Sign in to follow this  
Pandora

The Curse of IMHOTEP - Day Three

Because there wasn't really a case against anyone. Mehmet seemed more or less trustworthy compared to all the other people. He sounded like he knew something about Tomato, and I didn't really have a strong suspicion of anyone at the time. Call me a sheep if you want.

Poor wording. I meant, "There's nothing more to elaborate." My suspicions of those two had already been voiced. (or, actually, in the case of Ms. Balls, it was a gut feeling, so there was nothing to be voiced, really)

Ok, then. SHEEP!

Let me stop you there. I voted before Patrick made his claim, and wasn't around to unvote after.

My apologies, I'm not sure how that got into my notes. Looking back, it was Fitzwilliam's reveal of the cultist's virgin win condition I must've been thinking of, although all those who voted for him did so after he'd mentioned this.

Now, first, you say that you're leaning towards Ms. Stools. Fair enough. Then, you're hypothesizing a bit about the psychiatrist role. No harm in that I guess (although it can be interpreted as planting ideas that it might be useful to keep the psychiatrist around, in case said person could turn the serial killer into a vigilante, but that's hypothesizing on my part). Then comes the interesting part. You feel that voting for those who have made action claims should be a priority? Wtf? This doesn't specifically refer to the weird psychiatrist role, but to people with actions in general. Do you really think that it's a priority to vote out people who claim to have potentially useful actions? I thought it was a priority to vote out people who are acting suspicious...

It goes without saying that we should be voting for the most suspicious people. What I meant was that voting for suspicious people claiming night actions should take priority over voting for suspicious people claiming virgin. We did not know at this point that Melaena and the snake psychiatrist were one and the same, so I was suggesting we vote for the person who's made a scummy night action claim over the person who has appeared scummy but has not made a night action claim.

You see, there is a risk that someone who hasn't made a night RC may in fact be a virgin, and our lynching them will bring the scum a step closer to achieving victory. The worst case scenario of voting for the psychiatrist on the other hand is that we lose a night action (and one that could potentially produce an extra virgin for the scum to kill at that), but the scum technically do not come any closer to winning.

Also, one more thing. In this post you say you're leaning towards Ms. Stools. But you're not voting for her. And later in the day, when there are already plenty of votes against her, you decide that you won't bother voting at all... Even if you seem to agree she should be voting out, you just say you're going to trust that we don't make any last minute vote changes. Why couldn't you just throw your vote in like everybody else?

As I've said, I didn't vote for Ms. Stools at that point because I felt the psychiatrist may be a better target for lynching. The next time I checked in, the votes had already piled up on Melaena, there was no use in adding an extra one. There were already 17 votes on her, denying an extra vote would not somehow save Melaena from her fate. If anything, the rest of her scum buddies would have jumped on the bandwagon when it was clear she was done for, so that they could score points later on by claiming they had voted for scum.

It goes without saying that we should be voting for the most suspicious people. What I meant was that voting for suspicious people claiming night actions should take priority over voting for suspicious people claiming virgin. We did not know at this point that Melaena and the snake psychiatrist were one and the same, so I was suggesting we vote for the person who's made a scummy night action claim over the person who has appeared scummy but has not made a night action claim.

I understood this and it is the same basis for my frustration with these weak Virgin claims from "confused" players.

I think the points made by our Scottish chef are interesting. As he mentions, each of the arguments aren't enough to convict anyone, but together they form a body of evidence that is starting to look bad for Mustafa. In our current predicament where we don't appear to have more solid leads, I will cast my vote in the hope that if Mustafa is innocent he will come up with more solid arguments to keep him alive.

vote: Mustafa Nidia (Brickdoctor)

Mustafa, that's a very fine play once more. :wub: Betty Boop's claim is shaky which is very annoying for us if she really is a Virgin. There is always the option of Nocturnal investigation of every Virgin claim which would be ideal, but for every night we spend confirming a Virgin one more could die at the hands of the enemy. I think our time here could be shorter than in other similar predicaments.

Did I say Mustafa? No, I meant Mehmet's play of course. :blush:

I'm ready to vote: Mustafia Nidia (Brickdoctor) aka Beaufort Boner-face. Melifluous's case coupled with things I've learned in private make a pretty neat little package for Beaufort's Cultist status.

Vote: Mustafa Nidia (Brickdoctor)

For being generally unhelpful and passive as well as everything else mentioned. I've decided to leave William alone for now, his voting patterns suggest that of a Cultist but he could just as easily be innocent. For now.

I've decided to leave William alone for now, his voting patterns suggest that of a Cultist but he could just as easily be innocent. For now.

And I'll leave you alone. For now.

I'll Vote: Mustafia Nidia (Brickdoctor). Sounds especially ominous that there may be more to you than tattletale-ing according to Mehmet.

The case against you sounds quite logical.

On day 1 AND day 2, Brickdoctor jumped on the bandwagon, without any original (what wasnt said before) reasoning of his own, looks like he was hiding behind others, scummy move, bro.

That's the sign of either scum or a sheep - both of which are of no use to our camp.

This post was made after he was accused by the cook(not me, the other one). Pointing out the edit was a bit suspicious, all of you must admit. The hosts are just human, not ancient egyptian gods, right? :look: They could have missed it. An innocent with votes makes it easier for the scum to work with, face it. I am not goint to condemn you on this point either, but it counts.

That's another good point, Mellifluous. What kind of innocent would point out something like that? :wacko: That almost got Big Butthole lynched, and it would have if there hadn't been as many people voting for Father Tomato at that point.

Even if someone wanted to be a little goodie-two-shoes and help the hosts enforce the rules, then why would they do so when it could possibly condemn someone who Mehmet seemed to be okay with?

Even if he isn't scum, then he's still of no use to us. He's a lurker, a summarizer, and a sheep. Good riddance, I say.

My big problem with Betty Boop is her immediate defensive reactions. She's also sloppy enough to just tell me she has no Night Action without me even asking that, immediately revealing her virginity, if she is Town. That's very dangerous in this game. Also, since Malaena Stools used her as part of his Freud ruse, I'm assuming that alone means she's Scum. If Malaena wanted me to believe his megablocks story, he needed to use someone who he knew wouldn't turn out to be a serial killer later. How else could he be sure Betty Boop wasn't the serial killer unless she is also a Cultist? Maybe she already claimed her role to him in private, but that would surprise me as Malaen didn't do much to endear herself to others.

I'm not quite sure what to say about Betty Boop at this point. We don't want to lose any more virgins, but at the same time, her over-defensiveness is pretty fishy. It definitely makes sense for Melaena to pick one of her scummy buddies to help play her con, though, so I think that's my main reason for suspect Betty.

I don't know. I'd really hate to bring the cultists any closer to victory by sacrificing any more virgins, but at the same time, I'm not seeing Betty's claim as very concrete. :sceptic: I suppose she can wait until the people with the actions have cleared her.

Mehmet seemed more or less trustworthy compared to all the other people. He sounded like he knew something about Tomato, and I didn't really have a strong suspicion of anyone at the time.

Mehmet sounded like he knew something? To me, it sounded very much like he was voting for Mr. Tomato for the same reason he was voting for me just an hour earlier. For being quiet.

Onwards, let me draw your attention to a point in yesterday's discussions. Mehmet had just treated us to the second part of his play about Mr. Freud when you said this:

That is one confusing claimed night action. What the MegaBloks does being a snake charmer have to do with converting Independents into Townies? I realize that normally there's no connection between elements of the story and mechanics of the game, but converting SKs by being a snake charmer doesn't seem likely to me. Both the action report and the action claim seem suspicious to me.

I Unvote: Jennifer Taylor (Sandy) and Vote: Melaena Stools (CallMePieOrDie).

You apparently don't believe Mr. Freud's story, then you vote for Ms Stools. But, Mehmet had not yet revealed that Ms Stools and Mr Freud were one and the same. How did you know?

Knowing what we know now, it looks like Melaena had told you, her fellow Cultist, that she was Mr Freud and you threw her under the proverbial bus when it was evident that she had slipped up.

Vote: Mustafa Nidia (Brickdoctor).

I've already voiced my suspicions about Mustafa earlier today. Now in light of Murgatroyd's and Ishaq's further evidence, I'm going to Vote: Mustafa Nidia (Brickdoctor).

Vote Tally

Mustafa Nidia (Brickdoctor): 9 votes (Scubacarrot, Fugazi, Hinckley, JimButcher, CorneliusMurdock, Bob, Tamamono, Wuntin, TinyPies)

Roger

I did say before we arrived here, that I have to take exams medication for my war wound, which can make me unable to post all of the time awfully drowsy. Luckily, my last exam dose of medication is next tuesday, wherein I should be jumping back with a 'tallihoo' again!

Roger still hasn't given us results. I can understand if he wants to keep people's identities a secret, but wouldn't you think that he would try to investigate someone who's claimed to verify? Such as Jennifer?

Indeed not; I felt that her public claim would lead to finding her dead this morning, and thus have a wasted night action, dontcha know?

Bhaa-haa-haa! It appears that for the second time today I must pay the price for being late to the party, and once again repeat the sentiments of everyone else, brought forward by Ms. Murrygold and Mr. Attack, and also the apparent behind-the-scene chat Mr. Ackbar mentioned. Vote: Mustafa Nidia (Brickdoctor)

Ishaq Ettaq brings up the most compelling point.

But, Mehmet had not yet revealed that Ms Stools and Mr Freud were one and the same.

To be more accurate, Mehmet went out of his way to imply that the Freud play was about a different person.

You apparently don't believe Mr. Freud's story, then you vote for Ms Stools. But, Mehmet had not yet revealed that Ms Stools and Mr Freud were one and the same. How did you know?

Knowing what we know now, it looks like Melaena had told you, her fellow Cultist, that she was Mr Freud and you threw her under the proverbial bus when it was evident that she had slipped up.

Vote: Mustafa Nidia (Brickdoctor).

Oh wow! :sweet: I hadn't even realized that. Would it surprise anyone to learn that Betty Boop is Mustafa "Bonerhead" Nidia?

So, this Popeye dude contacts me and tells me he's the investigator. According to him, he investigated me again and I am Innocent. :innocent:

That's right! Good catch, Shaq Attack! :thumbup: That seals the deal for me; Mustafa Nidia is definitely a cultist.

Oh wow! :sweet: I hadn't even realized that. Would it surprise anyone to learn that Betty Boop is Mustafa "Bonerhead" Nidia?

Mustafa is Betty Boop? Well, that simplifies things.

Since she knew who Freud was before I revealed it and she was Freud's little alibi that really puts the nail in her coffin. Nice job, Shack Attack! :thumbup:

:hmpf_bad: Well I guess this is a Virgin claim we won't be mulling over for too long.

So, this Popeye dude contacts me and tells me he's the investigator. According to him, he investigated me again and I am Innocent. :innocent:

Good for you. Now can we have this investigator working on important stuff now? :grin:

Good for you. Now can we have this investigator working on important stuff now? :grin:

I know! Stupid mirrored cloak. :hmpf:

I think the points made by our Scottish chef are interesting. As he mentions, each of the arguments aren't enough to convict anyone, but together they form a body of evidence that is starting to look bad for Mustafa. In our current predicament where we don't appear to have more solid leads, I will cast my vote in the hope that if Mustafa is innocent he will come up with more solid arguments to keep him alive.

I agreed too, but I am quite surprised that Mustafa is not retaliating much as what I will expect him to do...

MustafaMehmet's play, that's a very fine play once more. :wub: Betty Boop's claim is shaky which is very annoying for us if she really is a Virgin. There is always the option of Nocturnal investigation of every Virgin claim which would be ideal, but for every night we spend confirming a Virgin one more could die at the hands of the enemy. I think our time here could be shorter than in other similar predicaments.

Fine play indeed.

I know! Stupid mirrored cloak. :hmpf:

Dangerous stuff that will just make things worse...

Here is my vote too to add into the stacks,

vote: Mustafa Nidia (Brickdoctor)

It's never a good sign when everyone seems to band on one person, but on the other hand the case against Mustafa seems to be so strong that the cultists would be fools to try to steer the attention away from him now.

We'll just have to see where this goes...

It's never a good sign when everyone seems to band on one person,

I also dislike it when people follow logic and agree. :thumbdown: Bad Campies, what were you thinking?

:tongue:

Good find Mr. Ettaq, a man after my own heart. While I wasn't completely convinced by Ms. Murgatroyd's reasoning, I think this new piece of evidence puts the nail in the coffin so to speak. Additionally I'm sorry to have not contributed more, it seems most of the action took place while I was at classes preparing some tea, if there's still time, I'm going to go try and do some more meditation and bring up some more discussion points before the day ends. In the mean time, I will vote: Mustafa Nidia (Brickdoctor).

I thought it was rather obvious. I'm sorry for using my head and thinking about who might be who in the plays. :sceptic:

I understood this and it is the same basis for my frustration with these weak Virgin claims from "confused" players.

And yet, you seem to have no qualms about lynching me anyways.