Sandy

Heroica RPG - Heroica Hall

Keliim looks at the strange black mist warrior and says, "Sure aye, ye look like a being th't can hold yer own in battle. Feel free tae join us, I be Keliim. Fenri the direwolf started to feel like it was getting too packed to sleep under the table, with all the new people around it. So it moved out from under and behind Keliims chair.

Keliim replis on Ezerans comment "I agree times art nay easy.

Edited by Mencot

If you would have me, I would try my hand at the fields as well. I have heard tale of them, perhaps it is a good time to see them for myself.

Vindsval Signs up for The Fields of Glory.

Overhearing Keliim and Arthur chat about autmata, she decides to join in. "Sorry if I'm being rude, but you were talking about automata? I controlled one. Sort of. Back out in Dastan."

"...I'm not sure if it would make me more or less worried if it was one of the chimaera guards..."

Keliim nods at both Arthur and Zanna and asks them to sit down.

"I go by th' name o' Keliim, Keliim th' Warrior."

Keliim twitches his eye when Arthur mentions the order imperial. "Th' order, not th't I knowst much 'bout them but I fought a few o'f them onceThe big man tell them the story about when they search for a present for Doc Daneeka and how they had run into the order in the sewers. Kill'd their commander." He shows the Order imperial long sword to the heros at the table. "Took th's from him wh'n he fell, nay a great sword but have had it with me ever since."

Seeing her fellow tribespeople walking to the Quest board and signing their names, Zanna follows suit.

Zannaqim signs up for the Fields of Glory.

If you would have me, I would try my hand at the fields as well. I have heard tale of them, perhaps it is a good time to see them for myself.

"...ah, heck, if you're signing up, I suppose I don't see the harm in trying. Besides, as a Skirmisher, I'd be able to Defend and Assist some of these less experienced fellows."

Arthur signs up for the Fields of Glory.

"...besides, even if I'm not picked, I'd be happy to lend a weapon or two to anyone who'd need them."

"Nay at all. Aye we wh're sharing different experiences withst automatons 'nd how different they act, seemingly who they belong tae. Didst ye own one or just controll it?"

"It just followed my lead in battle." She takes a sip from her mug. "I think I some how confused it into thinking I was an advanced model and it followed what I said. Pretty interesting creations, if you ask me. Are they useful? Not my call."

Jinnipher announces to the general crowd, "I could use some action. I hear you can find some good items in the Fields of Glory. Plus, you could probably use someone who's actually good at fighting. Consider me interested."

Jinnipher signs up for the Fields of Glory before turning back to Terry and taking her flask back.

"I've done stuff! Like, *hic*, visit home and such... And for once, Pa didn't seem too down on me. Well, he's not always down, but he seemed, *hic*, satisfied."

"Satisfied that you're here instead of working on the farm?"

"Yeah, nice to do some stuff that's, uh, more shtimulating, y'know? Then washing pigs. Don't s'pose you've ever had any boring jobs, before becoming a hero?

Though I guess it isn't all sunshines and rainbows. Some people in Eubric aren't the best, like that weird fella that made a pass on you. Good job on telling him off, powerful stuff."

No, Not mind control. I did not feel as if anything was being forced into my mind, more I was being drawn into the mind of another. Specifically, the memories of Ikarus, The Father of Dragons, Imortallis. It was he that caused the storms.

The vampire took another swill of wine from his goblet. "Father of Dragons, huh? Seems a bit pretentious don't it?" Boris watched as a mad scramble of people dashed to the quest board to sign up for the fields. "Bit of a lull it looks like, if folks are so eager to go traipsing about in some potato patches."

Boris raised his voice to his Barbarian friend across the hall, "Keliim, what's all this business about the fields? I didn't know you were into pest control."

Once the ale had been brought, Eric shoved a pint towards Petaldan and raised his glass. "Bottom's up, young one", the Nord said and drank his beer. Wiping his mouth and beard with the back of his hand, he chuckled at the young Knight's remark. "Bad guys can have shiny weapons as well, at least if they are smart enough to upkeep their equipment. The world isn't as black and white as you might think, unge"

"Anyway, am I a hero? Yes, I have dabbled in the activities of a hero. I've slain many great beasts, such as a Basilisk and the Queen of Sirens. On many occasions, I also got the girl at the end. So ja I am a hero. My name is Eric, from the North. I am a Vindicator of Njordon, King of the Seas. What is your name?"

I look at the mead in front of me.

"Oh, I had better not drink that. My parents would not be pleased. Besides, I need to keep a clear head and...I have not found the taste too pleasant. My name is Petaldan, Parfenius. Pleased to meet you Sir Eric. Please tell me, what is a Basilisk? I don't think I've ever heard of such a creature before."

Ezeran brushes off some more ashes from his clothes and moves to Petaldans table. "Good evening to you young master. Are you well?" Ezeran turns to Eric. "Have we met before?"

"Oh yes, well enough. Do meet Sir Eric, from the North."

As he finally gets back into the "hall" a chair was in the way. Anger getting the best of him kicks the chair half way across the hall saying. Rude "Radio Flyer" can't even push a chairs in. Then noticed "people" looking at him then. Awkwardly Kicked another chair to the table it was by.

As he starts to look for out of the way spot. He saw someone selling some stuff...

~Merchandise fur sale~

Order Imperial Longsword (WP: 5) 25 gold

You selling this "sword"? As he was all ready holding the "sword". And ready to toss him the 25 gold.

As he walks away they heard him say.Mine now.

Then noticed every one singing up for the "Fields of Glory" for some reason. They did not even put out a new notice yet. I might as well, try again. Sings up of the "Fields of Glory", again.

Edited by samuraiturtle

"Apologies, my jokes are not to make light in the memory of your suffering. My name is Siercon. As for your mechanical men, they are not only created by humans. They have been created by many, even those beyond our stars. In fact from what you describe, it is possibly more likely they are related to the species Invader Kaz led against us." (Quest #122)

"Giz was that crazy Taco bot's name right Lind?"

"Yes, that was it."

Watching the crowd of people swelling around the barbarian, Lind contemplated joining them, but eventually decided instead to return to his comfortable corner.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Annienal backs off at Vindsval's advice and makes her way back to the table, not really sure where to go, so she awkwardly follows Lind.

---

Karie returned to the hall, having allowed herself time to rest after a long and tiring ordeal. Leaping up the steps, she looked around, tying to find someone to speak to. She moves to her table in the corner, only to find Lind and who she presumed was the women he kept going on about at her table. She raised an eyebrow at Lind. "That's my seat." She exclaimed, pointing to her name carved into the table.

"If it be up tae me, ofcourse. Take a seat master Vindsval.

"It just followed my lead in battle." She takes a sip from her mug. "I think I some how confused it into thinking I was an advanced model and it followed what I said. Pretty interesting creations, if you ask me. Are they useful? Not my call."

"So it though ye tae be its master or somethin'. Mi neither say anythin' if they are useful or not but in group 'nd in wrong hands they are might dangerous. So Kiray, ye from th't place Dastan 'nd have ye been long in Eubric?"

Boris raised his voice to his Barbarian friend across the hall, "Keliim, what's all this business about the fields? I didn't know you were into pest control."

"I don't know.." Keliim was dazzled about that half the hall were signing up for the fields, the lack of other quests probably was a big reason. "naay, not really but mi sword hand is itching from th' lack o' quests. 'nd I have never try'd it out." He took a sip from his mug and motioned the vampire come join them. "this shoutin' isn't polite, come join us h're, old firend, I canst remember us talking 'bout it a long time ago, why don't ye sign up also."

He saw someone selling some stuff...

You selling this "sword"? As he was all ready holding the "sword". And ready to toss him the 25 gold.

As he walks away they heard him say.Mine now.

Then noticed every one singing up for the "Fields of Glory" for some reason. They did not even put out a new notice yet. I might as well, try again. Sings up of the "Fields of Glory", again.

The big man saw a small strange figure kicking around stuff and asking about the longsword he was holding in his hands. "This one, aa aye. It be thine, odd wee fellow." He handed the imperial longsword to Germ over and took the gold. "Mighty good sword even if it wast too wee in mi hands 'nd I used it as a toothpick." the big man says with a laugh.

Edited by Mencot

"So it though ye tae be its master or somethin'. Mi neither say anythin' if they are useful or not but in group 'nd in wrong hands they are might dangerous."

"I don't know.." Keliim was dazzled about that half the hall were signing up for the fields, the lack of other quests probably was a big reason. "naay, not really but mi sword hand is itching from th' lack o' quests. 'nd I have never try'd it out." He took a sip from his mug and motioned the vampire come join them. "this shoutin' isn't polite, come join us h're, old firend, I canst remember us talking 'bout it a long time ago, why don't ye sign up also."

Boris strolled over to Keliim's table. "Nay, I've had enough dealings with Farmer Donauld for one lifetime. Back in my old life, he once had me come out for an entire hen house filled to the brim with possessed fowl, tried to pay me in eggs from the very same birds, they came out already hardboiled! Then there was the next time, demon cows, tried to reimburse me for my trouble with purple milk! And don't even get me started with the poltergeist pigs."

The big man saw a small strange figure kicking around stuff and asking about the longsword he was holding in his hands. "This one, aa aye. It be thine" He handed the imperial longsword to Germ over and took the gold. "Mighty good sword even if it wast a toothpick in mi hands."

Boris glanced at the longsword, "If that's a tooth pick, you must be considering daggers as splinters these days."

Keliim laughs when Boris remarks about the farm and the sword and says with smile, "Hahaha, true what be worse than a possessed being. Then he motions at the weapons on his back "Aye, t' bigg'r th' better, 'nd it looks a bit strange if a man o' my size would swing around with some small ' nd elegant weapon, won 't ye think?"

"Oh well maybe we willst be on a quest again when th're will be some other up on th' board."

Edited by Mencot

Na'im strolls back into the hall, and finds it the same old place, bustling with heroes toing and froing, arguing and bartering-much like a microcosm of Eubric itself-the city and its heroes were more alike than either group imagined.

He makes his way over to the quest board where he pins up a large notice:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Items for sale:

Wrath Lance (WP:16, causes enraged and burned by 10; lance)

Prices/trades/loans etcetera are negotiable. See the well dressed Fenarian by the salon for further details

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Na'im admires his handiwork and makes his way over to the bar, and orders a glass of Charisian red. On the way past he brushes past Germ and murmurs to his friend: "If you can’t find any other healers to make the journey to the fields I’ll be willing to help-someone has got to keep you on your feet after all, eh, master Germ? Especially with spell bees like those flying around!"

Na'im sips his drink and attempts to look bored, but glances every now and then at his notice for potential buyers

"So it though ye tae be its master or somethin'. Mi neither say anythin' if they are useful or not but in group 'nd in wrong hands they are might dangerous. So Kiray, ye from th't place Dastan 'nd have ye been long in Eubric?"

"Helpful, dangerous," she shrugs, "all the same to some folks." At the mention of places other than Eubric, she pauses, her eyes somewhat glazing over, thinking internally about home. "Actually no, I'm not from Dastan. I was merely there on a quest with the Dragonlord. I've been here in Eubric for a few years now. Yourself? That's a strong accent you have."

The big man saw a small strange figure kicking around stuff and asking about the longsword he was holding in his hands. "This one, aa aye. It be thine, odd wee fellow."

Did you just call me small? You what, only a couple of inches tall than me. Have you, drank one too many? It would make more sense if the "Giant" (Vindsval) call me small. Any ways thanks for the blade.

Especially with spell bees like those flying around!"

Did he not see my temper tantrum earlier?

Mock me if you want. One or two "Spell Bees" are not a problem (they are only about the size of a house cat. It is the swarms (or mobs) that attack and they all most always attack in mobs. Not to mention their "Magic Missile" seems to go right through any armor. I did not even mention "Spider Cats" or "Lazer Chickens".

Sensing a what coming. "Spider Cats" have the head of a cat and a body of a spider, and about the size of a horse. Plus, their venom not only poisons you it will shrink you in the process. Oh, they can also spit webbing at you. Now "Lazer Chickens" look just regular chickens but bigger, they are as tall as a average size tree. Now what they can do shoot "Energy Beams" out the top of, I think it is called a "comb", you know that flat thing on top of their head. If you every have to fight one of those things, is to remember they have poor eyesight.

I could go on, but I have a headache and want to do something about it.

Goes off to be some where quiet and be by himself.

Edited by samuraiturtle

"Helpful, dangerous," she shrugs, "all the same to some folks." At the mention of places other than Eubric, she pauses, her eyes somewhat glazing over, thinking internally about home. "Actually no, I'm not from Dastan. I was merely there on a quest with the Dragonlord. I've been here in Eubric for a few years now. Yourself? That's a strong accent you have."

When Kiray mentioned the word home, he started to think about his own home, south Roawia and the captialtown of Dùnaidh. How long it had been that he had seen it, the palace on top of the mountain surrounded by the town and the snowclouded mountainsides, pinetrees and the lakes with pure, fresh water. "Hmm, aye, home. Nay I been not from around h're, I am from a land call'd Roawia. Habt ye heard o', I guess not because it seems no one has, it is no place what can be found in any of th' maps or charts o' Olegaia. People tend tae disbelieve mi when I say th't I am not from around h're, somhow I am not from th's world. He pauses a bit, "Can't blame em, I habt a hard time believin' it miself."

Edited by Mencot

The gesture was not beyond her gaze. She scowled and strode up to the bar where the nord was joined by the small child she had met some time ago. "You, nord. I am not some doll or common whore to please your eyes. I'll show you a thing or two about what happens to people who piss me off. Just ask the dragons who tried to sink what's left of Mercution into the ocean," she bragged, resting her fingertips on the hilt of Beheader.

"Believe me, lady, I don't need pointers from dragons," Eric replied, purposely misinterpreting the Elf's words. "Besides, I could show you a thing or two myself, be it on the battlefield or beside it. See you around."

I look at the mead in front of me.

"Oh, I had better not drink that. My parents would not be pleased. Besides, I need to keep a clear head and...I have not found the taste too pleasant. My name is Petaldan, Parfenius. Pleased to meet you Sir Eric. Please tell me, what is a Basilisk? I don't think I've ever heard of such a creature before."

"There's nothing better than some good ale, though. Where are your parents, anyway? Are you native to Eubric or Uland?", Eric asked while drinking some more of his own mead. He then continued to explain in a boastful manner, "A Basilisk is like a gigantic snake. A landwyrm that gnaws through the heart of this land. It springs from the earth when you least expect, trying to eat you alive. Its fangs drip with deadly poison and its gaze can turn a man into stone. The battle I fought was hard, but I endured and I slew the beast."

When Kiray mentioned the word home, he started to think about his own home, south Roawia and the captialtown of Dùnaidh. How long it had been that he had seen it, the palace on top of the mountain surrounded by the town and the snowclouded mountainsides, pinetrees and the lakes with pure, fresh water. "Hmm, aye, home. Nay I been not from around h're, I am from a land call'd Roawia. Habt ye heard o', I guess not because it seems no one has, it is no place what can be found in any of th' maps or charts o' Olegaia. People tend tae disbelieve mi when I say th't I am not from around h're, somhow I am not from th's world. He pauses a bit, "Can't blame em, I habt a hard time believin' it miself."

Kiray nods at his statement. "People have claimed weirder, haven't they? We're all different people, trying to live our lives, and then something comes along and snatches us from the comfortable or the familiar. Then we're planted somewhere and just have to make do."

"Th't be true, th't we´re plant'd somewh're 'nd just have tae make do. But in th' bad th're be always somethin' good, I habt find again a life purpose h're compar'd tae th' evil doin' I didst wh'n I was a pawn in th' Dark ones army."

Keliim empties yet again a mug of mead, the last one on the table, it seemed he needed to get some more. As he gets up to get some drinks from the bar, he asks,

"If Boris won´t be comin' tae th' fields, is th're a other cleric th't could join us."

"Th't be true, th't we´re plant'd somewh're 'nd just have tae make do. But in th' bad th're be always somethin' good, I habt find again a life purpose h're compar'd tae th' evil doin' I didst wh'n I was a pawn in th' Dark ones army."

Keliim empties yet again a mug of mead, the last one on the table, it seemed he needed to get some more. As he gets up to get some drinks from the bar, he asks,

"If Boris won´t be comin' tae th' fields, is th're a other cleric th't could join us."

A healer you had best secure should you walk a Path through the fields. I have heard man a tale of heroes who scoffed at the idea of bringing a mere cleric on their journey and very nearly did not live to regret it.

Na'im strolls back into the hall, and finds it the same old place, bustling with heroes toing and froing, arguing and bartering-much like a microcosm of Eubric itself-the city and its heroes were more alike than either group imagined.

He makes his way over to the quest board where he pins up a large notice:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Items for sale:

Wrath Lance (WP:16, causes enraged and burned by 10; lance)

Prices/trades/loans etcetera are negotiable. See the well dressed Fenarian by the salon for further details

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Na'im admires his handiwork and makes his way over to the bar, and orders a glass of Charisian red. On the way past he brushes past Germ and murmurs to his friend: "If you can’t find any other healers to make the journey to the fields I’ll be willing to help-someone has got to keep you on your feet after all, eh, master Germ? Especially with spell bees like those flying around!"

Na'im sips his drink and attempts to look bored, but glances every now and then at his notice for potential buyers

Vindsval moves through the crowd and examine the new notice. He looks for the gent in the jaunty cap, locates him and clears his throat quietly.

If you wouldn't mind, might I see the Lance you mentioned in your posting?

Vindsval's face screws up slightly at the end of his question as he thinks silently to himself. May I live long enough to never again ask a man about his lance in a public house.

A healer you had best secure should you walk a Path through the fields. I have heard man a tale of heroes who scoffed at the idea of bringing a mere cleric on their journey and very nearly did not live to regret it.

"Aye, ofcourse. Apologize tae ye master Vindsval, forgot 'bout ye 'nd yer holy feature. As long ye art with us, we shall be good."

"There's nothing better than some good ale, though. Where are your parents, anyway? Are you native to Eubric or Uland?", Eric asked while drinking some more of his own mead. He then continued to explain in a boastful manner, "A Basilisk is like a gigantic snake. A landwyrm that gnaws through the heart of this land. It springs from the earth when you least expect, trying to eat you alive. Its fangs drip with deadly poison and its gaze can turn a man into stone. The battle I fought was hard, but I endured and I slew the beast."

I listen spell-bound to Eric's description of the Basilisk.

"I should like to fight one or to watch you fight one at least. The last battles I fought had consisted of little more than me holding up my shield to protect the party from damage. See the scratches here. This shield has served me for a few battles, but I worry that before too long I shall have to get another one. Not I am not from here. I am from far away."

I sound a little confused about where exactly I come from.

Jinnipher announces to the general crowd, "I could use some action. I hear you can find some good items in the Fields of Glory. Plus, you could probably use someone who's actually good at fighting. Consider me interested."

Jinnipher signs up for the Fields of Glory before turning back to Terry and taking her flask back.

"Satisfied that you're here instead of working on the farm?"

Ezeran raises his glass of mulled wine in acknowledgment of the elfs announcment to come along to the fields of glory.

Ezeran turned back to the others listening in on their conversation. "I've been to the fields once, we were not ready then but it was a good experience."