Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheBrickster

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 9A

What should the group do next?   27 members have voted

  1. 1. Choose an ACTION

    • Return to the Farm
      6
    • Visit the Emerald Express
      6
    • Return to the Train Engine Shed
      3
    • Walk to the Northwest
      12

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

163 posts in this topic

Murder on the Emerald Express: Chapter 9A

What Will They Do Next?

Help the group decide...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's the map again:

25.jpg

I personally think we should go to all locations, but chose the farm as the first destination. After that, we could go to the Northwest area, then the train shed, and finally the train. Hopefully we will have done everything we need to by the time we get to the train, so then we can leave right away without needing to make extra trips.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How's about we reconsider my plan?

25.jpg

Now, the push-cart and fuel tanker are at the farm.

Since there are no shown switch points at the farm, we have to tackle the problems of switches 4, 3, 2, and 1.

Now, we must first discover the position each is currently in. I suggest that multiple groups are dispatched to do so.

If any switch points are in the wrong direction, we'll simply flip the corresponding switches in the Town Hall!

I'm off to check the closest switch and see if it's current position leads to the shed.

It would seem that our main goal is to fuel the Crocodile and put in the Crocodile Rod. What we do from there can be decided then: do we leave on the Crocodile or try and find some way to make it tow the Emerald? Either way, we have to get the Crocodile onto the main line, which I assume is the job of switches six and seven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I say we go where we've never gone before! Back to the hotel, ladies? :wink:

Er... I mean, northwest!

We could find almost anything there, maybe an airport with a plane that's only one big tool short of ready, or a huge marina with a boat that needs a new drive shaft!

Brakes will bring the lube!

:grin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted Northeast becuase it is the only land that has secrets to yet be discovered. I also hear that's where the Fairies romp and play, and I'd love to join them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's go to the northwest, and see what's there.

On a side note, I've said several things that are being ignored. I wanted to inspect the gun first! :tongue:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Northwest. Who knows, maybe there's a public baths and I can work on my tan. This has been such a restful break! Soldier on!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want to make sure nobody has stolen any of my valuable D&D equipment back at the train. :look: I'm glad I brought all the essentials with me! :sweet:

That said, I think we should definitely look everywhere, I really don't mind where we start. I don't suppose anyone's up for some cards while we wait? I miss relaxing on the train...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally Vi zink vee zhould go back to ze train zhed and look vor more parts, and eenztall ze Crocodile Rod.

I don't suppose anyone's up for some cards while we wait? I miss relaxing on the train...
Vi am :grin: !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I want to go to the Northwest too.

Maybe we two can go up there together for some 'quality time' together... :wub: :wub: :wub:

...Looking for wild thyme, field mushrooms, edible rodents... I'm thinking stew for dinner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don't suppose anyone's up for some cards while we wait? I miss relaxing on the train...

I'm in. Where's Herman? I'm starting to miss the goof. He must be in the toilet or something.

I also miss food. Real food not from Schmelty's pants. :sceptic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This mystery is gettin' more queer by the minute...

I'm gonna say Northwest too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Im off to the Farm again to get the diesel, then get this train worked out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

*Hums a song*

"Go Northwest! Life is peaceful there!

Go Northwest! In the open air!

Go Northwest! Where the skies are blue!

Go Northwest! This is what we're gonna do!"

Oh, sorry! :blush: But yes, that's what we should do, in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I voted for the farm...What can we do with the Croc without diesel?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So the group begins their long walk toward the Northwest part of town. Fortunately, there's an old road from Main Street that leads toward the general direction.

After nearly an hour and a few degrees cooler, they see a small airstrip with the beautiful snow-covered Sierra Nevada Mountains in the background. A small structure stands toward the end of the airstrip, that the townies immediately recognize as the Willoughby Post Office and once Radio Station, KCRP.

26.jpg

avmcfarlin.jpg

Been a long time since I heard that station play some music - was that song Crocodile Rock, seems just like yesteryear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, uh, anybody got the time? If it's not too late right now, I think we should scrounge around an' see if we can't find a vehicle of sorts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On a side note, I've said several things that are being ignored. I wanted to inspect the gun first! :tongue:

There was nothing more of interest within the Records Office. The gun is a semi-automatic with a clip/magazine - one bullet shell (meaning the gun had been fired). Nothing more identifiable about the gun.

ALL: If I do not respond to your comment(s), it's becuase you have not been specific about your action(s) (like: I'm going to look for weapons), or there is nothing of interest. However; once in a blue moon, I have overlooked them entirely. :blush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder whom used to live or operate here? It looks so antique... Is that a small airport for small sized aircrafts to land? Any town citizens can explain this building?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I wonder whom used to live or operate here? It looks so antique... Is that a small airport for small sized aircrafts to land? Any town citizens can explain this building?

I'd like some here answers too, this place ain't look like the busiest parlor in Willoughby, but judgin' be how odd this town is who knows.

Anyway, while I think we shoulda gone ta the farm first, I guess we can easily go there from here. What say we have a look inside guys? I know Herman is itchy to discover clues after all, and I'm itchin' ta get outta this place and inta a nice hotel!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How unusual for an airstrip to be close to such a minuscule town. :look: Oh well, I want to go inside the post office to see if there are any letters not sent yet or in the inbox. Maybe we'll see a letter from this mysterious Elizabeth/ Jennifer person. I'm sure that the radio station could be interesting as well.

There was nothing more of interest within the Records Office. The gun is a semi-automatic with a clip/magazine - one bullet shell (meaning the gun had been fired). Nothing more identifiable about the gun.

ALL: If I do not respond to your comment(s), it's becuase you have not been specific about your action(s) (like: I'm going to look for weapons), or there is nothing of interest. However; once in a blue moon, I have overlooked them entirely. default_blush.gif

No problem, Alex, no worries. :classic:

By the way, who works at these places?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm a landing strip? Why would a town like this need one? :look:

I want to look in the building if theres any papers/documents of use.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The group decides to enter the small post office and radio station from a small door along the south side of the building. Inside, the place is rather dusty and it appears to have not been used in a very long time. There is a counter with a wooden shelf with a number of open slots for mail. All the slots are empty. There is a calendar on one wall with a some sort of shedule for mail pick-up or delivery. Each month has a Wednesday or Thursday circled with the next date being June 25, 2009, circled.

Along the other end of the building is a short wall separating some sort of desk with radio equipment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd like to carefully peel off the calendar, and see if there is anything behind it. Also, is there a toilet in here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.