'ole prerelease spoilers. :blush:

Edited by Canticleer blues

Hmm. :sad:

-Sci

Who knows. Let's just wait for a new trailer. :tongue:

-Lego Spy

Edited by Lego Spy

The set itself is very nice, but that box art is horrible :sick: . I can understand why they went with movie reels and the like on the box, but it just looks terrible, especially when compared to virtually all other LEGO box art.

^ a lot of people have said that, I must be the only one that thinks its ok. I will get that set unless there is a better one with the main guys in, I wont need lots of the same figs.

I'm super excited for the figs from these sets, particularly Emmet, Lucy 'Wyldstyle', and Vitruvius. I'm also really excited to see if they'll put the licensed characters from other themes, mainly Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and so on.

I'm super excited for the figs from these sets, particularly Emmet, Lucy 'Wyldstyle', and Vitruvius. I'm also really excited to see if they'll put the licensed characters from other themes, mainly Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman and so on.

I think they should not put any licensed characters from other licensed themes in any LEGO Movie sets especially TMNT Michelangelo, Superman and Batman. Because they already exists in some specific licensed themes like Super Heroes. Btw, the only characters will featured in this sets are the original characters from the film.

^ well I have Michelangelo, superman, wonder woman so they don't need to be in a set but I don't have that batman so he should go in for sure :).

But if they did a set like the bat flying thing then they would need the bat.

Since the Emmet minifigure does not have white sparkles in his eyes (it always bothers me when people call them pupils; they don't resemble anything of the sort), I wouldn't really expect too many other figs to be heavily redesigned. Which is a mixed blessing IMO since many of those classic faces would be excellent if they weren't so incompatible with modern minifigures.

It sounds like I'm not the only one who gets annoyed about the incompatibility issues!!

Well, the movie will gleefully mix together minifigure characters from all eras of LEGO (well, all eras since the introduction of the minifigure, anyway), with apparently nary a thimbleful of concern for whether they have solid-dot eyes or "sparkling" eyes, varying levels of torso detail, or even fleshtoned vs. yellow skin - exactly the way many kids (and a few AFOLs, for that matter) do, and the only compatibility anyone cares about is that the pieces physically connect to one another. I wouldn't even be entirely surprised if there were a few of those mid-'70s "proto-minifigures" (the ones with essentially the same heads and hats/hair as today, but with the single-piece torsos with molded-in arms, and the single-piece legs) somewhere in the movie (wouldn't it be a cool, nostalgic treat if one of those were among the TLM CMFs?).

Edited by Blondie-Wan

a few of those mid-'70s "proto-minifigures" (the ones with essentially the same heads and hats/hair as today, but with the single-piece torsos with molded-in arms, and the single-piece legs) somewhere in the movie (wouldn't it be a cool, nostalgic treat if one of those were among the TLM CMFs?).

I hadn't thought of that! I'd love to see the CMF series include the old figures, and it would be extremely popular I suspect.

I'm imagining we'll get two or three waves. One large one (ten sets or so) at the start of the year then another smaller wave (five sets) in the summer then a tiny wave (two sets) when the DVD is released.

To be honest, I'm expecting one wave. I mean, why not? I also think, for non-licenses, we're only going to see Ninjago, Chima, this, and a little bit of City and Creator next January. Heck, Chima might not even be around.

It really boils down to how successful it is, of course, but 17 "regular" retail sets plus its own whole minifigures line (!) plus a DK book plus a videogame (perhaps with its own preorder bonus polybagged minifigure, as so many of the other games have gotten) plus the other ancillary stuff we know about so far certainly puts this above so many of the one-wave-and-done "action themes" (a la Dino, Pharaohs Quest, Alien Conquest, etc.) in terms of how LEGO is treating it, and how big they apparently expect it to be; it's more like the launch of a major new theme (like Legend of Chima, Friends, etc.). It could even be one - after all, if the movie itself is succesful enough, it'll surely get a sequel...

:oh:

Does anyone think they should have call this film 'I am Lego'.

^ I just googled it and found

.iamlego.jpg

Edited by SMC

Does anyone know when we'll see more sets? I'm hoping for a set with Johnny Thunder and the 70's Spaceman :sweet:

Does anyone know when we'll see more sets? I'm hoping for a set with Johnny Thunder and the 70's Spaceman :sweet:

We'll see a set list by the end of August. I'm guessing 70's/80's Spaceman and Johnny will be in the The LEGO Movie CMF Series, though.

Are we 100% sure there will be a CMF Series for these? I seem to recall a LOTR one being "confirmed" as well, and we never got those. :look:

Anyways, the Wyldstyle/Lucy fig looks great and I need to find a way to get her. I'm hoping she's in a few smaller sets, though, to make it easier, as the set we've seen now doesn't interest me,

Yes, I am aware of that announcement, but excuse me for being skeptical. We never got the rumored LOTR CMF's, so I can't help but feel a little bit skeptical about The LEGO Movie CMF's. :blush: