86 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

Thanks for another fantastic SW review Kim! :sweet::thumbup:

This is another must have set for me, I really like the bike and the Talz is very cool aswell, would make an army of them if I had the money.

I think that in the future they will become like the geonosians, very rare and Expensive. :oh:

Thanks for the Great review!

CommanderFox

Another great review KimT. I like how lego gave Anakin a double sided head. I works really well in this situation and was an unexpected move by them as well. The minifigs do look like the best part of this set In my opinion. Thi-Sen looks like a great minifig and cant wait to get him.

Thanks KimT :sweet:

Another top-notch review!

Freeco... freezing cold... not surprised with the big gaps below the cockpit. Hope it has a good heater.

Must get, if just for the figs. I've never seen the episode with this ship in, but it's a nice design.

Rebel symbol on his coat and hood piece, brilliant!!

its not at all rebel simbol. its republic amblem. you can see the same amblem on every jedi battle armor in clonewars...

Thanks for the review KimT :thumbup:

This one did get the stickers applied, unlike the other new sets I've bought.

It looks much better that way.

The stickers really add that little extra to this set.

The set would look completly naked without them :laugh:

Those new cockpit parts are really great and they attach better to other parts than the old version.

Good job TLG :thumbup:

I love the futuristic pull-down cockpit design.

The cockpit pull-down is a nice feature which reminds me of the cockpit of 7656 General Grievous starfighter, 7674 V-19 torrent and 7673 Magna Guard Starfighter cockpits.

Dual Face Wrapped

Wow, I totally missed this.

I didn't know that he had a dual face and it came as a shock to me - at least a little one.

Shocked, asthonished and than eager! This makes the Anakin minifigure even more special.

Thi-Sen

Erhm.... a nice fig, but who's this guy?

The alien makes this set special. Although he only appeared in one episode (but that also counts for the Freeco speeder), it's great they added him to a set.

Wookieepedia

Thi-Sen.jpg

Great set, cant wait to get it. :wub:

Many thanks for the review KimT!

I'm totally sold on this, really like the Freeco and LEGO's version of it. Great little model, nice details, subtle greebling - the stickers do add to the set on this one too. Very swooshable. Nice enough figure selection aswell; cold weather Anakin looks great (mouth a little Homer Simpson-esque under that balaclava though) and it's cool to get an extra alien in Thi-Sen.

Thanks for this review KimT!

This set is spectacular!

The dual-sided Anakin head prints are awesome, and it's great to get a new facial expression. I also like how he has a printed insignia on his hood and his torso!

Thi-Sen looks great! There's lots of detail on him! :wub:

The actual vehicle looks very accurate to what it's modeled after, and the stickers do add to the set. I don't like how the sides have STAMPs (stickers across multiple pieces), though. I was hoping that TLG would stop doing that. :hmpf_bad:

I'll definitely be getting this set. It's a great deal for $25 USD! :sweet:

The best Star Wars set in a long time, not that is saying much, but I was think the set would be $20-$25. It's $27 Euro? Insane!

Wow our opinions really differ in this too :oh: i haven't seen such a bad set in a long time- Separatist shuttle 8036 for example was great cw set and endor battle 8038 was outstanding :thumbup: - but i agree with price even for a licenced set it is very high and not worth of 27€ maybe 20€ but there is -at least 5-7€ from nothing :wacko:

The actual vehicle looks very accurate to what it's modeled after, and the stickers do add to the set. I don't like how the sides have STAMPs (stickers across multiple pieces), though. I was hoping that TLG would stop doing that. :hmpf_bad:
You're right STAMPS do suck- badly i have nothing against stickers but those are bad since it is hard to take apart or modify models- but actually i cannot see any stickers across multiple pieces here all are placed in just one piece :sceptic: or is there just something i cannot see then... :hmpf:

Great review KimT!

I not so much followed the CW series, but this set contains very tricky solutions. The only one problem with the small and lower middle sized sets (except pattle packs) is the low number of minifigs. They could add on or more minifigs. In this case this set would be much considerable to purchase.

By the way thanks for the review.

Like many others, I was completely sold on this set the moment I saw it. :wub: It just seems so.... clean. Pure. Sleek. Refined. Simple. Perfect. I also really like the double-sided Anakin head, and the Talz cheiftan.

Thanks for the review!

-Inky

Can you compare it with another SW speeder? I really love the Talz, eventhought his feather's aren't removable and he should be white.

The only one problem with the small and lower middle sized sets (except pattle packs) is the low number of minifigs. They could add on or more minifigs. In this case this set would be much considerable to purchase.

Small comparision (just made it for myself, wanted to share it, not to smarty-pant-around):

Landspeeder is 163 parts, 4 minifigs, 2 droids

Echo Base is 155 parts, 5 minifigs, 1 Tauntaun

Droid Tri-Fighter 268 parts, 3 droids

this one 177 parts, 2 minifigs

(all have the same price, almost same release year)

On one hand you are right in what you were saying, Gassmann, there could have been one more fig. And a cold assault clone would have been a) nice and b) a reason to get a second set) But my examples play with wrong numbers, since all the other figures from other sets were done before (with very little changes) and Anakin and the Talz will not appear in any other set, that is obvious.

Anyway, as others I am also not that into the newer Clone Wars, cause I think art design, style, drama and synchro are simply not my piece of cake. But I consider the Lego CW models as the best space models TLC ever came up with and this is no exception. For those ones who think like me,

is a one-minute-video on youtube showing the speeder and some scenes from the CW episode. Rather nice atmosphere and I have to admit, the snow looks great.

Edited by Zzz

...and always so ugly cw-Anakin :thumbdown: (and now he looks like Homer Simpson) ...

Clone wars Anakin: "Do!" :cry_sad:

:grin:

Thank you for the nice review.

I find also they could put atleast a third fig in this set. If it was a normal Talz, some people saw this set maybe as an expensive battlepack.

Clone wars Anakin: "Do!" :cry_sad:

:grin:

Thank you for the nice review.

I find also they could put atleast a third fig in this set. If it was a normal Talz, some people saw this set maybe as an expensive battlepack.

Expensive battlepack is better than expensive set that is not as good as battlepack- don't make sense to me that this is more expensive because of some - mostly white parts and just two figs..

Thank you very much for the review, KimT.

I am not really sure about this set, the vehicle itself is OK, Lego`s version is not so good and the figs aren`t particularly appealing. Soo....

PS: Did anyone else notice that, while the boxart shows the older version of the canopy piece, the newer one is in the set?

Oh and another thing: the logo on Anakin`s hood is the emblem of the Jedi order.

Edited by Commander_Rob

The cockpit pull-down is a nice feature which reminds me of the cockpit of 7656 General Grievous starfighter, 7674 V-19 torrent and 7673 Magna Guard Starfighter cockpits.

Yes, me too, and that makes this set even more :wub: ly (although, I don't own any of the sets you named :laugh: )

Very nice review KimT!

Wow I don't know what shocked me most, how well this set is, or a star wars collector and mod for star wars doesn't watch the clone wars.

I really like how they did Thi Sen, now if made one more white it would be great for a canteen remake.

Wow I don't know what shocked me most, how well this set is, or a star wars collector and mod for star wars doesn't watch the clone wars.

I really like how they did Thi Sen, now if made one more white it would be great for a canteen remake.

:laugh:

I've been watching them lately on YouTube - I'm at Season I Episode IV (or something like that...not quite sure)

I got it for Christmas and it was a little bit pricey in the US ($25.00). But it came with two new minifigs so i think it's worth it.

As an army builder, I can't really see myself getting this set. It is cool to see some cold weather Star Wars outside of The Empire Strikes Back though.

I got this yesterday, and I like it a lot. The only gripe is that the cockpit doesn't seem to fit snugly down, even without those gaps. The mini-figs are amazing though, and the set is well-designed.

Thanks for the lightning fast review! I was waiting till I got mine delivered before I passed judgment on the set.

I've actually looked at this review a few times, I still can't find this set anywhere and I wsant it bad, so I've been daydreaming in this thread.