Hi everyone.

Here is my entry for this contest. As always i've build this with/for my childrens and as usual this model hass to be safe and secure for them.

This said, i've been asking for long what to build for this contest. I didn't have that much pneumatics elements and i do thought that my chances with this contest were proportionals to the number of pneumatic parts i owned.

Until i had a closer look at 42053 set...

So i present here my vision of what could be a Volvo Handler (i think volvo didn't build this kind of machine) here it is:

K3GgHH.jpg

it is a very simple Moc. My main goal has been to integrate the powerfunctions elements (1 BB + 1 motor) and get the maximum playability with the Moc. I do use the battery pack as the main frame assembly of the model. this way, i think i realised one good design work on it.

They are 3 pneumatics functions:

1- Main arm up and down

2- Fork tilting

3 - Fork thooth up and down.

Also, there is one direction with HOG on the four wheels.This Moc is designed to be playable and fun to use. It doesn't need more function to scratch that goal ;)

PiWjWV.jpgMz2pyj.jpg

The functions work pretty well and the compressor is a very pleasant feature on a Moc like this one.

The arm movement has a good range of action and is particulary powerfull due to the large pneumatics cylinder i used. ( i didn't have any other o:)   )

2Mi2xk.jpg

Here is a back view. round design for the mudgards, a color scheme that fits with it's great sister 45053, custon stikers (official stikers sheet):

SZ6UEy.jpg

On this view you can see the commands (3 orange commands) : the two backwards are for the arm movement and the lateral one is for the fork opening

x6sh1B.jpg

Detailed view of the fork i used. It is obvisouly possible to connect a regular bucket at this arm end:

4Qtqpl.jpg

And once it is opened

1Iwasj.jpg

Detailed view on back design with the official Volvo stikers on it and the rounded mudgards

VT7nG2.jpg

In conclusion this Moc come perfectly together the 42053 Set and as well with my last Volvo crane truck. It was a great building experience (and realy quick build  :)   )

Hope you'll enjoy it.

Regards,

Steph

Ps video coming hopefully before the dateline :)

Edited by steph77

Great job. Original stickers make it look like a set. I really like what you did with the rearview mirror. Competition is getting really hot! Good luck!

Very handsome handler, if we can use this term for machines. Good proportions, great details. :thumbup::thumbup:

Another strong entry... waiting for the video!

7 hours ago, mattthewise said:

Was this primarily made out of the 42053? If so, I'd love to have instructions so I can build this myself.

Yes. 99% of the pieces are from 42053 set. I only add one exhaust end, one direction rack of 7L and some usuals connectors (even not sure on that point).

Globally if you owned the 42053 you can rebuilt it.

And, before you asked me i'll not do instructions but i planed to make a ldd file wich is really suffisant for this Moc :)

That way you will be able to compare the pièces index with 42053's one.

Thanks all for comments :)

Edited by steph77

Great news with the LDD file, could You please make it as proper C-model for 42053? ;)

Video added at first post.

@agrof : i will try to do it;)

Edited by steph77

On 10/30/2016 at 5:32 AM, steph77 said:

Yes. 99% of the pieces are from 42053 set. I only add one exhaust end, one direction rack of 7L and some usuals connectors (even not sure on that point).

Globally if you owned the 42053 you can rebuilt it.

And, before you asked me i'll not do instructions but i planed to make a ldd file wich is really suffisant for this Moc :)

That way you will be able to compare the pièces index with 42053's one.

Thanks all for comments :)

Yeah, an LDD file is enough to figure it out. Well done with the model.

I like this very much. If it was the 42053 I'd buy it. Sadly it's not so I won't :thumbup:

Thanks all for kind comments.

Here are few modifications i'de like you all to take in count for this contest.

I've used these last hours of competition to check some détails.

First i change the black connector on the articulation point at the top of the arm. In this way the design is lighter. If i owned one 1L/9L cylinder i would have place it in replacement of the top 2L cylinder. But i don't own it.

IEQmoz.jpg

Second modification, it's an add on. I place a orange command for the battery box, Under the seat. Much more practical like this ;) The orange color sheme is used as for all functionnals elements on the model.

yIZDNn.jpg

At least, on right side i place a cover for the pneumatic switch and convert all the blue and light grey pneumatic hoses to black ones. much more discreet like this i think.

QZnZHX.jpg

I just hope it is not too late to introduce these modifications.

sls

+1 for the LDD, any news about that? This is particularly interesting MOC because it's almost a C-model. And a very nice indeed!

Hi

I still have the model and i do not forget you ;)

I just need time due to Professional occupation.

I'll try to do that quikly:)

ok.

i'll built it without the pneumatic elements. keeping all fixation element in place.

With the pictures i posted it will not be difficult to reverse it.

Thanks.

I found this problem. There's a topic here in the LDD sub-forum with mock-ups built out of existing parts you may be interested in:

You just have to be careful planning where hoses are routed if building from scratch, like I tried.