somelegothings_

Jurassic World 2015 Rumors & Discussion

From what I have seen and heard from online, the JW ToysRUs build contains a sticker and no printed piece for the sign. :hmpf_bad::cry_sad:

I am quite disappointed that the lego ideas didn't pass the jurassic park set. I was really hoping that it would kick start a new line.

Yeah, it's indeed a sticker. But hey, it's a great free LEGO build, I'd say.

18808310749_5ced6d7f84_z.jpg

18989086172_b86b3815a2_z.jpg

18371953434_ef713bff03_z.jpg

If they wanted the Mosasaurus to be size accurate he would have to be approximately 18.75 inches long because according to the Jurassic World site the T-Rex is 40 feet long, and is 12.5 inches long in Lego form, and the Mosasaurus is 60 feet long. 18.75 inches is huge so I don't see us getting a size accurate Mosasaurus unless he came in a D2C or unless we got a $130 like the Indominius Rex Breakout and then just got a very small structure instead of something like the I-Rex's Pen.

Ugh...

So I went to TRU at around 12 when the building started. There was a line and.... They ran out before I was able to build mine.

They did, however, have some extra stickers and instructions, so I picked up one of each. If I really feel the need, I can just order the parts.

Looks like according to the TRU ad, the Gallimimus Polybag is free with $30 purchase. This means, I'm probably stuck waiting until the sale ends to see if they show up in a bin for individual sale, like the Rocket Raccoon polybag. :angry:

Update: I hit the local TRU and they had the polybags in a bin with sign stating to take one to the register with purchase, however the bags also rang up on their floor scanners at $3.99. I took three to checkout and was able to buy them on their own with no additional purchase. Score!

Edited by Hawkman

I got my Gallimimuses. I wonder if there's more JW sets coming, since the Gallimimus is a very weird item to make a polybag exclusive.

I was also hoping there'd be an Owen polybag so I wouldn't have to pay full price for another Chris Pratt figure.

I got my Gallimimuses. I wonder if there's more JW sets coming, since the Gallimimus is a very weird item to make a polybag exclusive.

I was also hoping there'd be an Owen polybag so I wouldn't have to pay full price for another Chris Pratt figure.

Lego Dimensions pack has him, an ACU guy, and 2 (not-so-great) mini builds for $25. Yes, its expensive but better than $50… I guess. :sceptic:

(More value in the $50 set than in the $25 pack unless you are planing to play Lego Dimensions)

Edited by Legocity2713

From what I have seen and heard from online, the JW ToysRUs build contains a sticker and no printed piece for the sign. :hmpf_bad::cry_sad:

Not surprised. I wouldn't expect an exclusive printed piece with a Promo/Event build.

Not surprised. I wouldn't expect an exclusive printed piece with a Promo/Event build.

Yeah, I'm sure thats Lego's thinking too. They probably only had the Bat Signal build because they had some printed dishes from the Batcave that they could spare.

Even the old Rod "Torque" Redline from Cars 2 had stickers. I think its safe to assume that these builds, unless containing printed pieces already used in other sets will have stickers. But whatcha gonna do?

Looks like according to the TRU ad, the Gallimimus Polybag is free with $30 purchase. This means, I'm probably stuck waiting until the sale ends to see if they show up in a bin for individual sale, like the Rocket Raccoon polybag. :angry:

Update: I hit the local TRU and they had the polybags in a bin with sign stating to take one to the register with purchase, however the bags also rang up on their floor scanners at $3.99. I took three to checkout and was able to buy them on their own with no additional purchase. Score!

I just did the exact same thing 3 for $13. They had them behind the customer service desk. $3.99 each! I wish the set included was a little better, but I love the printed 2x2 tile. btw, is that tile exclusive to this set? i can't find it on brickset.

Edited by ARSLOCK

I just did the exact same thing 3 for $13. They had them behind the customer service desk. $3.99 each! I wish the set included was a little better, but I love the printed 2x2 tile. btw, is that tile exclusive to this set? i can't find it on brickset.

The tile is exclusive to the Polybag as far as I remember, yes. It's a great little piece. :classic:

Yeah its exclusive. I love it. Very nice little addition. :classic::thumbup: :thumbup:

Looking at this size chart, a LEGO Mososaurus doesn't look like it would be that difficult to create a mold for. I think the main reason we won't get a Mososaurus isn't because of how large it is, but because it's an aquatic dinosaur and there isn't really a way to build a set around it.

Looking at this size chart, a LEGO Mososaurus doesn't look like it would be that difficult to create a mold for. I think the main reason we won't get a Mososaurus isn't because of how large it is, but because it's an aquatic dinosaur and there isn't really a way to build a set around it.

Using that I was able to figure out that a Mosasaurus made to be scale to size with the T-Rex would have to be roughly 18 3/4 inches which i said in the last page.

....., but I love the printed 2x2 tile. btw, is that tile exclusive to this set? i can't find it on brickset.

The tile is exclusive to the Polybag as far as I remember, yes. It's a great little piece. :classic:

Yeah its exclusive. I love it. Very nice little addition. :classic::thumbup: :thumbup:

No, it's also in 75920.

Edited by afolaus

But it's quite different from the movie "size chart"

But it's quite different from the movie "size chart"

The Mosasaurus is bigger than the I-Rex, as seen in the film's finale....

The Mosasaurus would be longer than the T-Rex mould at least, and I would expect its head to be bigger than Rex's. They could do a mold of it, but scaled down.

The Mosasaurus is bigger than the I-Rex, as seen in the film's finale....

That was my point ;)

Edited by Kraby

That set only has stickers, unfortunately.

Apologies, I thought they were talking about the printed 1 × 4 yellow and black piece. I should learn to read what I quote.

Using that I was able to figure out that a Mosasaurus made to be scale to size with the T-Rex would have to be roughly 18 3/4 inches which i said in the last page.

Smaug comes in right around 19 inches all stretched out, but 8 1/2 of it's from his long thin tail alone and another 5 or so is his neck and head. I dunno if the mosasaurus would work because it is much thicker throughout it's entire body. Smaug also ate up most of the Lonely Mountain set's budget. It only had 5 minifigures and a little over 850 pieces for $130. If Lego were to do a mosasaurus set they would probably need to shrink the dino down, the stadium or brick built part of the set would be small, and the set would cost at least $130 (if not much more). Seems like a lot of compromises just to make a set for the mosasaurus that wouldn't have a ton of play features and would be weird since it's a water dino?

Edited by Deathleech