Sign in to follow this  
MiloNelsiano

Great Oak Goods

Great Oak Goods is a general store and trade center within Osgard. Built quite literally over one of the main roads in town, a very high concentration of travellers travel right through on their way by, making it the first stop travellers go to trade in junk or treasure for needed supplies on their journey.

25492374450_f99a04676d_c.jpg

25697973571_b3e79f1f3d_c.jpg

25793082485_203e6d5675_c.jpg

I'm back! As I said earlier, my Computer that I usually edit my photos with no longer works, and I'm still unable to get it to work on my other Computer. I decided that since there were several Pictures here that didn't need too much editing, I'd just go ahead and post them anyway. I hope you it! Criticism and comments are always appreciated!

That tree looks good, but I love that House! :wub:

Altough I recommend to make the border less square, I really like the interior!

Overall: great job

I like your tree, nice shaping :thumbup: Overall, however, I think the build looks monotonous and there is a sharp contrast beween the building and the surroundings. What I mean by that, is for example that either everything is SNOTted (the building, the tree trunk), or everything is studded, except for the road, which looks decent. You used the same shade of brown throughout the whole build, which looks rather, eh.. dull, I guess. The roof looks okay from the outside, but I suggest simulating some kind of supportive framework.

It's in the little details that there is a lot to gain here, because the rough form of your build is nice. I hope this is useful constructive criticism to you, happy building! :classic:

I love the house! The tree is good, but i feel that the terrain needs some work. :thumbup:

Though the terrain is a bit barren, that tree and that house help to alleviate that. Great Work!

Very nice interior! :classic: I think you did a great job at getting that round shape for the leaves of the tree - that's not that easy. A less square base for the tree would have been nice, and maybe some plants here and there, but I understand that might be hard without screwing up the color theme. Great job overall! :thumbup:

That tree looks good, but I love that House! :wub:

Altough I recommend to make the border less square, I really like the interior!

Overall: great job

Thank you. Ground work (which in this case includes the border) is something I've been planning on working on. However, to do so, I need to buy a lot more pieces to make it work, especially for a bigger build like this, so the process has been slow.

I like your tree, nice shaping :thumbup: Overall, however, I think the build looks monotonous and there is a sharp contrast beween the building and the surroundings. What I mean by that, is for example that either everything is SNOTted (the building, the tree trunk), or everything is studded, except for the road, which looks decent. You used the same shade of brown throughout the whole build, which looks rather, eh.. dull, I guess. The roof looks okay from the outside, but I suggest simulating some kind of supportive framework.

It's in the little details that there is a lot to gain here, because the rough form of your build is nice. I hope this is useful constructive criticism to you, happy building! :classic:

It is useful criticism, and I really do appreciate it. While I generally avoid studs on manmade objects (with a few exceptions) within builds, I can see where you're coming from. Improving landscaping in my builds is definitely my main focus for future builds, but the process has been slow. I probably should have thrown in some dark brown in a few places, but one thing I've been trying to do with my builds is to avoid the decrepit feel that everyone else seems to be into, so I tried keeping all the wood work clean looking. The result is, unfortunately, a lot of brown. I do build (unintentionally I must add) a lot of generally darker builds without much color. It is something I'm aware of, and have been trying to change slowly, but that didn't come out very much at all here. I think that if I had included more colors in different places, the brown might not look so dull. I will consider adding rafters on my next interior!

I love the house! The tree is good, but i feel that the terrain needs some work. :thumbup:

Thank you. Indeed, the terrain needs some more love. As I've mentioned, I'm working on it, but unless I somehow fall into a bunch of money and/or Lego, the process of increasing my landscaping pieces will continue to be slow.

Cool build! Nice tree and Tudor sections!

Thanks LV!

The house is awesome but the tree is way better!

Thank you, I appreciate it!

Nice! Any more shots of the well and the cart?

Thanks! There are a few on my flickr, but I don't think there are many at better angles. The well is basically the same as I made it in this build. I'll see if I can't get another shot or two of the wagon for you.

Though the terrain is a bit barren, that tree and that house help to alleviate that. Great Work!

Thank you. As mentioned, I'm also not a big fan of the terrain, and am working to improve it in future MOCs.

Very nice interior! :classic: I think you did a great job at getting that round shape for the leaves of the tree - that's not that easy. A less square base for the tree would have been nice, and maybe some plants here and there, but I understand that might be hard without screwing up the color theme. Great job overall! :thumbup:

Unfortunately I'm nowhere near as good at making trees as you are, but I appreciate the feedback! The color theme was an issue. Call me strange, but I have a hard time using the bright green plant pieces in a lot of my builds, unless I also have bright green ground plates. It just doesn't give me quite the right look I want, so I usually go with dark or olive green. It's still something I play with from time to time, because I'm not yet pleased with my solution.

With a little more color, I could see this being an official set. Nicely done!

Thank you! Color can be a big challenge for me, as I tend to build more in neutrals, but it's something I've been working on to improve.

Great work here, the house design and the interior are really nice. That well is a particularly cool detail. I'd echo the others and suggest a bit more detail to the terrain. I think breaking up the long straight lines would help a lot. Anyways, nice build!

This one doesn't disappoint the expectations I had after the prelim pic. Great work here. I love that whole idea with the trading post built over the street. And the interior is a great touch. But I would have added a bit more of vegetation. Just a few speckles of grass maybe. And the ground rounded up with wedge plates. But that doesn't really bother. It's quite an impressive building.

Really cool layout to have street run right through the building! The roof lines, and windows are excellent too :thumbup:

And as FullPlate said, the rounded look of the tree's canopy is quite good. Cool bed design inside, and I like the stocked shelves :classic: