Further to my earlier post, after I got that info from Hulk_Smash I asked him if there were any additional details that he could recall on the sets. Unfortunately, he could not recall anything specific. He said that he "flipped past them" and did not spend any time looking at them.

I know that people are getting frustrated at the void of information as am I. I'm grateful that Hulk_Smash took the time to tell me/us what he did. Based on that and the other bits of info we have, I think it is safe to say that the classic castle/steampunk castle thing is dead. This looks like a futuristic castle line with perhaps more sci-fi or space elements.

But I suppose on the bright side, now that we are starting to get some set descriptions (other boards are active with that stuff now), it should be just a matter of time before we get some more detailed info.

Well, compared to these Nexo Knights, the 2013 theme is starting to look positively outstanding. The touted „originality“ of this theme is pretty worthless if the „original“ bits are unusable in a castle setting (to the extent that this really is a Castle theme).

Of course the theme may still be a pleasant surprise – the LEGO movie Castle Cavalry set was OK, so a something similar could be good. But Im not holding my breath, with Robo horses and all.

I hope they will tone down any jellybean aspect, at least. Color-coded could be fine, after all, all previous factions used faction colors on their torsos or sleeves or legs.

Apprehensively waiting for pictures.

People are just discussing the same thing over and over again.

That's why we need new informations! If not, this thread will go nuts... :wacko:

I think it's pretty clear that this will be a ninjago type castle/knights theme aimed at children/kids. I expect whacky vehicles and characters.

It sounds more like a quasi-scifi fantasy adventure thing than Ninjago or KK2. I'm sort of predicting it to be a sort of DnD type thing, focusing on the events of a story, and not just the big locations and vehicles and everything. At least I hope.

That's why we need new informations! If not, this thread will go nuts... :wacko:

Anyone who can drop by a Lego store and throw a couple of questions? Maybe take the kids for a brick Sunday?

I'd do that, but I recently moved to a city where there's no Lego store.

Anyone who can drop by a Lego store and throw a couple of questions? Maybe take the kids for a brick Sunday?

I'd do that, but I recently moved to a city where there's no Lego store.

Asked a staff member (probably the wrong thing to do) about Nexo Knights and catalogs, all he told me about was the official catalogs and that I could find out about upcoming themes on LEGO fan sites. :hmpf_bad:

I think it's pretty clear that this will be a ninjago type castle/knights theme aimed at children/kids. I expect whacky vehicles and characters.

Regular retail stores get retailer catalogs to order what sets they do/do not want on their shelves or to see what kinds of product they should be expecting.

Lego Stores don't receive retailer catalogs from Lego as they receive all of their product directly from Lego regardless of store size, product amount, type, or size. They will never have any information until about 2 weeks in advance, and by then, we'll probably know more than they do.

Asking Lego Store Employees about future stuff is fruitless unless they have been following Toy Fair reveals. I've been asking for bits and pieces for years, and every effort has always been fruitless.

Edited by Penkid11

Asked a staff member (probably the wrong thing to do) about Nexo Knights and catalogs, all he told me about was the official catalogs and that I could find out about upcoming themes on LEGO fan sites. :hmpf_bad:

Thanks anyway.

Regular retail stores get retailer catalogs to order what sets they do/do not want on their shelves or to see what kinds of product they should be expecting.

Lego Stores don't receive retailer catalogs from Lego as they receive all of their product directly from Lego regardless of store size, product amount, type, or size. They will never have any information until about 2 weeks in advance, and by then, we'll probably know more than they do.

Asking Lego Store Employees about future stuff is fruitless unless they have been following Toy Fair reveals. I've been asking for bits and pieces for years, and every effort has always been fruitless.

I still don't know of the potential 'toy/hobby stores' near me that I recall selling LEGO would even HAVE a retailer catalog. I really wanna go see one lol :tongue:

If you want to see a retailer catalog, your best bet is to become friendly with the owner/manager of a local, independent toy/hobby/comic shop that sells the sets. All such outlets receive the retailer catalogs and have been known to let their good customers or friends "have a look". Given Lego's policies concerning the catalogs (NDA's and the like), there is no way that they will let you take pictures of the pages, etc. But they will let you "check it out" in their presence for a couple of minutes, thus committing to memory whatever you can. That, I believe is how the current batch of information is making its way through the boards.

Edited by TPLSTER21

So I'm thinking if LEGO has the pictures for the catalogs already they can also post them online? I don't see what the problem with that is, the earlier people see things the earlier they can get hyped and if people dislike it seeing the sets sooner or later is going to make no difference either?

So I'm thinking if LEGO has the pictures for the catalogs already they can also post them online? I don't see what the problem with that is, the earlier people see things the earlier they can get hyped and if people dislike it seeing the sets sooner or later is going to make no difference either?

Well, not only would that be totally against TLG's wishes, it would get a whole bunch of people in trouble. Especially since this year, they have specific watermarks for the confidential notice per store, so it could be tracked right back to the person who uploaded it.

I think part of the reason is to prevent copycat companies to make cheap knockoff copies of their stuff. Gives them time to do so before the final sets are released. The random Dutch/Sweden/etc toy shops online we usually find the prelims on aren't allowed to post the prelim photos (if they even have them)

I think.

Especially since this year, they have specific watermarks for the confidential notice per store, so it could be tracked right back to the person who uploaded it.

Has it been confirmed ? If I'm not wrong, this information comes from Nekchir, and we all know how true his leaks were... And there must be thousands of toy stores around the world which get the catalog, so I kinda doubt Lego would bother create as many different watermarks simply to prevent / limit the leaks.

Well, not only would that be totally against TLG's wishes, it would get a whole bunch of people in trouble. Especially since this year, they have specific watermarks for the confidential notice per store, so it could be tracked right back to the person who uploaded it.

I thought that rumor about the watermarks was fake :sceptic:

If it is ture, we won't get a thing this year :sadnew:

Edited by Robert8

Well

would they put the watermarks on the online prelims too?

If they are going as far as giving unique watermarks for each retailer, I wouldn't be surprised if they do the same with online prelims. It's even cheaper.

About the watermark: the individual marks would be plausible for the Lego Stores, as TLG delivers directly to them. Small hobby stores might also fall into this category. Large retail chains are another matter entirely, and would depend on their stock purchasing process and distribution.

Hmm good point, I didn't think about that... I think Nek was the one who said it.

Yeah, the "individual watermark" comment was likely something that Nekchir devised to back up his story and continue the charade for as long as he could. In any case, I highly doubt Lego would even do that as I believe another member who works in the printing industry said that it would necessitate the custom printing of individual catalogs which is simply not cost effective. Lego knows damn well that information and eventually set pics will get leaked. There is no way that they can be that naive. Their goal in that regard is to a) prevent it from happening for as long as possible and b) to try to stamp out set pic leaks as soon as possible as they happen. And to help them with that, they rely on the online Lego community to cooperate with them in that regard in exchange for which Lego gives them some perks/benefits/revenue.

Anyways.........trying to get back on topic. Any idea what might be in the set "Jestro's Companions of Darkness"? The name doesn't really give an indication but since the rest of the wave looks to be vehicle-focused I'm guessing it is a base for the enemy faction?