Wedge09

Collecting the pieces - Alexander Vandagant's search

Here there is my build for the Community freebuild Collecting the pieces: Alexander Vandagant's search. In this build I focused on making the collapse-effect of the house's basement in the muddy pond.

After the meeting with the others heroes partecipating to the missione, Alexander heads to the forest of Avalonia with two items underlined: the Explosive Fluid and the Exploding Ginger Eyelash.

After a while searching for information, Alexander is directed to the house of a so-called necromancer and alchemist deep into the forest. Heading to it, Alexander brings with him, in addition to his usual equipment, a shovel in case he need to dig.

When he reached the house, he found the basement without any trace of plants, it has only collapsed on one side in a muddy pond. On the basement there are a few flasks broken and a few intact with labels damaged by weather; cautiously, Alexander approaches the intact flasks and picks up them, trying to figure out what they contain.

After a while, he is able to understand the content of the flasks and exclaims: "Perfect, these are the elements I was watching for." While saying this, he put the flasks in his purse. A simple question arises in his mind: "Why this isn't overhelmed by the vegetation?" the answer came quickly, Alexander senses a strange feeling, as if there were residues of magic in that place, if it is a good magic or an evil, he can't say. Then he starts his journey back to Cedrica bringing the helement he found.

9719427172_133c214353_c.jpg

9719446686_f791129b5b_c.jpg

9716181489_6359554993_c.jpg

9716232889_3377896645_c.jpg

9716166183_3bc4a82efb_c.jpg

9719381882_7697d68936_c.jpg

I hope there is no problem if I use two items instead of one; C&C are always welcome and enjoy! :wink:

The angle you put the ruins at really adds to the run down feeling :thumbup: Excellent landscape too, my only suggestion is to do a base like you normally do, or extend the the plates a stud past the baseplates so you don't see the edges of the different colored baseplates :classic:

That's a really cool collapsing effect! Nice landscaping too!

Thanks Lord Vladivus :classic:

The angle you put the ruins at really adds to the run down feeling :thumbup: Excellent landscape too, my only suggestion is to do a base like you normally do, or extend the the plates a stud past the baseplates so you don't see the edges of the different colored baseplates :classic:

Glad you like my small work SK :classic: About the baseplates problem, my recent works aren't of a standard size and therefore I have to do a collage on different plates; I think your idea to extend the plates a stud past is really nice and I will try to use as soon as possible. :wink:

This is great! I like how you have the house sinking into the ground. :thumbup:

Glad you like it so much Masa :sweet:

great landscaping!

Thanks Sir Jonathan :classic:

that is awesome, nice collapsed building.

Thanks Bkrosell :classic:

Nice work, I really like the way that ruin sinks into the ground!

Good job with the photography as well :classic:

Nice work, I really like the way that ruin sinks into the ground!

Good job with the photography as well :classic:

Thanks Gideon, glad you like it :classic:

Nice ruin you created!! It really fits well in the landscape!

Thanks Damaximus, lad you like it :classic:

Landscape design: flowers and dense foliage landscaping - definitely +1

The tree is a bit on the simple side, but as long as the other two tree designs you claim later are more elaborate I can give you +1 for this as well (I will check when you apply for the degree :wink:)

I really like the collapsed ruins, slowing sinking into the surrounding landscape - the perfect picture of slow decay. :thumbup: I wasn't so sure about the way the flasks were strewn about though - my first thought was that some nearby orcs had been having a party and left thier empty tinnies lying about! :laugh: Maybe if you had shown a half demolished cabinet or something, some of the flasks spilling from it etc, it would make the story a bit clearer.

Certainly +1 for the dense ground foliage, very nicely done! However i'd like to see something a little more complex attempted for the tree.

UoP DoH +1

for one (of three) tree credit and for the flowers and dense foliage landscaping credit

Landscape design: flowers and dense foliage landscaping - definitely +1

The tree is a bit on the simple side, but as long as the other two tree designs you claim later are more elaborate I can give you +1 for this as well (I will check when you apply for the degree :wink:)

Same here - +1 for the flowers and foliage; partial credit for the tree.

I really like the collapsed ruins, slowing sinking into the surrounding landscape - the perfect picture of slow decay. :thumbup: I wasn't so sure about the way the flasks were strewn about though - my first thought was that some nearby orcs had been having a party and left thier empty tinnies lying about! :laugh: Maybe if you had shown a half demolished cabinet or something, some of the flasks spilling from it etc, it would make the story a bit clearer.

Certainly +1 for the dense ground foliage, very nicely done! However i'd like to see something a little more complex attempted for the tree.

Thanks for the tip and for giving me the credits :sweet: About the trees, I have plan to build something more complex :wink:

That's a really nice build you have there, I adore the collapse effect.

coolio sinking walls there :thumbup:

Thanks Tomsche and Gunman :classic: