Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

I'm utterly disappointed... not in the trailer (which was friggin' AWESOME :wub: ), but in the lack of set reveals :hmpf_bad: Come on, we pretty much know what the sets are gonna be and those vehicles have now all officially been shown in the two teasers along with a majority of the corresponding characters, so what's the big deal? Maybe Disney/Lucasfilm is especially strict with TLG this time around since LEGO sets have always been the #1 spoiler source in the past (General Grievous, Ahsoka and Rex, the crew of Rebels etc) :laugh:

OKAY! I won't discuss the trailer in depth (since this isn't the topic for it) but....

I am super excited to see these ships and characters translated into LEGO. The new Star Destroyer, the new TIEs, the new X-Wing.....EVERYTHING! And the Stormtroopers are absolutely amazing.

Kylo Ren is definitely an interesting character design--I assume they'll give him a minifig head with the helmet printed on, so that he can wear his hood. And I'm still really interested to see how they do BB-8.

And I just want to say that my hope has been solidified--TFA is going to be incredible. I literally cannot wait for December.

I hope Kylo Ren uses a piece similar to AntiMatter from Ultra Agents. Then you could have the print on his mask and then a face underneith. If they were to make it like Revan, I would be alittle disappointed. I wonder how long he'll arc as a villian...

Star Wars needs a Villain that: 1, lasts through the first film in an impressive way, heroes survive and thwart the plan but take heavy losses. 2, a villain who's first scene is a wave of devastation. and most importantly 3, isn't bested in a way that undermines the character's abilities (Vader knocked out of fight by a stray tie... Emperor thrown off a balcony...)

as for sets, I can't wait to see the new Tie, and shuttle craft in Lego form. and I know it's not been mentioned yet but the new Star Destroyer screams UCS treatment!

Anyone heard which day the remaining 2 Star Wars Ultra Builds are revealed? Pretty sure its Jango Fett and Commander Cody... but still hoping to see them. Heard they were being revealed during the Star Wars event which runs from the 16th-19th

I believe that there are two more reveals left at SWC, today at 12 PM and tomorrow Saturday at the same time. I'm positive TFA sets should be revealed.

I believe that there are two more reveals left at SWC, today at 12 PM and tomorrow Saturday at the same time. I'm positive TFA sets should be revealed.

Anyone heard which day the remaining 2 Star Wars Ultra Builds are revealed? Pretty sure its Jango Fett and Commander Cody... but still hoping to see them. Heard they were being revealed during the Star Wars event which runs from the 16th-19th

Star Wars needs a Villain that: 1, lasts through the first film in an impressive way, heroes survive and thwart the plan but take heavy losses. 2, a villain who's first scene is a wave of devastation. and most importantly 3, isn't bested in a way that undermines the character's abilities (Vader knocked out of fight by a stray tie... Emperor thrown off a balcony...)

Amen to that; losing Darth Maul in the first movie of the prequels was really stupid, he could’ve made the other two movies a bit more interesting, with all the rivalry and hate between him and Kenobi.

I agree that the sets should be revealed, we can already tell what they would be from the trailer, and just like they used to do in NYTF they can do it without showing the box art so there won’t be any unwanted character names reveals.

Why are you even so excited about the TFA sets? Its the same old stuff over and over again, just with a few cosmetic changes that don't really make any difference. Examples? Here you go:

An X-wing with slightly modified wings and engines? WOW, how original.

A Lambda shuttle that looks like it lost the central wing? WOW, how original.

TIE fighters with white and not black solar panels? WOW, how original!

A star destroyer that looks exactly like Imperial-class ISD?

Darth Revan with a different name, a silver stromtrooper/Boba Fett wannabe?

Hype hype hype hype hype!

The new teaser trailer? BOOOOOOOORING! Believe me or not, I really got bored watching it. I don't even remember getting bored watching a trailer for a movie since a certain Korean sci-fi horror flick, can't remember the title.

*snip*

We respect your opinion about the film/vehicles being 'boring' but many of us just don't agree and think this is all awesome. It's your opinion at the end of the day....why are you still complaining about this?

Corydoras: if you’re so annoyed by TFA stuff then by staying here you’re just hurting yourself, do yourself a favor and check somewhere else for news on other LEGO themes, because it’s going to be just “boring” TFA stuff in this thread for a long, long time. :laugh:

I have not seen or heard anything so I doubt it.

We will see TFA sets in the SWC?

*snip*

I agree that TFA should introduce some brand-new ship designs, but the upgraded variants make sense from an in-universe standpoint. They're simply newer models. This new X-wing replaced the old one just like the old one replaced the Z-95, and the new(?) TIE fighter replaced the old one just as the old one replaced the V-wing.

Besides, in my opinion it will be cool to get these new variants as opposed to redesigns of vehicles models we've received time and time again.

*snip*

Hi, yeah...be nice. Okay? If you're gonna come here and bash on a movie that millions are looking forward too and the lego sets to go along with them, you should go spread you nastiness elsewhere...thank you ;-)

I didn't realize kids were allowed on forums. We all have our opinions but let's be mature. If episode 7 isn't your liking, please do not spread negativity to those who actually enjoy it. Thanks.

Anyways..

I hope they unveil TFA set also, either the x wing or tie fighter since those two looked more redesigned compared to the MF

Edited by namioik

Just seen the new trailer, and I must say that I certainly can't wait to watch this film; I wonder if Lego may release a set image on May the 4th to keep us going (assuming they are aloud)? Just a thought for consideration. :classic:

Not sure if anyone here has seen this image yet? It was posted by Chris McVeigh on twitter. CCzH3gOUIAAVIQz.jpg

I didn't realize kids were allowed on forums. We all have our opinions but let's be mature. If episode 7 isn't your liking, please do not spread negativity to those who actually enjoy it. Thanks.

Thanks for making me feel young again, lol. :laugh: I honestly thought the new canon (TCW, Rebels) is the immature "kiddie" stuff, but this is just my opinion and you have the rights not to agree with it.

What I was trying to say is: the vehicles look 99% the same as the ones in OT, just like new models of Iphones are almost indistinguishable to me. People tend to get angry when redesigns of sets we already had pop up, but suddenly can't wait for new x-wings and TIE fighters just because they are marketed under the TFA logo.

Let's face it: Episode VII is there just to help sell the same stuff over and over again. The prequels at least came with a variety of new and original designs that often were "linked" to the stuff we knew, looked familiar but at the same time managed to stay unique - ARC-170 -> X-wing; V-wing, Jedi interceptor -> TIE fighter; Venator, Acclamator - > Imperial-class ISD... Not to mention the droid army vehicles, which totally got me with how creative and interesting they were.

Once again: this is just my opinion. You can go ecstatic over the Rebels and TFA as much as you want, but don't try to steal my rights to be here and complain as much as I want. Peace. :sadnew:

Thanks for making me feel young again, lol. :laugh: I honestly thought the new canon (TCW, Rebels) is the immature "kiddie" stuff, but this is just my opinion and you have the rights not to agree with it.

What I was trying to say is: the vehicles look 99% the same as the ones in OT, just like new models of Iphones are almost indistinguishable to me. People tend to get angry when redesigns of sets we already had pop up, but suddenly can't wait for new x-wings and TIE fighters just because they are marketed under the TFA logo.

Let's face it: Episode VII is there just to help sell the same stuff over and over again. The prequels at least came with a variety of new and original designs that often were "linked" to the stuff we knew, looked familiar but at the same time managed to stay unique - ARC-170 -> X-wing; V-wing, Jedi interceptor -> TIE fighter; Venator, Acclamator - > Imperial-class ISD... Not to mention the droid army vehicles, which totally got me with how creative and interesting they were.

Once again: this is just my opinion. You can go ecstatic over the Rebels and TFA as much as you want, but don't try to steal my rights to be here and complain as much as I want. Peace. :sadnew:

You say that the vehicles 'looked familiar' to the ones we all knew and loved, yet managed to stay unique...lol that's what these designs of TFA vehicles are..exactly that...re-designs of beloved vehicles....would Audi sell a car in a few years that is VASTLY different from an older version? Likely not. Also, we do not know what other vehicles will appear in TFA..we've seen classic ones so far in a two minute teaser!!!

You are more than welcome to your opinion, and it is just that...YOUR opinion. But do not insult/belittle/humiliate/harass other members for their opinions either. If you come across rudely, don't complain when others do it right back to you. THANKS!!!!!!!!

There were plenty of new vehicles in the trailer. We just focus on the familiar. All kinds of weird boxy things flying around the space scene and in the hangar.

It might sound silly, but there are people who, for example, love to build models of fighter airplanes. There are so many different iterations, but they all have a cockpit, wings, and generally a very similar layout. The same goes for ships. A bit of continuity adds to realism, especially since in the universe of Star Wars it makes sense that the same spaceship manufacturers are involved. So, I really don't get the fuss.

Take the X-Wing, for example. It looks the same at first look. But then the starfighter enthusiast realizes that the wings open differently, that the Engines 'split' in half with s-foils in attack position, the nose-cone is longer and the whole thing looks a bit more evolved. That's great. It'd be very strange if the Resistance suddenly had totally different-looking ships only 30 years after the last movie. 30 years is nothing in Star Wars. As for sets: If you buy some car or truck from the Lego City theme, they all have wheels, some cabin for the driver and generally look very similar. Are you complaining about that, too? No offence - you are perfectly entitled to your opinion, but to me it comes across a bit over-the-top opinionated. :wink:

I can't understand why people make judgements so early, we've only has 2 teasers and still lots of negativity, just wait until the film comes out then say what You want to say.

I can't understand why people make judgements so early, we've only has 2 teasers and still lots of negativity, just wait until the film comes out then say what You want to say.

I think that's a consequence of the prequels. I like the prequels as a Star Wars fan, but I know they were bad movies. I too am skeptical about this film, but I would see it regardless. The teaser makes me think that they've worked hard on this and that it might be a treat.

btw everyone, 20 more minutes until another LEGO product reveal at SWC! According to the schedule.

btw everyone, 20 more minutes until another LEGO product reveal at SWC! According to the schedule.

I hope it's not another construction figure,as much as I like them I would prefer to see an actual star wars set.

I hope it's not another construction figure,as much as I like them I would prefer to see an actual star wars set.

I think it'll be the next two constraction figures/summer sets officially. Tomorrow I would guess would be reveals for TFA.