Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

I don't think there is any reason to complain about Disney not revealing sets, early pictures of sets are a privilege, not a right :classic:

I haven't seen them yet, do you have a link?!

Not with me right now, I'm sure you can Google search them and most likely you will find pictures there. Sorry, but I have no time to find the link right now.

While that art will be on the box, it's actually the instruction manual cover we saw, I think, hence no minifigs pictured on it.

You are correct, that's why no minifigure pictures were shown of that set.

In fact, it boggles my mind that anyone could angry about Disney trying to keep things secret, in advance of a movie that most people want to be shrouded in secrecy so that their viewing experience is not spoiled.

Just how are Lego sets are going to spoil the movie? All September wave sets are based on a vehicles we've seen in trailers( except Snowspeeder). How is seeing vehicles is spoiling movie? Besides other toy companies like Hasbro have already revealed their sets, why can't Lego do the same?

Besides other toy companies like Hasbro have already revealed their sets, why can't Lego do the same?

Lets be fair they revealed 1 vehicle and 2 action figures.

Lego has revealed 1 set(construction fig) and one "minifigure" (bb-8)

I will say it again...I despise the fact that Disney got the rights to Star Wars. I won't tell people that I'm disappointed with the fact that a new Star Wars film is coming out, but I am discouraged by the fact that this is now a Disney franchise. I dislike the company greatly. The fact that they're hiding everything makes sense from a pursuit of profit point of view. As the other member on the forum stated, they would buy all the sets in the "spur of the moment". Yes, that's exactly what Disney wants you to do. Spend a ton of money on products stamped with the logo of a very famous franchise. I'm beginning to fear that the movie may turn out to be abysmal and it wouldn't matter anyway because Disney's racking up the funds they received from any fan consuming products on September the 4th, the so-called 'Force Friday' or from fans going to watch the movie. I'm very afraid for this franchise and it's mainly because of Disney's eternal pursuit of greater profit. As I said before, this is my own personal opinion.

Jeez...someone's a negative Nancy...how can you despise Disney? They gave many of us some of pur best childhood memories and they still make great movies and products. Star Wars was practically dead and just living on nostalgia from past episodes (and the clone wars show but that's just a show) so we'd have nothing if they didn't take it off his hands. I think episode 7 looks great and I hope it can capture the wonder of the OT that many of us love.

Well said Ultron. So many haters here. This is a Lego forum, not a SW or other franchise forum. If I do or don't buy a set it's because I do or don't like the model, not the movie. And that goes for any theme. Sad to say that so far, apart from the Kylo Ren shuttle and the New Order Stormtrooper Battlefigure, none of the 'revealed' set are floating my boat. At this rate I'll be saving £100's for the UCS sets next year . . . if they are any good.

I haven't seen them yet, do you have a link?!

About 2 weeks ago, I compiled every leak that we have so far in several Imgur albums.

The reason I was able to do this is because I was pretty obsessive about saving ALL

of the leaks we've seen for the past 3-ish months. All pictures are untouched.

The main one. This contains the most prominent leaks that we have seen. (Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle, etc.)

Hope you like Captain Phasma, because that's what this album contains.

The most recent leak. First Order Ground Crew, Rey, and an Unkar Henchmen.

Hopefully this post is okay. Just wanted to refresh everyone's memory and give everyone a chance to see these pictures.

I agree that pictures ofthe sets should be officially released prior to the sets going on sale so that customers can decide what they are going to spend their money on, but for me at this point in time I can wait a month to see what they are going to look like and contain.

Even before the leaked pic the only set that was a must buy was the x-wing. I'll wait for a detailed review of the MF to see it in detail since I already own a MF 7965 and as for the rest I'll decide on in December when the film in released.

As frustrating as it must be for some I'm sure TLG would love to have put out pictures already but it's been much the same for all companies producing TFA merchandise.

I'm hoping at least the week or two before Sept 4th we get pics of some things. I'm a SW fan beyond Lego and there's just very little leaked and I'm wondering if I even want to push through any "midnight madness" releases and the like at the main toy stores.

I'm positive the figure in the video isn't Leia. She should have a light coloured vest, white gloves and the braided hairpiece seen on previous Hoth/Endor figures. Lego got it right with the 2011 minifigure - the only changes that needed to be made would have been using the Shuttle Tyderium face and possible leg printing.

*snip*

The figure in the video has a darker coloured vest, no gloves and a simpler hairstyle in reddish brown - just like Toryn Farr. The only inaccuracy is the closed vest which should be open for both characters.

Here's the action figures for comparison:

If you look again at the video you'll see that 2 other Rebel soldiers have the same torso as the female rebel, so it can't be Leia Edited by Lobot
Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

Jeez...someone's a negative Nancy...how can you despise Disney? They gave many of us some of pur best childhood memories and they still make great movies and products. Star Wars was practically dead and just living on nostalgia from past episodes (and the clone wars show but that's just a show) so we'd have nothing if they didn't take it off his hands. I think episode 7 looks great and I hope it can capture the wonder of the OT that many of us love.

Here, here Ultron. Finally, a voice of reason! Does Disney/Lego want people to go out buy all the Ep. VII sets on force Friday? Of course. I grew up with the OT and I'm just glad Disney has provided the opportunity for my kids to share the same sense of wonder that I did as a kid, and continue to do so. If someone goes into a store and impulsively buys all the sets on the day of release that they later regret (for whatever reason) that's hardly Disney's fault, or responsibility. Even if you do have buyer remorse Lego have one of the best returns policy in the business...you can even return opened sets for store credit within 90 days from purchase (policies may vary by region). Like most others reading this thread I love it when we get teasers of upcoming sets, whether it's official or unofficial. But Disney and/or Lego do not have a responsibility to us as consumers to pre-release information, that's just a bonus when it happens : )

But Disney and/or Lego do not have a responsibility to us as consumers to pre-release information

I couldn't disagree more. It's their responsibility as a company to provide consumers with a product.

How do they expect to sell that product if they don't even market it correctly? Only a handful of people (hardcore fans)

are even aware that LEGO is producing these sets. The only reason we know this is because of leaks, really. The mass

majority of casual fans likely don't even know that these products are coming. The only official mention of these sets directly

from TLG has been ONE teaser in a Brand Catalogue. That's not enough, honestly. They need to ramp up the marketing for

both the movie and the merchandise. This isn't just a problem with the marketing for the sets.

EDIT: Also, the longer they wait, the more leaks we'll get. I don't think TLG or Disney wants that.

Wouldn't it make much more sense to pre-emptively release official images before the leaks happen?

That way, we can see the sets as they're intended to be seen.

Edited by Nokturn

Only a handful of people (hardcore fans)

are even aware that LEGO is producing these sets. The only reason we know this is because of leaks, really. The mass

majority of casual fans likely don't even know that these products are coming.

The "mass majority" may not know these specific sets are on the way, with or without the specific minifigs we know of, but of course they know Lego will be producing TFA sets--they're not stupid--and that those sets will be available on Force Friday along with everything else.

The day itself has been marketed already, and will be more often over the next month, and that may well be enough. I'd wager most fans didn't know exactly what would be released for Midnight Madness in '99--I know I didn't, aside from maybe the Commtech thing which I thought was a waste of time anyway--but that didn't stop crowds lining up at TRUs across the country like on a crazy shopping spree, loading up their carts with Maul-emblazoned merchandise.

Star Wars was practically dead and just living on nostalgia from past episodes (and the clone wars show but that's just a show) so we'd have nothing if they didn't take it off his hands.

Say what? I thought millions of children were still enjoying the movies, children that had no nostalgia for the original movies, and I thought it was still one of the biggest franchises of all time, nowhere close to dying. Guess not.

I couldn't disagree more. It's their responsibility as a company to provide consumers with a product.

How do they expect to sell that product if they don't even market it correctly? Only a handful of people (hardcore fans)

majority of casual fans likely don't even know that these products are coming. The only official mention of these sets directly

from TLG has been ONE teaser in a Brand Catalogue. That's not enough, honestly. They need to ramp up the marketing for

both the movie and the merchandise. This isn't just a problem with the marketing for the sets.

Then I guess we will just have to agree to disagree. Personally I think there are too many premature "e-brickulators" - people wanting instant gratification via electronic images of sets that are close to release. But hey, if we all had the same opinion then we wouldn't be discussing it on this forum : )

Say what? I thought millions of children were still enjoying the movies, children that had no nostalgia for the original movies, and I thought it was still one of the biggest franchises of all time, nowhere close to dying. Guess not.

It might have been running out of steam... there were 3 more seasons of TCW planned, pretty much, and then that was it. Had 1313 happened, that might have sparked wider interest, but it would've still been during TCW's run and would've still been fairly brief... the EU would've continued and the books would've shifted focus more fully to Jaina Solo & Ben Skywalker, probably, and explored more Old Republic stuff to support SWTOR perhaps, or maybe launched beyond Dark Horse's LEGACY to tell stories in the far future. The comics... Brian Wood's SW was kinda floundering IMO, and the conceit of it pretending we didn't know ESB & ROTJ were out there (or the many other comics & whatnot that took place shortly after ANH and were supposedly still in continuity) wasn't very compelling... LEGACY 2.0 could've continued for a bit, and maybe some interesting miniseries things like Agent of the Empire or arcs of Dawn of the Jedi or Dark Times (we never did find out how K'Kruhk got from his mini-Jedi Temple on a distant farming world to being part of the LEGACY-era Jedi Order), not sure if Dark Horse had anything else planned for ongoing series. Otherwise there was just SWTOR keeping things going. SW wasn't dead, not like the late '80s, but it may have been starting a decline. The Disney sale rejuvenated it quite a bit.

It might have been running out of steam... SW wasn't dead, not like the late '80s, but it may have been starting a decline. The Disney sale rejuvenated it quite a bit.

Alright, that makes sense. Yeah, it's definitely been on a decline, but I haven't noticed it to be that major. I may be wrong though. It's still one of the best selling and most memorable franchises of all time, so even with it's decline, it would probably still be alive for a decade or 2 before it "died", possibly longer.

It is certainly, but it had nothing in production. Just kids TV shows. It's living and growing because of Disney. Who knows, it may have lived as just 6 episodes and some shows.

Also not sure why people are freaking out about when we see the sets. The movie is out in December. These sets are already releasing 3 months early, guys....I don't think Lego cares if people buy them now or buy them after seeing the movie (although I'm sure they'd prefer now). They will sell regardless of marketing or previewed set photos.

...no...

Their responsibility as a company is to make a profit. One part of how they do that by selling products related to the movie/IP. They will be releasing numerous products in support of the movie, and will most likely turn in profits well in excess of a billion USD. (Unless the film is somehow worse than Freddy Got Fingered, they'll be making half a billion on box office receipts alone.)

What they choose to do to market said products is not a responsibility to the customer, it is a responsibility to their corporate partners, such as TLG, Hasbro, TRU, etc. They believe that the best way to maximize profits on the sets is to delay and tease for the time being. The stores know what they will be getting to sell, that's all they really had to do. We will see the sets when the House of Mouse and TLG say it's time, and I'm pretty sure they are behind the better part of the 'leaks' that come out, anyways.

<Definitely most curious about the FO Transport... We really only think that we know which ship in the previews it is, we could be completely wrong.

Edited by rollermonkey

people wanting instant gratification via electronic images of sets that are close to release.

That's the only reason I'm getting very impatient. Like you said, it's close to release.

If the product releases were much farther away, I wouldn't be expecting pictures.

I really hope something is shown at D23. They blew their chance at SDCC to show something spectacular.

Hopefully they'll get it right this time. D23 is the last major event before September 4th, and I genuinely

don't see why they wouldn't reveal the sets then.

Thank you Nokturn (and others) . . . for being responsible for the mouthful of milk and muesli now sprayed across the kitchen.

Um . . . did you ever consider that just maybe, with the primary market for Lego being small humans generally unfettered by synicism, or prejudice (about OT/PT) and who's key interest in this is love of the brick or of anything that looks good . . . and that TLG who, BTW, are neither owned or controlled by the despised Disney dictatorship . . . or that said dictatorship, who dragged itself back from bankrupcy to become an incredibly successful fillm producing company . . . did it occur to you that these companies may actually know what they are doing? That by not releasing product information while the bricks are still cooling in their moulds they might actually be instilling a sense of anticipation in their primary market?

And as Venkefedo said, of course people will aticipate a new range of sets for TFA! You don't hear the Technic community stamping their hobnailed boots in frustration because images of the rumoured Technic Bycicle hasn't been released three months before the official product launch (and they're not combing over leaked images and complaining that it should have been a mountain bike with front and rear suspension and disc brakes rather than a hybrid road bike with side pull brakes and a panier rack) and are threatening to boycot the entire Lego range until they get a personal invitation from Jørgen Vig Knudstorp to validate their set choices and minifig selections?

No?

Didn't think so.

Rarely in this forum have I seen such astonishing naivete. . .

I've said it before (several times) and it has been said by several others (also several times) - try to have some patience and sense of anticipation people! There are good reasons why those two companies are among the largest and most successful companies in their field . . . they are very good at what they do . . . and they are easily big enough to weather the tantrums of a handful of bricktivists who seem to be over fond of their own voices.

There, I've said my piece. Lobot (or any other moderator), I'm happy for you to delete this comment. :-)

Thank you Nokturn (and others) . . . for being responsible for the mouthful of milk and muesli now sprayed across the kitchen.

Um . . . did you ever consider that just maybe, with the primary market for Lego being small humans generally unfettered by synicism, or prejudice (about OT/PT) and who's key interest in this is love of the brick or of anything that looks good . . . and that TLG who, BTW, are neither owned or controlled by the despised Disney dictatorship . . . or that said dictatorship, who dragged itself back from bankrupcy to become an incredibly successful fillm producing company . . . did it occur to you that these companies may actually know what they are doing? That by not releasing product information while the bricks are still cooling in their moulds they might actually be instilling a sense of anticipation in their primary market?

And as Venkefedo said, of course people will aticipate a new range of sets for TFA! You don't hear the Technic community stamping their hobnailed boots in frustration because images of the rumoured Technic Bycicle hasn't been released three months before the official product launch (and they're not combing over leaked images and complaining that it should have been a mountain bike with front and rear suspension and disc brakes rather than a hybrid road bike with side pull brakes and a panier rack) and are threatening to boycot the entire Lego range until they get a personal invitation from Jørgen Vig Knudstorp to validate their set choices and minifig selections?

No?

Didn't think so.

Rarely in this forum have I seen such astonishing naivete. . .

I've said it before (several times) and it has been said by several others (also several times) - try to have some patience and sense of anticipation people! There are good reasons why those two companies are among the largest and most successful companies in their field . . . they are very good at what they do . . . and they are easily big enough to weather the tantrums of a handful of bricktivists who seem to be over fond of their own voices.

There, I've said my piece. Lobot (or any other moderator), I'm happy for you to delete this comment. :-)

Well said. I've left another Star Wars forum because of all the moaning about TFA merchandise, please don't make me leave this one too.

As much as I'm anticipating my first official look at the sets, I'm kind of enjoying the intrigue. I imagine the that Disney and its toy partners are attempting to build up the excitement and get people to go to the actual stores on September 4th to get their first up-close look and purchase the toys. I sometimes miss the days of coming into a toy store and being surprised about what's on the shelf. Regardless of how you feel, it's nice chatting with people who are just as anxious for the sets as I am!