Stash2Sixx

LEGO Star Wars 2017 Pictures and Rumors

Woah... that came out of nowhere! Funny how everyone speculated that Lando would be in an A-Wing set, but then we heard he'd be in the Rebel Hangar. I guess it was an A-Wing after all (but does the Rebel Hangar still exist?). Lando looks great and it's really nice to finally get him again, too!

That new Lando looks awesome! I already have the last red A-Wing, and this does seem weird given that a Rebels A-Wing is on the shelves right now too... But given that A-Wings normally have low price points I might have to pick this one up. Besides I can have a fleet with it and the previous A-Wing side by side! 

Wow, these last few waves have been tough as an OT collector:

- The Assault on Hoth 

- Death Star remake

- A-wing remake 

- Landspeeder remake

- Desert Skiff remake

It would great to get something new! 

Just now, Deathstroke77 said:

Hello, what have we here! Lando looks great, and another awesome looking A-Wing. Is this is a January release?

I believe it is.

Nice build, and super happy to get Lando. I skipped the last A-Wing, this one I think I'll buy. Now we just need a Cloud City version of Leia and Lando and I'll be happy.

General Calrissian's torso seems a little too bright for Alliance officers (e.g. compared to Crix Madine), I'd prefer if they stuck with dark tan. Can't complain about the cape or hair though. 

And after 17 years we finally get a quantum leap in accurate Alliance technicians! 

Fleetcontroller.jpg

My one gripe here is, though not with the set, we are STILL missing a remake of Cloud City Lando :-(

Furthermore, is that really 358 pieces? It looks really quite similar to the 2013 one in terms of the build (yes, I know, it's the same vehicle).

That's probably the equivalent to 2016's Homing Spider Droid, an exclusive 30-40$ January set. Explains why we didn't see it earlier, too.

Wonder where the almost 200 extra pieces (compared to 2013's A-Wing) come from - with the rebel crewman present, there's hope for an additional ground vehicle like the ones the Y-Wing and Poe's X-Wing got.

Was just about to ask this - should we assume this set is an exclusive? We got the image of this set much later than the rest of them. That also leaves the presumed Landspeeder and Desrt Skiff set images to be released...

WOW! The Desert Skiff looks great!

Not the biggest fan of the Landspeeder as the Minifigs are nothing new, but the Tusken Raider is nice. Build's a bit too similar to 2014 but I like it.

Oh sweet jesus it's Christmas

Desert Skiff: It looks great, looks like it's about £30, and has 4 great figs. Boba, of course, Han with his new hair piece, a cheap way to get Chewie (thank the maker). The Sarlaac Pit also looks great.

Landspeeder: Nostalgia, nostalgia everywhere! Man, I love this set so much. Only problem is is that I doubt they'll keep it at £15, they'll probably bump it up to £20 because of there being 4 figs. Also nice to get Ben Kenobi and Farmboy Luke in a cheap set again.

Will be picking both of these up. Probably the A-Wing, too. Eugh, this will be an expensive wave for me. 5 sets I need to get. And the LBM sets. Might have to skip on those, these are more important!

The Desert Skiff looks awful to me.

The A-Wing looks really great but it feels like we just got 2 of them so I'm not interested, though that new Lando looks great.

The Landspeeder loos really good, especially with the new curved tile pieces.

Calm down people, Thrawn has red eyes, it just appears to be dark red and has black outlines and white pupils. The Phantom II looks really nice and I'm glad it has some space in the back. It's disappointing that they didn't make it compatible with the Ghost, even if it's a retired set.

It's nice to get more images of Yoda's Starfighter, I wasn't expecting the top to be able to lift up but the whole thing looks really good. The interior is lacking and he has no means of controlling the craft. It always bothers me when they do that, at the very least, they could provide a couple stickers for the 1x2 cheese slopes on either side of the cockpit. It's still not entirely accurate to the modified Eta-2 from the show but honestly, I think this thing looks far better. The proportions on the one from the show were almost too comical. This looks more like a serious craft.

Overall, the figures aren't exciting me much, save the Rogue One Imperial troops and the figures in the Y-Wing and half of the vehicles are tired rehashes but the modified Eta-2 and the Phantom II are both really refreshing additions.

Wow, so many rehashes with mostly reused minifigs. PASS. But maybe the A-Wing.

15 hours ago, Mymaker123 said:
15 hours ago, Penkid11 said:

So was, for example, Hoth Attack... in Europe...

In the US it wasn't released until March, along with everything else that wasn't Force Awakens related (which all came out in January).

I don't get the reasoning for this at all. It doesn't affect me being over here in the UK and all but I'd imagine that's very frustrating for North Americans.

For the umpteenth time, it was entirely due to the factory not being able to produce everything in time

The A-Wing and Desert Skiff are fantastic. I guess it won't be a cheap wave for me after all.

Pass on the Landspeeder though. I've already got the cantina.

Interesting that they rehash these sets after such a short time but give us just one Rebels set in this wave.

- Landspeeder seems to be 90 % the same build. Except for the latest X-Wing, Lego hasn't done that for quite some time.
- the curved dark red markings are a small but in effect huge improvement.
- Great set for getting figures & the desired vessel so cheap, though they still reuse the horrible Obi Wan figure.

- the front of the Desert skiff looks so much better. Otherwise it's a bit messy.
- they really gave us an EPVI Boba Fett. From what I can see even the helmet looks like it got a new print.

- & they went all the way with the A-Wing. Just a shame that they reused the same colour scheme.
- finally decent guns

The absolute lack of dual molding and side printing for figures of LEGO's biggest theme is almost criminal.
The sets look good, some of the figures do too, but it's time to stop putting frontal curtain robes on Obi-Wan's legs.