XimenaPaulina

LEGO Star Wars 2012 Pictures and Rumors

The legs can be kept and still have a similar look:

post-11254-131856455921.png

Remember it's designed primarily for kids to play with. While needing to remove tiles to pull the droid out may satisfy OCD AFOLs, it's just going to irritate everyone else. Anyway, nothing stopping you changing it yourself afterwards.

Remember it's designed primarily for kids to play with. While needing to remove tiles to pull the droid out may satisfy OCD AFOLs, it's just going to irritate everyone else.

Might as well look like this then:

12626557882_DISPLAY.jpg

Remember it's designed primarily for kids to play with. While needing to remove tiles to pull the droid out may satisfy OCD AFOLs, it's just going to irritate everyone else. Anyway, nothing stopping you changing it yourself afterwards.

That was a quick example I whipped up just as a general idea. The tiles could always be on hinges. Perhaps some Technic could be added to rotate the tiles back while simultaneously pushing the Astromech upwards.

Of course. Excellent logic.

I'm aware that you're only on this site for your kids, but that hardly gives you an excuse to be a killjoy.

Edited by fallenangel309

A new 3-stud wide astromech droid design would make sense. But that would require a total different design of the body and legs however.

2guxf08.png

We all know they use the single hinges as seen on the right these days, but they don't fit, unless R2 would be moved 1 plate lower.

Edited by Hollander

A new 3-stud wide astromech droid design would make sense.

No, it wouldn't.

Designing a Lego part (or a Lego set) is not model making.

A well and cleverly designed part is a part which fit well the Lego system.

The legs can be kept and still have a similar look:

Not sure how much I like that SNOT. Why not use this? Then again, the wings would probably interfere with the hinges being able to open to remove or insert an astromech. So I guess it wouldn't be too practical in the real thing.

I agree there are probably ways that an astromech could be put in facing forward, although I don't consider it a huge issue. And there are probably factors involving ease of building or stability during the building process that led designers to take the "easy way out".

I've been trying to read this thread for news and discussion, but all of it has been lost among this immensely irritating R2/X-Wing rant. :sadnew:

It's a toy based on a fictional franchise.

Let it go.

I've been trying to read this thread for news and discussion, but all of it has been lost among this immensely irritating R2/X-Wing rant. :sadnew:

Let it go.

By that same logic you should not care what we choose to discuss since these are all toys based on a fictional universe. None of this really matters. I can't understand why people try to downplay the product to change the discussion, it's contradictory.

I agree though, we should probably continue any further X-wing design discussion in a different thread so as not to bury the new pictures. No one has to get over it, but it should be localized somewhere else.

I agree with The_Chosen_1, just look at the Hoth Wampa Cave. :classic:

But that wouldn't be XXXX Jabba's Palace, now would it? It would be XXXX Rancor Pit. The only way I can see is Home One-esque, or maybe something like the original Jabba's Palace, except with the Rancor pit instead of the droid torture chamber. But I still doubt that Lego would make a Rancor, considering how ridiculously overpriced the Dino sets are. A rancor would have to be at least the size of the T-rex, and that dino comes with a small helicopter and a tiny truck for $60. If the set does include a Rancor and a 700-piece palace, it will still be at least $100.

Let it go.

This is a LEGO forum.

This is a LEGO forum.

Indeed it is and therefore we aim to keep the first post updated with the latest info.

I'm sure we'll have the newest rumors up-to-date in the first post within a few days or even hours.

Discussion on the sets belong in the topic - what else should we discuss than the sets?

Our individual dresscode when building with LEGO? - I'd rather not :laugh::wink:

But that wouldn't be XXXX Jabba's Palace, now would it? It would be XXXX Rancor Pit. The only way I can see is Home One-esque, or maybe something like the original Jabba's Palace, except with the Rancor pit instead of the droid torture chamber. But I still doubt that Lego would make a Rancor, considering how ridiculously overpriced the Dino sets are. A rancor would have to be at least the size of the T-rex, and thatDinoo comes with a small helicopter and a tiny truck for $60. If the set does include a Rancor and a 700-piece palace, it will still be at least $100.

I don't think we have all the info for the new Dino line yet, price and piece counts. Maybe I missed them? But, 5 years ago there was a line called Dino Attack or Dino 2010. The theme had a really cool set called "T1 Typhoon vs. T-Rex", set number 7477. In the set there was a T-Rex, Pteranodon, and big helicopter. It had 605 pieces, 2 Dinos, and it retailed for $70 US.

So, $100 for a Rancor and 600 palace. Sounds about right to me. The old Palace was only 196 pieces. 263, if you included the 2 smaller sets, 4475, 4476. So it gets an upgrade and we get a Rancor.

I think kids would love the set. A big, scary monster and palace to boot.

Jamie

Edited by jamie75

Why would the rancor have to be bigger than the Wampa (or the Hulk in the SH line)? I said this a long time ago, but I'll bet the Rancor is the same size as the Wampa and the Hulk. They're not going to make a 10" or even 6" molded Rancor when a 4" one would work.

Why would the rancor have to be bigger than the Wampa (or the Hulk in the SH line)? I said this a long time ago, but I'll bet the Rancor is the same size as the Wampa and the Hulk. They're not going to make a 10" or even 6" molded Rancor when a 4" one would work.

Exact scale down to the last centimeter isn't necessary, but a 4 inch Rancor wouldn't even be in the same ballpark. After all, how would it eat?

What Rebel Pilot is coming with the Mini X-Wing?

Hopefully it's a new one and not just a repack.

What Rebel Pilot is coming with the Mini X-Wing?

Hopefully it's a new one and not just a repack.

From what I can see, Jek Porkins. And @ JamesBenjamin, why would the rancor be 4"? No one would want a giant monster that isn't very much bigger than a minifig.

From what I can see, Jek Porkins. And @ JamesBenjamin, why would the rancor be 4"? No one would want a giant monster that isn't very much bigger than a minifig.

It's not Jek. It's just some random generic rebel pilot. Look at the helmet it's just a blue rebel symbol.

It's not Jek. It's just some random generic rebel pilot. Look at the helmet it's just a blue rebel symbol.

Generic blue? Wedge Antilles anyone? :sweet:

How did you get these minifigs?

It was mentioned pages ago by the user who first gave us the correct rumours.

Exact scale down to the last centimeter isn't necessary, but a 4 inch Rancor wouldn't even be in the same ballpark. After all, how would it eat?

I've not been thinking about a 4" Rancor. Personally, I'm thinking more along the lines of the 8962 Crystal King, with molded head/torso and brick-built appendages. That means they could get the scale about right while being cost effective. And you could stick a figure in his gob. Maybe.