Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Wait why does Luke have a blue lightsaber? I thought he had a green one in RotJ?

Anyway, set might be my first SW purchase!

Wait why does Luke have a blue lightsaber? I thought he had a green one in RotJ?

Anyway, set might be my first SW purchase!

It might be the background and light refraction,or it's just a stand in.

Looks like the edge of the Tyderium's wing on the left there, tease!

It's killing me! I can't stand to wait anymore. I hope with this picture we'll see the others as well.

It might be the background and light refraction,or it's just a stand in.

Or whoever but the display together had an oops.

I doubt TLG would make that mistake, although saying that my old X-Wing set with Yoda's hut had a green lightsaber for Luke when it should have been blue so you never know...

I doubt TLG would make that mistake, although saying that my old X-Wing set with Yoda's hut had a green lightsaber for Luke when it should have been blue so you never know...

That was for Yoda, not Luke. At least according to the Star Wars set Encyclopedia from 2010.

They do look ridiculous. And, is it just me, or does it appear that not the most amount of effort were put into the two minfigures? C-3PO just has his head with a beard and a santa costume, and R2 just has reindeer antlers. Maybe just my opinion. :sceptic:

They do look ridiculous. And, is it just me, or does it appear that not the most amount of effort were put into the two minfigures? C-3PO just has his head with a beard and a santa costume, and R2 just has reindeer antlers. Maybe just my opinion. :sceptic:

Well, 3PO at least has new printing. Besides, the pair seems to be based on that old Lucasfilm Christmas Card.

Well, 3PO at least has new printing. Besides, the pair seems to be based on that old Lucasfilm Christmas Card.

The new printing is good. I don't think they're going to be the worst of the Advent Calendar characters, but I don't think they're the best, either.

ye pretty lacklustre effort, one can make mocs of those with existing droids with minimal effort, if that's all the advent has to offer will be an easy pass

I would guess that 3PO is just using a standard Santa torso from an old set as a place holder, and we'll get a new torso/ new print in the actual release...

Luke having the wrong color lightsaber for the scene is so easily fixed, I don't even know why anyone would complain about it.

...and Imperial Guards are dudes in voluminous red cloaks... Would you prefer they use the slope block used for skirts? It would certainly be more accurate...

Half the reason why pictures aren't allowed at the toy fair is that the sets are usually still in preliminary form, and they don't want to hear complaints about non-final product.

Edited by rollermonkey

The Final Duel looks ok but given I have the Death Star + 6 Royal Guards from various sets + a few different Emperors and Vaders and Luke from the EV I can't see myself getting it.

I don't have an Imperial Shuttle but I would rather have one with an Imperial crew than a bunch of Rebel scum. Good marketing from TLG I guess - if you want to do a Vader/Emperor arrival scene you will have to buy both sets. :sceptic:

The Final Duel looks ok but given I have the Death Star + 6 Royal Guards from various sets + a few different Emperors and Vaders and Luke from the EV I can't see myself getting it.

I don't have an Imperial Shuttle but I would rather have one with an Imperial crew than a bunch of Rebel scum. Good marketing from TLG I guess - if you want to do a Vader/Emperor arrival scene you will have to buy both sets. :sceptic:

You can just take all those Rebel Scum out and make it a regular Imperial Shuttle :wink: And I think they should actually make a new "Emperors Arrival" set. I will probably get the Shuttle Tydirium and the Imperial Assault Carrier, and maybe some small Rebels sets, and the Flash Speeder, but Final Duel may be one of the last on my list. But we'll see how I feel when it's released, I might change my mind. :grin:

...and this Emporer's Arrival set comes with... 1000 Stormtroopers, plus various offers and specialty troops?

Less than that and people will bemoan the inaccuracy and insufficient number of figures.

:tongue:

...and this Emporer's Arrival set comes with... 1000 Stormtroopers, plus various offers and specialty troops?

Less than that and people will bemoan the inaccuracy and insufficient number of figures.

If they had it 100% accurate, it'd be SO expensive :wacko:

Hm, I liked Palpatine's Arrest better, but I cannot really figure out why... perhaps it is because the elements don't seem well connected? The reactor shaft e.g. seems oddly placed to me. Still it has some really nice building elements.

...and Imperial Guards are dudes in voluminous red cloaks... Would you prefer they use the slope block used for skirts? It would certainly be more accurate...

Would not work for me. What I would like is a new robe piece, but in the absence of such a piece the current version of the Guard looks nice imo.

(And I want the Senate Guard, which could use the same robes).

Just realised something regarding the 75094 final duel set. The flat section with the alternating tiles appears to have two of those long 1 x 8 plate with door rail pieces on the side, and the female modified bricks sit underneath the bottom of the staircase. You can just see them poking out along the trim of the base. It looks like the set is designed to both expand and fold up, similar to the base from the 8038 play set, just with an extending piece.

Just realised something regarding the 75094 final duel set. The flat section with the alternating tiles appears to have two of those long 1 x 8 plate with door rail pieces on the side, and the female modified bricks sit underneath the bottom of the staircase. You can just see them poking out along the trim of the base. It looks like the set is designed to both expand and fold up, similar to the base from the 8038 play set, just with an extending piece.

Good catch.

While I don't have the Death Star set, this would be a must buy for me regardless.

Whaha, this made me laugh so hard. :tongue:

But indeed, we do need more stormtroopers!