Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Yeah, I was recently thinking how many different Star Wars vehicle sets we have gotten over the years... Very few new vehicles are left to be made

this statement is preposterous. there are still so many transportation methods of a galaxy far, far away yet to be fleshed out into plastic.

while not all as iconic as an All Terrain Armored Transport or an aluminum [sp?] :b falcon, there are still so many amazing designs left untouched.

anywho. I am intrigued at the thought of an Echo Base laid out in a similar fashion to the DS playset..

though like many of you I concur that a Bespin playset is far overdue, I also feel it's about time that Echo Base was done right (officially) in LEGO form.

|Tarfful

Edited by Tarfful

Sorry guys if this is "last year's news" but have you seen the "EMPIRE MEDIA" at LEGO site ?

http://www.lego.com/...rs/empire-media

The movies have some interesting figures (a doird with transparent head?!!). In the last movie there's a weird TIE fighter that VADER gets off... It doesn't look like any set we had so far.

plus I LOOOVE the join the empire poster :D

That Palpy is new I believe. I remember one similar but with black hands.This one seemed to be similar to the one in The Dark Side book except he's gray

"Only in LEGO stores or while supplies last"? So, is it only available by physically going to a LEGO store?

Okay, update on the rumored 10179 rerelease.

I spoke with the informant over the phone today about whether there was going to be an updated 10179. My bud was at the toy fair in NYC and supposedly they had a private behind closed doors event for dealers that showcased a few products we haven't seen yet. There was a falcon on display that was different than 10179 that had lights and new features.

However, according to my informant, this isn't the new UCS. They aren't remaking 10179. Period. Economically, lego felt it wouldn't work well with their intended market (children) and the price point would have made hard core adult collectors cringe.

I sat there on the phone disappointed when the conversation took another turn. There was another model on display that lego was pitching as the next BIG UCS. As I've stated previously, my informant owns a toy shop and isn't an über Starwars nerd but what was said next instantly turned my dissatisfaction over the rejected 10179 update for what is to come next.

I asked what the model was and what it looked like. I was informed that it has a huge piece count. The informant couldn't remember from months back.

The next part of the conversation, verbatim: (Me in Blue, Informant Black)

"What ship was it?"

"You know I'm not good with the names!"

"Describe it."

"It's a huge walker with for legs. The thing's giant."

"AT-AT, A T A T, Imperial Walker!?!"

"The last thing you said was it. Imperial Walker."

Now, my bud won't know if the lego group will be officially producing this as the UCS until February when the dealer catalog from lego arrives. As I was told, there are always things that are shown to people in the toy industry that never make it into production as is the case with the 10179 update. This could be the same situation with the UCS AT-AT. Will let you all know in Feb.

Additionally, I was informed that my informant was deeply disappointed because he won't be aloud to carry this set and a few others because Lego is only dictating certain stores to sell these exculsives and are continuing to produce "lego store only" exclusives.

I find the possibility of a UCS AT-AT intruiging considering Cavegod's AT-AT on cuusoo. Fits well with this reported Echo Base set. I didn't have time to talk with my informant on Echo Base but I'll see if I can get any info pertaining to that rumor. The Dealer catalog should be out around Feb and we'll get some verification for you all. :thumbup:

Joe

Edited by joebiwankenobi

I really hope we don't see a UCS AT-AT. I mean we have just had a system scale one released this year!

I understand where you're coming from. I just bought the system scaled one because I never thought they'd do a UCS model, but we'll see what happens come February. I don't know of sure what will be in the dealer catalog but I'll see what I can find out at that time.

I really hope we don't see a UCS AT-AT. I mean we have just had a system scale one released this year!

I really hope we do! I'd love a UCS AT-AT, but god damn it Lego you really need to release a UCS MF again.

UCS at-at? Yes please. I've never been tempted to buy a UCS set because of how expensive they are, but if we get a UCS at-at that might all change. It's my favorite star wars vehicle.

yeah, but we did have a new x wing in 2012 and then get a UCS in 2013, it doesn't really bother me if they run side by side.

I would be so rapt to get this one! don't feel like a MF is required unless its a TFA one, however a UCS At-AT would be awesome, hopefully it could store 40 snowtroopers (I'm not saying that I want it to come with them just the capability to have them). Not sure that we'd get 3 UCS sets in a year and a massive system environ like Hoth in the one calendar year though, maybe a stretch too far...

The rumor on the Echo Base set interests me. My guess would be a $250 dollar lego exclusive set to replace the Ewok Village whereas the UCS would be the AT-AT might replace the deathstar? When I talked to my informant there was a price range stated but I want to confirm that when I meet face to face to discuss some of this further. I didn't hear anything about Echo Base and considering it's rumored to be a exclusive set I doubt it will be in the catalog. I'll find out what I can for you guys.

I spoke with the informant over the phone today about whether there was going to be an updated 10179. My bud was at the toy fair in NYC and supposedly they had a private behind closed doors event for dealers that showcased a few products we haven't seen yet. There was a falcon on display that was different than 10179 that had lights and new features.

However, according to my informant, this isn't the new UCS. They aren't remaking 10179. Period. Economically, lego felt it wouldn't work well with their intended market (children) and the price point would have made hard core adult collectors cringe.

I sat there on the phone disappointed when the conversation took another turn. There was another model on display that lego was pitching as the next BIG UCS. As I've stated previously, my informant owns a toy shop and isn't an über Starwars nerd but what was said next instantly turned my dissatisfaction over the rejected 10179 update for what is to come next.

I asked what the model was and what it looked like. I was informed that it has a huge piece count. The informant couldn't remember from months back.

The next part of the conversation, verbatim: (Me in Blue, Informant Black)

"What ship was it?"

"You know I'm not good with the names!"

"Describe it."

"It's a huge walker with for legs. The thing's giant."

"AT-AT, A T A T, Imperial Walker!?!"

"The last thing you said was it. Imperial Walker."

Now, my bud won't know if the lego group will be officially producing this as the UCS until February when the dealer catalog from lego arrives. As I was told, there are always things that are shown to people in the toy industry that never make it into production as is the case with the 10179 update. This could be the same situation with the UCS AT-AT. Will let you all know in Feb.

Additionally, I was informed that my informant was deeply disappointed because he won't be aloud to carry this set and a few others because Lego is only dictating certain stores to sell these exculsives and are continuing to produce "lego store only" exclusives.

I find the possibility of a UCS AT-AT intruiging considering Cavegod's AT-AT on cuusoo. Fits well with this reported Echo Base set. I didn't have time to talk with my informant on Echo Base but I'll see if I can get any info pertaining to that rumor. The Dealer catalog should be out around Feb and we'll get some verification for you all. :thumbup:

Joe

Strange post :sadnew:

TLG's intended market with UCS/similar 10xxx/D2C sets have never been children, it has always been customers who earn their own money

The amount of AFOLs today are way higher than when the 10179 was for sale. couple that with SW7 and I see no problem for TLG to sell a 500USD Falcon. IT may take quite some years, but that 'new' Falcon from Sw7 will probably also be in SW8/9 .. that's loads of years to sell +10.000 of those (which is quite a bit less than the 10188, btw)

The indy dealers I know of are not invited to such meetings or are privy to that info anymore simply because they cannot sell those sets. TLG have change the game completely. So it's a bit wierd your 'bud' was in on that meeting

While there's gonna be an AT-AT in the SW7 all we know so far is that it's being used as a converted home/base for some of the main characters. We do not know if they're gonna roam the planet like in ESB. We _do_ know the Falcon will play an important role and when SW7 hits the cinema StarWars is going to be so massively in our face everywhere, everyday, all the god damn time until we puke (of pure joy of course!) and then SW8 double that, Sw9 triple that ... <head explodes>

So yeah, TLG can sell a 500USD Falcon next yeah. An AT-AT? Not so much, and definitely not Cavegod's, awesome as it is

Nice that we'll get another Hoth base, but just step back for a second and think just how darn big it has to be to be in scale with an AT-AT :wink:

Cheers,

Ole

Kinda gutted, but to be expected considering the price they'd have to make it for the piece count they'd need to make it anywhere near as good as the previous. At least I can consider starting bricklinking one :P

On the other hand, if this UCS AT-AT/Hoth thing occurs... We had a 'UCS' motorised AT-AT... and knowing how big CG's version is and how it could potentially be unstable for a marketable AT-AT at that size, a smaller but still detailed version, set with a Hoth scene could make some sense.

Who knows :wacko:

I did a little bit of research on Brickset today:

• In 1999 (Episode I was released), we got thirteen sets, eight were Episode I sets.
  • In 2002 (Episode II was released), we got fourteen sets, six were Episode II sets.
  • In 2005 (Episode III was released), we got fourteen sets, eleven were Episode III sets.
  • In 2008 (TCW film was released), we got fifteen sets, ten were TCW sets.

I feel like we might get one set for Episode VII or an early Winter 2016 wave in December. But I think that the past can help us with what we'll see in the future with saga and spinoff films in the future. If you all remember Gareth Edwards' and Gary Whitta's film comes out in December 2016.

All of those sets you mention were at retail before the movie though, highly unlikely we will get Ep 7 wave after theatrical release and not before it...

Strange post :sadnew:

TLG's intended market with UCS/similar 10xxx/D2C sets have never been children, it has always been customers who earn their own money

The amount of AFOLs today are way higher than when the 10179 was for sale. couple that with SW7 and I see no problem for TLG to sell a 500USD Falcon. IT may take quite some years, but that 'new' Falcon from Sw7 will probably also be in SW8/9 .. that's loads of years to sell +10.000 of those (which is quite a bit less than the 10188, btw)

The indy dealers I know of are not invited to such meetings or are privy to that info anymore simply because they cannot sell those sets. TLG have change the game completely. So it's a bit wierd your 'bud' was in on that meeting

While there's gonna be an AT-AT in the SW7 all we know so far is that it's being used as a converted home/base for some of the main characters. We do not know if they're gonna roam the planet like in ESB. We _do_ know the Falcon will play an important role and when SW7 hits the cinema StarWars is going to be so massively in our face everywhere, everyday, all the god damn time until we puke (of pure joy of course!) and then SW8 double that, Sw9 triple that ... <head explodes>

So yeah, TLG can sell a 500USD Falcon next yeah. An AT-AT? Not so much, and definitely not Cavegod's, awesome as it is

Nice that we'll get another Hoth base, but just step back for a second and think just how darn big it has to be to be in scale with an AT-AT :wink:

Cheers,

Ole

I get where you're coming from and that's why I am somewhat confused myself regarding what I heard from my friend today. The possibility of cavegod's model being a reality on shelves is in my opinion zero. However the majority of the fan designed sets that are accepted by the lego group always go through tweaks from the prototype to the finished product. Plus the UCS Falcon was 5000 pcs and cavegod's model is I think around or over 6000? If they were to release that model price point would be $600-800 USD?

I also agree with you about the fact that lego does have a collector market in addition to children. However, the falcon he was talking about that was on display seemed like it would sell for $800-1000 USD. There was talk that it had lights and numerous features (no talk of an interior) but there was sounds? In my opinion, I believe that it was a model they had as a display for the show and not for intended retail release. People have voiced that they were disappointed with the possibility of a 10179 rerelease and what that would do to the secondary market. I honestly believe that lego values that people collect products because when they do rereleases of UCS sets they are never the exact same beast as the previous iteration.

Now the question is whether the AT-AT was also only a display model? When we talked I was under the assumption that it was the next UCS. I couldn't get a confirmation on the piece count but rather an estimate, which was larger than 10179. The price was high, too. :sceptic:

As far as not being able to sell a UCS AT-AT in place of the Falcon, lego did produce the UCS Executor? I wouldn't role out an AT-AT. To me, the most iconic vehicles from the OT are the X Wing, TIE, Falcon, AT-AT, and AT-ST.

Then, there's the possibility that this could be from Episode VII. Supposedly there's some new four legged walker that is supposed to appear either in the upcoming film or the next. :wacko:

Another possibility is that it was a proposed UCS that won't reach production. There was a pic from a few years back from some lego offices that showed in the foreground a shelf that had numerous UCS sets that, at that time, weren't released USC sand crawler update and UCS Slave 1. But, the photo also showed USC sets that have yet to be made or never were put into production like the USC Droid Starfighter and the medical droid. :wink:

I don't know anything about the Echo base set but doubt that they'd try to combo it with an AT-AT in it. I can see both sets being released at the same time frame with Echo base being a replacement for the Ewok Village at around $250 USD and the big UCS being the AT-AT as I was informed. But that's just my speculation. :sweet:

Time will tell what exactly we'll be seeing next year and I'll inform you all once I get more information worthy of posting here. I don't want to fuel the flames of false information. Once I have definitive information, you can be sure I'll be happy to share it. :classic:

This whole rumors began as the UCS Falcon reboot and morphed into a UCS AT-AT rumor over the phone. I don't want it becoming an ever malignant rumor that spreads like an evil cancerous infection into the hearts and minds of fellow lego Starwars aficionados poisioning the perception of the upcoming lego Starwars season.

Ok maybe that last sentence was a little too much but you get my point. :laugh::grin::tongue:

I'm not going to post anymore on the next UCS until I get rock solid evidence. :thumbup:

My bud was at the toy fair in NYC and supposedly they had a private behind closed doors event for dealers that showcased a few products we haven't seen yet. There was a falcon on display that was different than 10179 that had lights and new features.

Which 'the toy fair in NYC' would that be? It can't be 2015's NYC toy fair, since that hasn't happened yet. And if it was last year's, I'm sure other people would have similar information. What toy fair does this refer to, then?

Which 'the toy fair in NYC' would that be? It can't be 2015's NYC toy fair, since that hasn't happened yet. And if it was last year's, I'm sure other people would have similar information. What toy fair does this refer to, then?

I'll get to the bottom of it. I may have misheard but I thought it was in NYC. It wasn't the NYC toy fair because that has already past and the next one is in late February of 2015 I think? The event was a private function of some sort, and that I do know. I was more focused on the info at the time. It'll be interesting to find out exactly what show or event it was, and if it was private, I don't know how much I can talk about it. It's going to take time for a response though, toy shops are busy all the time during the holiday season and his is no exception.

I am really curious as to how Echo Base is going to be done. I mean they can't set it out like the Death Star or the Ewok Village really, and it can't be just one big baseplate can it?