alex54

Quick Magic box sets reviews

I start this topic for all the 4 sets, but I've only have one for the moment. I think that 4 topi

Cool so now I don't have to review them X-D

For now I got 2 of this one and 2 copters !! I need to snag more !!

Face it 2 kids meal is 8.80

I hope I can get my hands on these but doubt it..... :'-( :'-( :'-(

Great review Alex! :-) :'-( :-) :'-( :-)

Batbrick Away! >:-)

I love *wub* that stupid little set soooo much! They'd really better issue it here somehow or HEADS WILL ROLL! >:-(

Thanks for the great review! I was uncertain from the pics whether the umbrella dome was red or dark red and ... it's dark red! *wub*

I love dark red soooo much! They'd really better issue it here etc and blah blah and rolling heads and stuff. >:-(

Review On! *y*

Great reveiw! *y* I love *wub* these small promo sets, but I don't think we have any of those fast food chains in the states! You guys are so lucky!

Hey, If you've got extras, I'll buy'em! ;-)

Great little set, thanks for reviewing it!

I would like to have a cop y myself some day.

Hey, If you've got extras, I'll buy'em! ;-)

There is one seller at Bricklink selling this set (bloody expensive though...)

Here the Story :

I go to the Quick near of my house, after a hard day of work (very hard to be concentrated, with the idea of the week end and where I will go...) and ask the waiter:

Me : can I buy the "toy" without the food?

The waiter (with big eyes) : yes... but it will cost more without the food than with it..., it's free with the food

Me : I'm not interested in your food, just the toy please!

The waiter (always with big eyes) : ok, so it's 2

There is one seller at Bricklink selling this set (bloody expensive though...)

I don't like expensive! :'-( Maybe someone here'll be kind enough to offer one for sale. ;-)

I snagged all 4 sets today at the Quick Restaurant near Schoten (near Antwerpen). A few days back I already managed to get 4991 Police Helicopter and 4938 Firetruck in Quick Namur (Avenue de la Gare). In the Namur restaurant they had no other sets available at the time so they told me and I fell for that. :-/

In Schoten, the female manager was very helpful. She explained that they only had the 4992 Fire boat available at the counter as they wanted to avoid kids asking the people at the desk for certain sets which would cost too much time when people are waiting to be served. Tomorrow, they will have a different set, so basically they have some sort of rotation system which changes per day to keep the customers happy and which allows them to get a new set each time they return and order the Magic Box meal. When I asked for the other sets which were not at the counter, she immediately went to the storage room to get them for me. How nice! :-$

And I must admit, the 4991 Police Helicopter, 4992 Fire boat and 4938 Firetruck are quite simple but packed with useful elements. They fit the current Lego City theme in an excellent way since Lego always has police stations, fire stations and hospitals as part of the line. :-|

The 4937 Life Guard tower is admittedly the best one since it is so different compared to what is available in regular toy stores these days. It brings back that classic Paradisa and leasure feeling of the sets that were made prior to 1998 which has been a neglected subtheme for many years. Let's hope Lego will make more leasure and beach sets and if they do, they are definitely going into the right direction. *y*

Edited by jamtf

Nice review, thank you :-)

40 pieces for 2 euro is not expensive.

why didn't we have Quick's in Holland :'-( :-D

Don't worry. Rumour has it that the small 7602, 7873 and 7875 Creator sets surfaced in Sniggles Biscuits cookie packages in Coles supermarkets in Australia. And in the US these sets are available being part of the Mr. Magorium's Wonder Imperium set. They were available here a couple months ago in Europe at C1000 supermarkets and they seem to have gone now. So, Lego still makes the sets and subsequently introduces them in different parts of the world as soon as they find a suitable partner (such as a restaurant or a cookie factory) to team up with.

Unfortunately, the Quick Magic Box promotion only lasts until October 5 so there is only about 2 weeks left before it all ends. Perhaps it is possible to recreate the set (minus building instructions of course) with pieces coming from different sets. As far as I know, there are no unique pieces included so it should not be too hard to build.

Edited by jamtf

wow! I didn't even know they had Lego in magic box... And I live right next to the quick in Namur *wacko*

Gonna have to go check it out...

I bought this one at my local Quick, they asked me 3.5 euro and an extra 0,15 cent for using my debet card. The Magic box only costs 4.1 euros I should have bought the food aswell and give it to some bum outside.

I bought this one at my local Quick, they asked me 3.5 euro and an extra 0,15 cent for using my debet card. The Magic box only costs 4.1 euros I should have bought the food aswell and give it to some bum outside.

I guess the person at the counter decides for how much they sell them. Alex paid only

Edited by jamtf

Nice set. Its getting hard to find good sets with good female minifigs in.

(for my daughter you understand)

lol

Jof