Quicksilver

Marvel Superheroes 2016 Rumors And Discussion

Yeah, I know all about VIP points and such, although I think free shipping from Shop@Home in the UK is £50 and under not £35 unfortunately. I may just end up getting it from there in the end.

That's a little bit rotten that it's a TRU exclusive.

I have a solution for you. Buy it along with Doctor Strange set and you have free shipping included. :devil:

Still no clue about the polybag? I'm kinda hoping it's another iron man variant, but I can't imagine there's much they could do that would be relevant. Ant Man would be the best surprise.

Still no clue about the polybag? I'm kinda hoping it's another iron man variant, but I can't imagine there's much they could do that would be relevant. Ant Man would be the best surprise.

Personally I would hope for the home-made Spidey suit. But no, I just talked to AB the other day, and he still doesn't know anything about it.

I have a solution for you. Buy it along with Doctor Strange set and you have free shipping included. :devil:

Not sure what the British prices are, but I can tell you that in my case adding the Ghost rider set helped me obtain free shipping, and it is worth it, in my opinion.

I just received the Tanker Truck Takedown today, and honestly I like it much more than I thought I would. In fact, I would go as far as saying that it's one of my favourite sets of the year (though to be fair, I haven't bought terribly much LEGO this year). The truck is well designed was was pretty fun to build, the side-inclusions are a bonus and four minifigures (two exclusive, and one who is hard to find) for a licensed set of this size is certainly not something I'm going to complain about. Don't get me wrong though, the main attraction is Spider-Man, and I absolutely adore this minifigure. I'm happy that I bought the set mainly for him, everything else is a really nice bonus.

Overall, it's a great $/£30 set with a nice build that can fit into a Marvel display or city, and a brilliant lineup of minifigures.

Good idea, but I already have that set :sweet: it's really cool, I keep meaning to BL a bunch of dark tan plates and tan wall elements to expand the room.

I picked up the Doctor Strange set! Absolutely love it! I really hope that the polybag is the Doctor Strange movie villain. I think that is the only part of the set lacking. Unless that monster is the villain :grin:

I opened my Doctor Strange set on Thursday, and I love it! The build is satisfying, I love the bookcases/shelves. The portal monster is very interesting, a better Tentacle Trap then Doc Ock's! The minifgures are superb in my opinion, and the printed elements for Doctor Strange and the Ancient One are very nice. For $30 USD, 358 pieces is terrific! I love this set. One thing I changed however was the knob on the left for the cape to hang upon. I don't like to often remove minifigures' heads, so I figured I would not use this function often. I replaced the row the knob function is built into with a sand/tan 1x4 with studs on the side. I built a "framed" map onto the wall (the map from the Dol Goldur Hobbit polybag). I think it looks very nice, not at all out of place (sorry, I'm unable to post a picture as I don't have a photos sharing account)

So no polybag, what a darn shame....

Where'd you hear this? I remember a toysrus employee told me that a marvel polybag was coming. Also, the brick show had some info on it. Is it not coming?

Where'd you hear this? I remember a toysrus employee told me that a marvel polybag was coming. Also, the brick show had some info on it. Is it not coming?

I don't know, you tell me? There's been no news and the polybag for October is I'm assuming the SW First Order one.

I don't know, you tell me? There's been no news and the polybag for October is I'm assuming the SW First Order one.

The first order general is the September polybag. From previous years, the rocket raccoon polybag was revealed in October, and hulk was revealed during the end of September. There's still time.

The first order general is the September polybag. From previous years, the rocket raccoon polybag was revealed in October, and hulk was revealed during the end of September. There's still time.

e74663fac89c7089956775c53016fe.jpg

Usually when someone says "I heard from a TRU employee..." they get laughed out of the thread really fast. I'm sorry, but I would never bank my reputation on that kind of data.

Is it possible to cite sources in the future so we can gauge the reliability?

I heard it from a person who works at X

I saw prelims at Y

Someone who saw prelims or catalog images told me Z

I found an image on a website

Or is it not possible to cite sources when they are legit? (Obv. no names, urls, or identifying info, just generalities)

Is it possible to cite sources in the future so we can gauge the reliability?

I'd be in favor of this as a best practice. In general, I think a slightly more straightforward reporting of what people saw / heard, and from where would be helpful, and cut down on the number of pages of people guessing and extrapolating and circling around old info that's been discredited, which can get slightly maddening.

(...but of course I'd say that, I don't have any inside sources...)

Yeah. I don't really like the teases that sources make. Just tell us as much as you can when you have solid information, otherwise don't bother. I hate the guessing game.