I see those! This is a good thing...

I thought you figured!

So I slightly exaggerated my its "finally alive!"... now we have to wait "forever" :cry_happy:

That service truck is class. I really like it. Though monster truck is sort of disappointment :(.

Dunno how I feel about crane as I am not a huge fan of heavy machinery like this.

Btw is it for me on the phone pics are horribly low resolution? Or they are such resolution?

Btw is it for me on the phone pics are horribly low resolution? Or they are such resolution?

They are low-res for everyone. Improved ones should be here soon.

Wheels on the crane are probably 62.4 x 20 S.

Great to see the tyres on 42009 are the same as those on 8421, and great to see the triple boom and at-first-sight realistic outriggers. This is gonna be a crazy set. Only disappointment is the tiny LAs used to lift the boom. I wonder how that will turn out...

With 42009 such a nice crane, 42008 being green, and 42005 a nice monster truck, 2013 might just become a very expensive year for Technic...

They are really low resolution. The first pictures always are (for some reason people lose the ability to take good pictures when it's really important :wink: )

At least the truck has pneumatics :) I love the look of the green truck.

Has the crane Deffinatly using la,s???

Also on se technic they say there not sure if it uses la,s or pneumatics!

Edited by davidmull

Looks like an LA on the crane :sadnew:

Very dissapointing Allan I hate the things :( maybe that's just to put us off! On the bottom right corner where it shows parts do u see a yellow part? Taught it might be a cylinder! This would have been a great set to introduce longer pneumatic cylinders :)

If I understand right, 8421 had pneumatics and they were unable to hold the boom in upright position? Controlled lowering of boom was also very difficult? And now you want them to make same mistake AGAIN? I like pneumatics, but they just don't work everywhere. Of course IF they made bigger and stronger pneumatics...

On the bottom right corner where it shows parts do u see a yellow part? Taught it might be a cylinder!

I'm pretty sure that's just the rear stabiliser, which overlaps from the main image into the "power functions" side panel. I see just a battery pack and a motor, I think it's an L, but could just be an M.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not pneumatic. There's a white and yellow "pneumatic" logo which is used, for example, on the unimog box, centre bottom:

8110_2.jpg

It's clearly visible in the bottom left of the green truck's box, but is nowhere to be seen on the crane. I guess you can alway mod it if you hate linear actuators so much, or just not buy it :)

If I understand right, 8421 had pneumatics and they were unable to hold the boom in upright position? Controlled lowering of boom was also very difficult? And now you want them to make same mistake AGAIN? I like pneumatics, but they just don't work everywhere. Of course IF they made bigger and stronger pneumatics...

Yes put if the put a cylinder at the rear of the crane arm it would cure this problem.

Similer idea to this : http://www.farmingmachines.co.uk/uploads/M01772_1.jpg

I'm pretty sure that's just the rear stabiliser, which overlaps from the main image into the "power functions" side panel. I see just a battery pack and a motor, I think it's an L, but could just be an M.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it's not pneumatic. There's a white and yellow "pneumatic" logo which is used, for example, on the unimog box, centre bottom:

8110_2.jpg

It's clearly visible in the bottom left of the green truck's box, but is nowhere to be seen on the crane. I guess you can alway mod it if you hate linear actuators so much, or just not buy it :)

I'm just dissapointed as my main interest every year is the flagship model.

La,s just don't cut it, the crane looks amazing but with la,s it's just a bit let down. Even the noise they make makes me cringe :( this would have been an ideal time to introduce longer pneumatics and then it would be the ultimate. Even if la,s were yellow it wouldn't look as bad.

HAd the first blurry imAges of the 8110 have that pneumatic symbol on the box?

I see this topic is heading towards the 2H offerings, but I checked S@H and they have a couple more items available for 1H, but its odd because they don't actually show the items, just a bunch of mini-figs and such. 1 is the motorbike (42007) and the other is the excavator w/ the claw (42006), but when you click on the 42007 it shows the bike and ext description, but on the 42006 it says 'Page Not Found', but to the right it does say available now. Odd...another odditity is that the 42007 shows on the Technic theme page, but not the 42006. I just typed in the search box 42006 and it came up, but with the same pic of the mini-figs and a short description and available now, but you try to add to bag same 'Page Not Found' comes up...very strange...guess they will straighten it out in time coming up...at 42006's price point, it does seem it isn't much, on par with the 8294 size/scale I would assume.

Edited by TechnicFreak

I also concur...box for the crane doesn't show pneumatic, sadly LA instead.

As mentioned yesterday the 8421's previous problems and easy fixes were also very realistic similar to hydraulic booms on a crane. Linear actuators instead are a multiple disappointment to me...we'd get the pneumatic cylinder brackets revived (!), and the crane v2.0 would slowly raise the boom using a pneumatic compressor.

So I'll do a mod on mine :wink: , but can't wait for Designer-Han for pneumatic mod's and an XXL!!

Edited by Dannnohhh

I´m happy there isnt pneumatic in crane, because for pneumatic bad precise and leaking air that they are not suitable for crane arm, but also I´m happy there is pneumatic in smaller tow truck.I love pneumatic but there are some limits.

And why we should start 2H topics?This topics is pinned and very great for any technic 2013 discussion.If your not satisfied dear davidmull you can start your own :tongue: , but I will still use this topic..

Edited by Ondra

I´m happy there isnt pneumatic in crane, because for pneumatic bad precise and leaking air that they are not suitable for crane arm, but also I´m happy there is pneumatic in smaller tow truck.I love pneumatic but there are some limits.

Well said Ondra :classic:. Its fun either way, and I'm definitely trying every option!

And why we should start 2H topics?This topics is pinned and very great for any technic 2013 discussion.If your not satisfied dear davidmull you can start your own :tongue: , but I will still use this topic..

Please don't call me dear thank u, we have a 2h topic every year,so when there is one u can post in this and miss all the news ha ha.

@dannnohhh thanks at least someone is talking sense, stupid la,s and yes huge disappointment :(

Why are people immediately disappointed by seeing crappy pics, missing a lot of information and judging a set on first the glimp.

To me, both 42008 and 42009 look really cool.

42008 with green color: we are asking for different colors all the time. So, we have a white race car, and now a green service truck. Fantastic!

The truck itself looks really like service trucks we have driving around in the Netherlands, capable of towing city buses and entire truck-combinations. (but they are yellow here)

42009: i think this crane will explain itself once there are more clear pictures. This will be a good replacement for 8421, if you are new on the theme...

Can someone please explain to me why using this or that part, instead of part C, is a disappointment?

Can someone please explain to me why using this or that part, instead of part C, is a disappointment?

I have no idea. A product fails to meet your particular criteria? That doesn't make it a bad product, particularly when its criteria weren't geared towards AFOLs in the first place. There's always the options of voting with your wallet, or building something to your liking. Anything else seems totally fruitless.