Sandy

Heroica RPG General Discussion

Welcome back Flare! Stick around and get back in. There's a lot that's happened. 

18 hours ago, Flare said:

Hi guys, anyone remember me?  :classic: Haven't been around for a couple years. Considering getting back into it. Private message me anyone here who could give me a summary of how much (I'm sure a ton) I've missed, than that wold be cool :laugh:

Welcome back old man.

22 hours ago, Flare said:

Hi guys, anyone remember me?  :classic: Haven't been around for a couple years. Considering getting back into it. Private message me anyone here who could give me a summary of how much (I'm sure a ton) I've missed, than that wold be cool :laugh:

Hi, Flare! Great to see you around again. :sweet: 

Any updates on a new quest coming soon?  There are a few of us from Quest #154 in the hall sitting idle.

On 5/21/2017 at 3:57 PM, Flare said:

Flare! Good to see you again.:sweet:

3 hours ago, Goliath said:

Any updates on a new quest coming soon?  There are a few of us from Quest #154 in the hall sitting idle.

Then start chatting.  If QMs see active characters talking up their exploits and interacting they might get inspired.

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 7:29 PM, Asphalt said:

Then start chatting.  If QMs see active characters talking up their exploits and interacting they might get inspired.

Possibly.  There is just not much to say honestly, at least nothing I can think of at the moment.

I'm working on a quest, but I have no idea when it will come out, as my life is very busy atm. (Maybe early to mid June? Idk.) Hope y'all like lilliputs and frog paladins, 'cause this quest is full of 'em. (Pirates quest is still coming, but I figured this quest would make more sense being first.) 

Also, Welcome back, Flare! I may not have known you, but I'm looking forward to know you now.

17 hours ago, Goliath said:

Possibly.  There is just not much to say honestly, at least nothing I can think of at the moment.

Every little bit helps

If anyone wants to host a quest and needs help running battles or whatever, let me know.  I sit on a computer all day.

I don't have the time to build and photograph sets, but I am willing to help out in other ways to keep this game going.

Should I point out that "first post" on some of the threads needs updated. Heroica Hall - really needs it; Fields of Glory - I think some of the players "Glory Points" need fixing; Marketplace - I think one of two items don't even have prices on them, plus I am not sure but one or two items should of been sold out. 

2 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

Should I point out that "first post" on some of the threads needs updated. Heroica Hall - really needs it; Fields of Glory - I think some of the players "Glory Points" need fixing; Marketplace - I think one of two items don't even have prices on them, plus I am not sure but one or two items should of been sold out. 

Agreed.  The thing is, Sandy made the posts for most of the threads you mentioned which poses a bit of a problem.  I am not sure of a practical solution other than the threads be recreated or someone else be given access to edit the threads.

2 hours ago, Goliath said:

Agreed.  The thing is, Sandy made the posts for most of the threads you mentioned which poses a bit of a problem.  I am not sure of a practical solution other than the threads be recreated or someone else be given access to edit the threads.

Well I know any "mod" can edit the posts. What I am wondering is can the "council members" can edit the posts. 

On 5/28/2017 at 8:25 PM, samurai-turtle said:

Well I know any "mod" can edit the posts. What I am wondering is can the "council members" can edit the posts. 

We're able to modify the posts, Zepher or I will get to it soon.

7 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

On that note, I'd look into reworking the Library section, you know, since Byblos is kind of in another dimension.

Speaking of stuff akin to getting a new librarian, I feel as if a good incentive would be to host another anthology, but this time do so at the same time we push to try and get some new blood in the game. We get some QMs, both new and old, and host some simple quests to get heroes back into the game, and get new players interested. An advertisement push along with an anthology around a central theme might be what this game needs to get it's blood pumping again. I'd be willing to coordinate this. Anyone initially interested?  :classic:

4 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Just so you know the Dastan Armor in the marketplace doesn't have a price on it. 

8 hours ago, Kintobor said:

On that note, I'd look into reworking the Library section, you know, since Byblos is kind of in another dimension.

Speaking of stuff akin to getting a new librarian, I feel as if a good incentive would be to host another anthology, but this time do so at the same time we push to try and get some new blood in the game. We get some QMs, both new and old, and host some simple quests to get heroes back into the game, and get new players interested. An advertisement push along with an anthology around a central theme might be what this game needs to get it's blood pumping again. I'd be willing to coordinate this. Anyone initially interested?  :classic:

If it is something that can be done with very simple sets I am in.

9 hours ago, Kintobor said:

32 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

That sounds like a fantastic idea, and a lot of fun too. I'm interested as well, depending on when.

9 hours ago, Kintobor said:

50 minutes ago, Asphalt said:

14 minutes ago, KotZ said:

That sounds like a fantastic idea, and a lot of fun too. I'm interested as well, depending on when.

Ditto

We definitely need an advertisement push. I'd say we have to plan this anthology series pretty well first, then launch it and have it posted on the frontpage. Should help to get some people.

17 hours ago, Kintobor said:

Isn't there already a giant talking hand that can take over the job?

3 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

Isn't there already a giant talking hand that can take over the job?

Byblos is still on the front page. That's impossible, seeing as how he's no longer on the same plane of existence. :laugh:

On 5/29/2017 at 11:55 PM, Kintobor said:

I have an idea, what if we used a single fairly inexpensive (<$40.00) set as a key element to help tie the anthology together.

On May 30, 2017 at 8:47 AM, Asphalt said:

On May 30, 2017 at 9:22 AM, KotZ said:

On May 30, 2017 at 9:41 AM, UsernameMDM said:

Ditto

Neat! Alright, I'll probably send out a group PM chain in a bit. If anyone else's interested, let me know ASAP. The more the merrier! :classic:

3 hours ago, Asphalt said:

I have an idea, what if we used a single fairly inexpensive (<$40.00) set as a key element to help tie the anthology together.

I'd prefer to stay away from monetary costs being a hindrance to potential QMs. The goal is to have all the quest have a central focus, either they're all in and around the same area, they feature a particular locale or NPC, or it has a central theme which ties it all together, something we can hammer out once we get down to the nitty gritty.