Just to let you know, there is a sale in Austria:

there is 20 % off on almost everything at Thalia online shop for first time customers.

Which means that you can get the EW160E for € 72 including free shipping. This is the best price in Austria currently, at least according to my recherche yesterday evening...

There are many other Lego sets available too....

Have fun!

Ps: Here is the needed code to get the discount: AFFNCUTHA

Edited by DoomedACE

Thanks for the LDD file, very cool, I can test some modifications. :)

For the render: I don't remember any light setting in LDD, but a fixed one. You can change the lightness via rotating the whole model in LDD by 90-180-270 degrees. Try each, and You will see which is the best in Bluerender.

For the render: I don't remember any light setting in LDD, but a fixed one. You can change the lightness via rotating the whole model in LDD by 90-180-270 degrees. Try each, and You will see which is the best in Bluerender.

I reckon there are light settings in your rendering program (BlueRender). There's no option for this in LDD.

Thanks for the LDD file, very cool, I can test some modifications. :)

Pleasure is all mine

I tried rotating the model but it doesn't do much... :hmpf_bad: after reading and browsing the bluerender topic I assume that black is just a difficult colour

Before rotation

640x360.jpg

After rotation

640x315.jpg

@ Jim

There should be light settings but Im not much of a coder/programmer :laugh:

Edited by Siegfried Meyer

The Volvo sure does look stunning, can't wait for all the images ones Jim's review is live :wink:

Screenshot%202016-08-13%2007.29.52.pngScreenshot%202016-08-13%2007.30.52.pngScreenshot%202016-08-13%2007.31.53.png

I just finished the build, and just confirmed my thoughts on this set. Very well built, great playability, nice look.

I don't have any problem with the valve control, for me works everything pretty logical. :tongue:

The only ambivalent thing: there is a lot small pieces assemblies, which might be needed for replicating the colour scheme, but I still have a feeling, that many solutions could have been done simplier.

But anyway, You get a lot of interesting sub-assemblies, and very inspiring ones! :thumbup:

And would look also better with yellow 3x11 panel on the left side as well - even with or without sticker -, small mod which is easily can be done.

800x450.jpg

Not the exact same scale, but looks proud with the 8265. :sweet::thumbup:

800x375.jpg

The Volvo sure does look stunning, can't wait for all the images ones Jim's review is live :wink:

Screenshot%202016-08-13%2007.29.52.pngScreenshot%202016-08-13%2007.30.52.pngScreenshot%202016-08-13%2007.31.53.png

Still hate the loose hanging pneumatic hoses, when I've bought this set, will buy metal tubes that fit the Lego clips and connect the hoses to them like on 8868.

Still hate the loose hanging pneumatic hoses, when I've bought this set, will buy metal tubes that fit the Lego clips and connect the hoses to them like on 8868.

I'm having a similar idea, was planning on using hard lego hose to tidy up the boom. I'm not a fan of the clamshell bucket either, I'm pondering on converting it to a regular bucket with pneumatic tiltrotator :D The problem is that it requires even more pneumatic lines to be drawn, so we'll see if there's room when the time comes.

Will change mine to regular bucket to, or fixed clamshell buckets, don't like the loose hanging configuration off these.

http://www.beco-vianen.nl/ssg.html

Want to put something on like in the above link.

A rotating one.

Edited by Dafgek81

I've built the B model now as well, and it's hard to believe, but the pneumatic hose routing is even worse than the A model…...

they end up draging along the ground below the model, and that is following Legos instructions. I think this will need improving.

I've built the B model now as well, and it's hard to believe, but the pneumatic hose routing is even worse than the A model…...

they end up draging along the ground below the model, and that is following Legos instructions. I think this will need improving.

The way TLG does pneumatic hoses these days is rubbish.

They should do it like in the old days, even the old small pneumatic mobile crane had tubing and no loose hoses.

8868 Was the most beautiful pneumatic system TLG has made so far as in routing them.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=6395731

I've rebuilt a Mercedes Benz Actros 4150K, the original is from Sandman.

I've used a lot of blue and white tubing to route the pneumatics as neat as I possibly could.

Looks sleak tk me.

You can also see the painted pneumatic cylinders on the crane, I know some people would want to kill me for this, but it looks so much better this way.

A question to the moderators: Is it possible and desirable to add a poll to rate this set, similarly as the Claas and the BWE? Maybe it's an idea to add a poll for the B-models as well? This set is the first set which has persuaded me to buy two of them, for the A- and B-model and I'm having fun modding the L30G.

A question to the moderators: Is it possible and desirable to add a poll to rate this set, similarly as the Claas and the BWE? Maybe it's an idea to add a poll for the B-models as well? This set is the first set which has persuaded me to buy two of them, for the A- and B-model and I'm having fun modding the L30G.

The Poll will be posted with my review. It's not a bad idea to include the B-model from now on. Thanks for the tip.

And yes, I am working on the review :wink:

So Jim's review will be available on Dec 1st, the common embargo date, I guess? :grin:

Sounds doable :laugh:

I'd say late August, sorry. Just started working on it.

Not pushing, just being curious, but you seem to be stretching the definition of 'late August' a bit...;)

Edited by rener

Any idea when this review'll be published?

I think looking at previous posts that Jim's aiming for the 1st December :wink:

It is used to secure the lighting wire in case you motorize the set. You can see that in the instruction, page 233.

Edited by nguyengiangoc

Ah, so! I knew that was a possibility, but couldn't figure out what could it possibly do.

Thanks!