Robert8

LEGO Minifigures licensed series

Best licensed collectable Minifigures series so far  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is the best licensed collectable Minifigures series so far?

• The Simpsons Series 1
    • The Simpsons Series 2
    • Disney
    • The LEGO Batman Movie Series 1
    • The LEGO Batman Movie Series 2
    • The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Series 1
    • Disney Series 2
    • DC Comics Series
    • The Wizarding World of Harry Potter Series 2

7 hours ago, williejm said:

If I was to try and guess 16, assuming this is a standalone set and not ‘the first series’:

Bugs, Daffy, Elmer, Porky,

Sylvester, Tweety, Grandma, Taz,

Yosemite Sam, Wile E Coyote, Road Runner (somehow), Speedy

Lola Bunny, Marvin Martian, Duck Dodgers Daffy variant, Bugs variant. 

I can’t see Foghorn making the cut, no idea how they will do Road Runner, but I feel it’d be weird if it’s not included, and I would very much like a Pepe le Pew... but I just dunno if he has a chance.  

I would want my Elmer Fudd to come with his wifle, not the obscure but so-very-2020 choice of scythe. Marvin should come with K-9. I am intrigued as to whether they would give Porky flesh legs or not. Pepe should only come with a restraining order tile. If Daffy doesn’t come with a standard minifigure head and a bill part in the moustache style, I will be disappointed. Obviously at this stage all of my pleas are hypothetical, for the sake of argument :grin:

8 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

I would want my Elmer Fudd to come with his wifle, not the obscure but so-very-2020 choice of scythe. Marvin should come with K-9. I am intrigued as to whether they would give Porky flesh legs or not. Pepe should only come with a restraining order tile. If Daffy doesn’t come with a standard minifigure head and a bill part in the moustache style, I will be disappointed. Obviously at this stage all of my pleas are hypothetical, for the sake of argument :grin:

Either he gets a wifle or we wiot

2 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Bugs variant

Brunhilda from What's opera, doc please! And viking Elmer to pair, nice way around giving him a rifle. Also wouldn't mind matador Bugs, definitely my favourite LT cartoon. Speaking of, Bugs' many women disguises would fill the "female characters quota" no problem :head_back:

10 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

So that it can spin around his neck ... you may have something there!

If Elmer Fudd does not get a rifle, then there will be loads of posts all over the internet showing LEGO how they should have done him, holding a LEGO rifle. I've just seen the images of him with his scythe. Now that is scary.

I thought you were joking about the scythe, but gosh, have they lost their mind? How is a scythe better? What kind of a hunter hunts rabbits (or anything) with a scythe? :wall:

2 hours ago, MAB said:

If Elmer Fudd does not get a rifle, then there will be loads of posts all over the internet showing LEGO how they should have done him, holding a LEGO rifle. I've just seen the images of him with his scythe. Now that is scary.

They should compromise and give Elmer the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch! :grin:

56 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

Elmer Fudd uses a shotgun, not a rife!

Used to. Wifle fits better, this is why...

13 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Either he gets a wifle or we wiot

I didn’t realise it was a blanket ban on firearms in LT cartoons, which means Sam doesn’t get his revolvers either. If this extends to explosions poor old Wiley is out of fun too. 

2 hours ago, williejm said:

So that it can spin around his neck ... you may have something there!

There is still some fun to be had.

The easiest solution to this would be not including Elmer at all

----------------

I wonder if they can reuse the Donald Duck parts for Daffy Duck

I assume the head is a no for sure, but the tail......

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The easiest solution to this would be not including Elmer at all

----------------

I wonder if they can reuse the Donald Duck parts for Daffy Duck

I assume the head is a no for sure, but the tail......

Nah, the easiest solution is include him with a gun, the way he has been depicted for 80 years. It’s not like he’ll be pictured shooting Bugs in any of the marketing. Given the violent themes that have found their way into Lego, either blatantly or more subliminally, I’m sure they can do this.

The twagic iwony of Ewmew being a tewwibwy usewess huntew who can’t say his own name, ow the condition causing it, can’t be ignowed.

14 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Nah, the easiest solution is include him with a gun, the way he has been depicted for 80 years. It’s not like he’ll be pictured shooting Bugs in any of the marketing. Given the violent themes that have found their way into Lego, either blatantly or more subliminally, I’m sure they can do this.

It is not like he has much success with the gun either.

I am hoping the rumors are true, and if this series does well, would love to see Animaniacs as well.

15 hours ago, sunhuntin said:

I am hoping the rumors are true, and if this series does well, would love to see Animaniacs as well.

@sunhuntin, now you're talking! I grew up watching that show along with countless other 90's kids!

I used to love the Looney Tunes back in the days. Would love to see those old cartoons again, but it’s always the newer stuff. If someone knows where i can watch the old cartoons, let me know!

If this series will be true i think i’ll need to buy the whole series :pir-murder:

5 minutes ago, Borex said:

I used to love the Looney Tunes back in the days. Would love to see those old cartoons again, but it’s always the newer stuff. If someone knows where i can watch the old cartoons, let me know!

If this series will be true i think i’ll need to buy the whole series :pir-murder:

I would recommend the "Golden Collection" dvds. There are 6 volumes, but they are excellent.  Still probably only about 40% of the entire catalogue though.

Edited by AquaSazers
forgot a word

47 minutes ago, Borex said:

Well, there are new Looney Tunes cartoons that are just like the old cartoons on HBO Max! I'd recommend watching them!

Thanks! No HBO overhere, but will look for the dvd’s. 
I have also dvd’s with cartoons of Tex Avery, and i really think these old cartoons help you grow a good sense of humor, and not feeling like outdated humor (I watch them with my daughter)

13 hours ago, Borex said:

Thanks! No HBO overhere, but will look for the dvd’s. 
I have also dvd’s with cartoons of Tex Avery, and i really think these old cartoons help you grow a good sense of humor, and not feeling like outdated humor (I watch them with my daughter)

I was actually referring to the HBO Max streaming service, not HBO.

HBO Max official website

15 hours ago, gedren_y said:

I'm wondering if Space Jam 2 has anything to do with this. If so, it will be next summer at the earliest.

It would be a letdown if they all have basketball jerseys on :-(