Peppermint_M

LEGO Nexo Knights 2017 Discussion

8 hours ago, Daimar said:

Wait, so Nexo Knights is ending? Thats a shame, I have grown quite fond of them. Oh well, maybe we will get another mediavel theme, maybe the return of Heroica but not in boardgame form but as sets with minifigures, now that would be great for me.

Read all the pages you missed please. Don't skim over them.

On 22/04/2017 at 7:19 AM, Whiteagle said:

Well technically they've got a "Lightning" sub element, but yeah, they are rather un-inspired for enemies.

I have'nt really followed the TV show or adverts for this year's sets, just the box art - so i apologise for thinking they were only rock monsters. It just came across that way with a lot of the designs - only Lord Krakenskull looked like he might fit with a lightning/water subtheme.

3 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I have'nt really followed the TV show or adverts for this year's sets, just the box art - so i apologise for thinking they were only rock monsters. It just came across that way with a lot of the designs - only Lord Krakenskull looked like he might fit with a lightning/water subtheme.

Yeah, unsurprisingly, the Book of Monsters turns out to be the imprisoned form of Monstrox the "Necromancer."
The first year's story basically ended when he tries to take the body of Jestro/Clay, but is foiled by the other Nexo Knights during the final moments of the Ritual, hinting that Monstrox might still exist in some nebulous form...

The second year's story begins with the reveal that he did indeed, as an EVIL STORM CLOUD!!!
After literally zapping Jestro back to being evil, he shows that he can now also use some of his old "necromancy" powers to give life to anything with a face life, which is helpful since Monstrox old Monster army had been turned to stone.
The two then team up with a disgruntled, literal-minded sculptor who also has a grudge against Knighton due to the King exiling him.

Also, it turns out Monstrox used to be on a Wizards' Council with Merlok, but his studies into the "Forbidden Powers" of this year's focus drove him mad with evil power, forcing Merlok and the other Wizards to confront him in a costly battle, resulting in Merlok turning Monstrox and his magic into Spell Books while sealing away the "Forbidden Powers" in the far corners of Knighton.

While it makes sense in story, it's understandable everyone is kinda underwhelmed by the designs, as they basically just replaced the "Fire" of the Lava Monsters (Who are still alive and formed their own peaceful commune) with "Lightning" while keeping the same "Rock" base, while only a few of the Stone Monsters have near as much personality as their Lava predecessors/successors.

Edited by Whiteagle

52 minutes ago, Whiteagle said:

-snip-

Thanks for the summary. Though yeah, other than Jestro/Electro Jestro, i never really got the feeling that a majority of the villains were meant to be lightning and rock. They probably needed to do something with the details to show they were embued with the power of lightning or something.

Finally got my first set for 2017 and I am not sure how I feel about this year. Last year I was pleasantly surprised by this theme. The colors were fun and the Lava Monsters looked like Red Orcs which I found super useful in setting up my own Knights display with a more mature tone and back story. 

But the new line seems a bit colder in presentation. The colors are subdued and the power of the enemies looks and feels weaker and overall I am not sure I am excited for this year's line. The knights too seem like they got a downgrade in my eyes. The less bulky armor pieces make them seem less powerful. Also the sets don't feel nearly as cool as the first year's. In many cases they feel like rehashes. I loved the Ultimate Knights from last year the colors and prints were great and they look so good together, it was all bright and full of life and gave off a more adventurous tone. 

But maybe I am just getting old though. My kids loved the set I got (Ruina's Lock and Roller) they had so much fun pulling it about the floor. 

44 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

Thanks for the summary. Though yeah, other than Jestro/Electro Jestro, i never really got the feeling that a majority of the villains were meant to be lightning and rock. They probably needed to do something with the details to show they were embued with the power of lightning or something.

I think the lightning details should be obvious enough with most of the more unique monsters. Ruina and the Roguls, for example, literally have lightning patterns on their torsos and lower bodies. The Grimroc and Stone Colossus each have lightning-patterned wings, and the former has lightning bolts coming out of its fingers. A lot of the monsters also have lightning-themed weapons. The only monsters that don't have really strong electric design cues tend to be the weaker ones like Stone Stompers and Bricksters.

Picked up two copies of the new Stone Monster pack today at the Lego Store. Contrary to popular belief, I actually think it's a good army builder (If it wasn't for the price :hmpf_bad: ) and the two "generic" Stonies look great in the front lines of the army. Still have just fifteen Stone Monsters though, as I'm quickly discovering that they're much harder to army-build than the Lava Monsters.

1 hour ago, BrickJagger said:

I actually think it's a good army builder (If it wasn't for the price :hmpf_bad: ) and the two "generic" Stonies look great in the front lines of the army. Still have just fifteen Stone Monsters though, as I'm quickly discovering that they're much harder to army-build than the Lava Monsters.

Yeah, it's now $4.32 USD per figure instead of $4 USD, and for even less pieces at that...

I think one of the biggest reasons the Stone Monsters are harder to army build is their lack of a $10 USD set of their own.
Lava Monster had both the Chaos Catapult, the Glob Lobber, AND their own Ultimates, as well as presence in the Knighton Battle Blaster.

The poor stone monsters only have a Stone Stomper in the King's Artillery, everything else is a $20+ set.

I am tempted to get Aaron's set when it releases just for Krakenskull; and his steed, I suppose. Haven't exactly bought any of the sets this year. I hope we see that helmet in black one day, it would be the perfect piece for a "dark lord" figure (hopefully without printing)

The cape looks nice, too.

21 hours ago, Whiteagle said:

Yeah, it's now $4.32 USD per figure instead of $4 USD, and for even less pieces at that...

I think one of the biggest reasons the Stone Monsters are harder to army build is their lack of a $10 USD set of their own.
Lava Monster had both the Chaos Catapult, the Glob Lobber, AND their own Ultimates, as well as presence in the Knighton Battle Blaster.

The poor stone monsters only have a Stone Stomper in the King's Artillery, everything else is a $20+ set.

And it doesn't make it any better that the Shrunken Headquarters polybag is nowhere to be found where I live. :hmpf:

On the bright side regarding the battlepack, I noticed that the figures have the square of paint of their necks that are indicative of the torsos being made somewhere other than China. That's a step up if there ever was one. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, BrickJagger said:

And it doesn't make it any better that the Shrunken Headquarters polybag is nowhere to be found where I live. :hmpf:

On the bright side regarding the battlepack, I noticed that the figures have the square of paint of their necks that are indicative of the torsos being made somewhere other than China. That's a step up if there ever was one. :thumbup:

This Shrunken Headquarters polybag is everywhere where I currently stay (Malaysia).

It is in one of the cheapest promotion ever... you get this for spending for 50 MYR (11.50 USD) or more in any Nexo Knights set. If you buy all the small sets individually you can easily accumulate an army of this. Unfortunately, I can't find the monster Battlepack in any stores yet...even the previous one... until now. 

2 hours ago, makoy said:

This Shrunken Headquarters polybag is everywhere where I currently stay (Malaysia).

It is in one of the cheapest promotion ever... you get this for spending for 50 MYR (11.50 USD) or more in any Nexo Knights set. If you buy all the small sets individually you can easily accumulate an army of this. Unfortunately, I can't find the monster Battlepack in any stores yet...even the previous one... until now. 

I now have about 40 of that guys... and to think I'm not fond of them!

21 minutes ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I'm sure there is an alternate universe where I have more army than you. But in this universe, I won't even try. :laugh:

I just bought the good guys in battle suit yesterday after the anticipation of 50% off (but actually ends up around 43% only)... But I don't see myself getting more of the stone lightning monsters. Cominh from the fire/lava monsters, they look like a downgrade in details, except those with wings.

Just now, makoy said:

I'm sure there is an alternate universe where I have more army than you. But in this universe, I won't even try. :laugh:

I just bought the good guys in battle suit yesterday after the anticipation of 50% off (but actually ends up around 43% only)... But I don't see myself getting more of the stone lightning monsters. Cominh from the fire/lava monsters, they look like a downgrade in details, except those with wings.

At Fabrik in Legoland Deustchalnd there were headgears and torsoes... I had a source for heads and put them regular sand blue legs and voilà.

1 minute ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

At Fabrik in Legoland Deustchalnd there were headgears and torsoes... I had a source for heads and put them regular sand blue legs and voilà.

Good for you. I'm probably going to get them when the parts appear in build-a-minifig locally. Ninjago parts started to appear a year ago so I hope Nexo Knights will appear as well.

I just want to add that even if the sets for next wave will still come out, I am sure that Nexo Knight will end up with the "Chima" status. Even with truckloads of promotions and freebies, I see local stores marking Nexo Knights with "overstock" stickers.  I can't find your comment on 75% discount but I am sure it's not just me you are quoting. To those who says that it is just anecdotal needs to understand that while you are in Europe, I am in Asia. And yet, we share the same anecdotal stories.

Just now, makoy said:

Good for you. I'm probably going to get them when the parts appear in build-a-minifig locally. Ninjago parts started to appear a year ago so I hope Nexo Knights will appear as well.

I just want to add that even if the sets for next wave will still come out, I am sure that Nexo Knight will end up with the "Chima" status. Even with truckloads of promotions and freebies, I see local stores marking Nexo Knights with "overstock" stickers.  I can't find your comment on 75% discount but I am sure it's not just me you are quoting. To those who says that it is just anecdotal needs to understand that while you are in Europe, I am in Asia. And yet, we share the same anecdotal stories.

I didn't see people calling it anecdotal, but thanks for reporting me.
Well, to reply whoever said such, it's not anecdotal if a lot of people experience the very same + you find hard discounts on shop.lego.com + you find discounts in LEGO stores + you find discounts in LEGOLAND Deutschland. It's simply refusing the obvious :D

Hey guys, you might want to check Bricks & Pieces. They have pretty much all the thunder rock villian parts available! :sweet:

Edited by Exetrius

Just now, Exetrius said:

Hey guys, you might want to check Bricks & Pieces. They have pretty much all the thunder rock villian parts available! :sweet:

Good news for EU and US... but sadly, shop.lego.com does not ship to Asia. Not even Korea that has their own S&H. 

Even if they say Asian market is important. :thumbdown:

44 minutes ago, Exetrius said:

Thanks for the heads up! I've just ordered a few Rogul minifigs since I won't be buying either of the sets they come in.

14 hours ago, Exetrius said:

I don't seem them when I check... 

13 hours ago, JasonEffex said:

Thanks for the heads up! I've just ordered a few Rogul minifigs since I won't be buying either of the sets they come in.

It says out of stock, but maybe they were available for a minimum amount of time. I don't see his pieces available either...

17 minutes ago, Amazing Bricks said:

I don't seem them when I check... 

It says out of stock, but maybe they were available for a minimum amount of time. I don't see his pieces available either...

I'm in the same boat. It looks like UK/EU got an update but the US didn't (yet).

17 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

I'd gladly take those off your hands if you would like :grin:

2 hours ago, Umbra-Manis said:

I'm in the same boat. It looks like UK/EU got an update but the US didn't (yet).

Ahh, that makes sense. Thanks for the clarification.

10 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

I'd gladly take those off your hands if you would like :grin:

Those would be 40 less in my collection of over 6000 minifigures. I'm sorry I can't allow this.

Edited by Itaria No Shintaku

On 23. 4. 2017 at 9:44 PM, Penkid11 said:

Read all the pages you missed please. Don't skim over them.

Sorry, I just wasnt sure and wanted clearification. I apologize.