What a spectacular model! The scaling has really paid off with beautiful proportions, and the B&W colour scheme works brilliantly. You've reached a very high level of design mastery in a very short time! But most of all, that engine... :wub:

What a spectacular model! The scaling has really paid off with beautiful proportions, and the B&W colour scheme works brilliantly. You've reached a very high level of design mastery in a very short time! But most of all, that engine... :wub:

Thanks, if I'm able during the teardown I'll do a picture teardown of the motor so you can see how it's made.

Edited by DugaldIC

On 9/13/2016 at 4:13 AM, Victor Imaginator said:

I never make photos of black models, but what i will do: i will use black matte paper as background, i will shoot with 2 different colored sources of light (cold daylight window and warm led lamp), i will shoot model from maximum possible distance with enough zoom on lenses - it's reducing perspective distortion. Shooting black lego on black background works only if i shooting in RAW, camera itself rarely can properly handle it.

Here's not the best example of what i talking about. Reflections from 2 different light sources is very sharp on shiny lego parts, but very blurry on backdrop. And black backdrop doesn't raise overall contrast of picture, so it's possible to catch more subtle details without under/overexposing.

Thanks Victor, I took your advice and took some photos with a white back drop and a HD camera. 

IMG_9134 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

29750512560_c63b727a79_b.jpgIMG_9223 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr 

29961107021_8946ae21de_b.jpgIMG_9225 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

IMG_9172 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

29738575380_f43232a84d_b.jpgIMG_9182 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

Nice Ferrari

Du you have an LDD or Pictures from building. I will make a Instruction. if you wont.

Greatings thorsten

1 hour ago, Thorsten50 said:

Nice Ferrari

Du you have an LDD or Pictures from building. I will make a Instruction. if you wont.

Greatings thorsten

Hi Thorsten, 

I was just about to tear down this car and make a new one! *huh*  I am honored you offered to make instructions. :blush:  I have no idea how to make instructions with LDD.

I will definitely take photos of the tear down and post them online if you can make instructions. I will take pictures of the complete tear down this coming weekend and send you the link to the photos. :thumbup:

Edited by Lox Lego

On 10/3/2016 at 2:15 PM, Thorsten50 said:

Ok Thank you

Im waiting

Hi Thorsten,

I have completed the photos and part count for the complete build of this car. I have SO much more respect for Modica, Brunojj1, Sariel and all other builders as there is immense work that is put into the build of Technic instructions. This car has 1880 pieces, 956 pieces in the framework, and 924 pieces in the body work. 
I am new at instructions, and if something is identical from one side to another, I only showed photos of that side. Also, I have broken down the part count into the frame work and the bodywork if someone chooses to simply build the frame only. I hope that is ok for you Thorsten.  
Photo instructions: https://goo.gl/photos/yTNQBTbuJEQuso2b7 

It took 6 hours to do the photo instruction tear down with help from Dugald, and another 6 hours to sort and categorize all the pieces.
A huge shout out to Thorsten who will be going through my photo build and try and create LDD instructions! Below are some photos of the sorting / instructions.   

30212343005_6e706ef505_b.jpgIMG_9309 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

29565934664_4cc926e65a_b.jpgIMG_9971 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

29566035673_da2b4f3b67_b.jpgIMG_9893 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

29566034423_cd5b61d7b6_b.jpgIMG_9806 by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

30097896012_b4b1673a54_b.jpgBodywork parts 1 updated # by lachlan cameron, on Flickr

Edited by Lox Lego

:sweet::devil:Wow, this is an awesome moc, you have done a good job:thumbup:. My favorite Ferrari after the F40. Can't wait for the instructions to make this badboy:devil:

Edited by technicfan

10 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

there is immense work that is put into the build of Technic instructions. This car has 1880 pieces, 956 pieces in the framework, and 924 pieces in the body work. 
I am new at instructions, and if something is identical from one side to another, I only showed photos of that side. Also, I have broken down the part count into the frame work and 

It took 6 hours to do the photo instruction tear down with help from Dugald, and another 6 hours to sort and categorize all the pieces.
A huge shout out to Thorsten who will be going through my photo build and try and create LDD instructions! Below are some photos of the sorting / instructions.   

That might be a new experience for you which is not only having fun (designing a proper MOC isn´t either). It´s fun to co-work with others, to get new perspectives, helps you to get more organized, to take more responsibility for others who want to build your model or e.g. to plan your next MOC more carefully. Fortunately there are guys out there willing to help such as Blakbird and Thorsten :thumbup:. They don´t make LDD instructions by the way, using more sophisticated software which requires very high skills on that which can´t be mastered by eveybody. You won´t regret it!

Hello Frinds

First day.

How long is the axis in the yellow oval?

fxx1.png

The orginal 1x1 Tile GT3 is not available in LDRAW. I've made them in monocrome black.

fxx2.png

Greeting Thorsten

Edited by Thorsten50

1 hour ago, Thorsten50 said:

Hello Frinds

First day.

fxx1.png

Wow,  you work unbelievably fast and your work is outstanding.  If I'm not mistaken the axle is a 4L or 6L but my brother will have to clarify when he's up. ( I'm the younger brother,  the one who did the framework.  And we are both very grateful for your amazing work,  thank you :) ) 

2 hours ago, Thorsten50 said:

Hello Frinds

First day.

fxx1.png

The orginal 1x1 Tile GT3 is not available in LDRAW. I've made them in monocrome black.

fxx2.png

Greeting Thorsten

Hi Thorsten,

that axle is 4 long. This render is looking fantastic! 

I was wondering if you could change 2 part colors for me. 

1. Could you change the 2 red flex axles (That go on the doors) to black?
2. Could you change the 4 red connectors at the back suspension to grey?

On 10/9/2016 at 1:03 AM, brunojj1 said:

That might be a new experience for you which is not only having fun (designing a proper MOC isn´t either). It´s fun to co-work with others, to get new perspectives, helps you to get more organized, to take more responsibility for others who want to build your model or e.g. to plan your next MOC more carefully. Fortunately there are guys out there willing to help such as Blakbird and Thorsten :thumbup:. They don´t make LDD instructions by the way, using more sophisticated software which requires very high skills on that which can´t be mastered by eveybody. You won´t regret it!

Hi Brunojj1, yes I can already see how working together with others can help support the community and much better builds. This build would not have been possible without Dugald's fantastic framework, Sariel's Scaling tools, and Thorsten's push to put the build photos online. Just before Dugald and I tore down this car, he helped find weak points in the build and we created a much stronger / robust frame prior to the instructions. Just going through that exercise showed me how I should review my build before posting / creating instructions. 
I can't even believe what it might take to make detailed instructions... 

:sweet::devil:Wow, this is an awesome moc, you have done a good job:thumbup:. My favorite Ferrari after the F40. Can't wait for the instructions to make this badboy:devil:

Edited Saturday at 07:20 PM by technicfan

I will be thrilled to see someone else build this car! Glad there is some interest in it.

Edited by Lox Lego

2 hours ago, Thorsten50 said:

Day two

How long are the Flex axles and Flex Hoses?

fxx4.png

Looking good! I used 2x white 19 flex axles on the outside, a 16 black flex axle in the middle, and a  19 black flex axle on the inside.

2x 9 long flex axles were used for the door window.

2x 5 long flex axles were used at the bottom of the window frame connected by 1 black connector piece.

Edited by Lox Lego

Day 3

The first flex axes are ready.
The rest I wrote, for the control, on the picture.
Also the flex-pants parts (pipes)

fxx5.png

Greeting Thorsten

Oh my God, look at that lovely supercharger, that is a really nice touch for such amazing vehicle, the amount of details in this model is really impressive, those nice shapes and functions, i like it, is a really nice work.

1 hour ago, technic_addict said:

Are those Porsche wheels and tires?

Yes they are.

1 hour ago, ImanolBB said:

Oh my God, look at that lovely supercharger, that is a really nice touch for such amazing vehicle, the amount of details in this model is really impressive, those nice shapes and functions, i like it, is a really nice work.

Thanks LmanolBB! We tried to put as much detail into the car just as Ferrari had with the FXX

Day 4

I've made the 11 Flex-Ache at the door in black.Is that OK.

The Flex-Axis 19, cables and the Ribbed-Hose are still missing.

fxx8.png

24 minutes ago, Thorsten50 said:

Day 4

I've made the 11 Flex-Ache at the door in black.Is that OK.

The Flex-Axis 19, cables and the Ribbed-Hose are still missing.

fxx8.png

Wow, looks amazing! Thank you so much. Yes, black is good for the 11 flex axle. Can you post some different angles of this 3D model as well?
It is amazing seeing this creation in LDRAW!!!!