Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

Hm, an in parts devided set might indeed be possible - but this way I can only imagine that it would be sold in regular toy shops and not being an Exclusive.

Maybe summer 2015 will see a Twin Pod Cloud Car and a CC 1 (with Vader vs. Luke duel, the lounge where Boba waits for the Rebels and a landing platform). And then in winter 2016 we will get CC 2 (with carbonite freezing chamber, jail and torture chamber). Did you mean something like that?

Klaus-Dieter

Yup. Something like that. They need to make a lot of rooms: besides the ones you mentioned you forgot the incinerator where Chewie finds 3PO, Guest quarters, the Vader vs Luke duel is fought in many rooms, a walkway with elevator......

Also, Billy Dee Williams is in SW:Rebels. Maybe Cloud City as well? This way, CC sets tie-in with Rebels as well as the SW: OT.

And finally, next summer may be the last time Lego can release a bunch of OT sets (since Ep7 is released in december).

It's the perfect moment to release remakes of 3 LONG awaited things: Cloud City, Cloud Car, Dagobah.

I wish I had a certain DeLorean (or T.A.R.D.I.S.)

Edited by Jedi-Bendu

The lack of a Movie version of Yoda in Lego's current lineup is reason enough to make a dagobah... and with the retiring of the x wing, it is even more reason to make a dagobah set with an x wing.

Even with Episode 7 coming out there'll still be plenty of OT sets in future waves along with Rebels.

The lack of a Movie version of Yoda in Lego's current lineup is reason enough to make a dagobah... and with the retiring of the x wing, it is even more reason to make a dagobah set with an x wing.

75017 isn't current enough for you?

75017 isn't current enough for you?

That's PT Yoda. His body print isn't OT style like this one.

I quite like that AOTC Yoda......

Anyway, it is incredibly unlikely to get THREE exclusives next year. So if CC is done in 2015...... it would need to be a $120 set. :thumbdown::sick::cry_sad::ugh::wall::damn:

Seriously, it never works out when Lego tries to make a massive iconic location into one affordable set. Just look at Palpatine's Arrest or the Cantina! (If your eyes don't bleed, you'll be able to see just how bad it is.)

Seriously, it never works out when Lego tries to make a massive iconic location into one affordable set. Just look at Palpatine's Arrest or the Cantina! (If your eyes don't bleed, you'll be able to see just how bad it is.)

I actually like the cantina and think they did pretty well with it at the price they have it at too. But Palps arrest... Other than the lil ship which is still mediocre I agree with you on that

I don't really get the hype about the inquisitor. His weapon was cool at first sight, but actually it's really dumb.

yeah they never made a proper lightsaber for Darth Maul but this inquisitor gets his special mold?

yeah they never made a proper lightsaber for Darth Maul but this inquisitor gets his special mold?

Maybe Disney asked TLG to put a slight bit more emphasis on getting such things a bit more closer to source material, even iI iI means new moulds...? who knows :s

If Disney wanted that, they'd have asked for something besides binoculars for Ezra's saber. No, this is about the SHAPE. The Inquisitor's hilt is very unique; Maul's is longer, but a regular hilt piece can hold two blades just fine so they didn't bother making a longer hilt. It might have been as useful, or more, than the new Inquisitor hilt, but the old one did the trick well enough, so it was a low priority.

Lego made their first Maul figure in 1999, when their wasn't nearly as many new moulds or moulds in the high standard we are used to today, so maybe felt other pieces were more important or unique moulds and since then have apparently decided not to bother (their have only been two PT versions of him) and it would also be difficult to make it look like the film version while allowing a figure to wield it two handed like he did in the films (I have been trying to MOD a double bladed lightsaber for years, to no reasonable avail).

Edited by Dragonlego27

I am the only person who dislikes the idea of a UCS Tie? It just seems so annoying that Lego answer my unvoiced pleas to make another Tie Fighter, then make it UCS, meaning it will not be minifigure scaled, will not fit with anything I own and probably not even contain any interesting minifigures, unless they do another UCS X-Wing and include a Imperial Astromech to fight R2-D2 while the two gigantic vehicles battle above them :laugh:.

I understand that it'll match the UCS X-Wing, but I'd be much happier if I was safe in the knowledge we'd get a standard Tie-Fighter as well (an occasion which would actually benefit from the modern trend of reducing the size of past sets).

I love the other 2015 sets though by the way :thumbup:. Except for the Hailfire.... :hmpf_bad:

I quite like the idea of a UCS Tie fighter. As it appears in all 3 OT films its iconic enough to be in there, granted there are other ships that they could've chosen, its not a poor choice for a UCS set.

I too like the TIE, a definite iconic ship from the OT.And bearing in mind we have just got, and are getting, a UCS minifigure set, it's good to get one that is a display model.

I am the only person who dislikes the idea of a UCS Tie? It just seems so annoying that Lego answer my unvoiced pleas to make another Tie Fighter, then make it UCS, meaning it will not be minifigure scaled, will not fit with anything I own and probably not even contain any interesting minifigures, unless they do another UCS X-Wing and include a Imperial Astromech to fight R2-D2 while the two gigantic vehicles battle above them :laugh:.

I understand that it'll match the UCS X-Wing, but I'd be much happier if I was safe in the knowledge we'd get a standard Tie-Fighter as well (an occasion which would actually benefit from the modern trend of reducing the size of past sets).

I love the other 2015 sets though by the way :thumbup:. Except for the Hailfire.... :hmpf_bad:

The previous one hasn't even been discontinued for a year yet and you are already saying you want another one??

:sceptic:

I just want a TIE Interceptor, System-scale (I know someone mentioned you could make a passable one with the most recent TIE itself, but a new one wouldn't hurt, and would--hopefully--give us more fun figures like the last TIE!)

I just want a TIE Interceptor, System-scale (I know someone mentioned you could make a passable one with the most recent TIE itself, but a new one wouldn't hurt, and would--hopefully--give us more fun figures like the last TIE!)

Yes. A million times yes. I got fed up waiting so I built Cornwaille's version. It looks like an official TLG set, so I'm happy.

that set is really growing on me, I hope it doesn't end up being $40+.

Hasn't it been confirmed that it's $50? Disappointing, given that it's a really nice set.

I never managed to get the last Tie Fighter, as at first it was in my mini Dark Age where I stopped getting any Lego, then I focused on LOTR and the Hobbit sets, meaning I missed out on a couple of sets which are now far above the standard price, such as the Tie and Palpatines arrest.

Loving the look of Anakin's Custom Starfighter :wub: