Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

um, attitude. Also the episode 7 sets are not at the fair..

Actually, it is. It was mentioned a few times that some people were getting taken to a closed viewing of the sets from Ep. VII.

Anywho. What I came to ask is this:

The Gozanti-class cruiser is supposedly able to carry 4 TIE fighters, or two AT-DP, right?

And every indication is that the set will come with 4 small-scale TIE fighters that will connect to the bottom as seen on Rebels...

What to you think the odds are that the AT-DP polybag giveaway set is the right scale to be carried underneath, as well?

Because that would be awesome, and great synergy. :)

Probably the polybags are the perfect scale - but they would squash like pancakes under the weight of the cruiser! Unless you mean to swoosh, and not display, rollermonkey.

Any details on the Advent Calendar? All I've heard is Sandcrawler, reindeer R2, Santa 3PO. Curious what film if any it represents (we've had TPM, AOTC, and last year seemed to be TCW with bits of ANH, ESB thrown in).

Any details on the Advent Calendar? All I've heard is Sandcrawler, reindeer R2, Santa 3PO. Curious what film if any it represents (we've had TPM, AOTC, and last year seemed to be TCW with bits of ANH, ESB thrown in).

I haven't seen any reports on Star Wars. I imagine we will have to wait for the weekend.

Does the new snowspeeder pilot (microfighter snowspeeder) resemble one from the movies, or is he made up?

Yes, you can see this pilot during Leia's meeting with pilots minutes before the Imperial Attack and during the snowspeeder scramble.

His gunners has a generic helmet (blue insignia) so you can have another rogue.

I really hate his gray helmet, why Lego used gray? all the pilots has white helmet and in the movie are white dirty helmet not gray.

If you have the T-16 skyhopper, pilot's helmet is used by a pilot during Hoth Scenes, you can see him during "the first transport is away" scene and Luke during his training at the Falcon but another horrible gray helmet. :thumbdown:

Yes, you can see this pilot during Leia's meeting with pilots minutes before the Imperial Attack and during the snowspeeder scramble.

His gunners has a generic helmet (blue insignia) so you can have another rogue.

I really hate his gray helmet, why Lego used gray? all the pilots has white helmet and in the movie are white dirty helmet not gray.

If you have the T-16 skyhopper, pilot's helmet is used by a pilot during Hoth Scenes, you can see him during "the first transport is away" scene and Luke during his training at the Falcon but another horrible gray helmet. :thumbdown:

Lego just needs a light-light-gray color :grin: Of course, getting all the helmets in that color would take another decade or two.

The white helmets were nice, but not many really reflected the grungy look of most of the films' helmets.. the generic blue-insignia ones were perfect for some of the pilots we saw in the hangar in ANH, donning pristine white helmets, but that's about it.

Lego just needs a light-light-gray color :grin: Of course, getting all the helmets in that color would take another decade or two.

They actually did have a light light gray color that they used in Knight's Kingdom II as the base color for shields and in at least one Bionicle set, though that color has been discontinued since around 2006 or 7

They actually did have a light light gray color that they used in Knight's Kingdom II as the base color for shields and in at least one Bionicle set, though that color has been discontinued since around 2006 or 7

Is it different from what was used for the CMF knight?

The very light grey is almost white if you google search "thok bionicle" and then compare his skin color to his teeth (which are true white) it gives the best impression. Honestly that color would have been great for the helmets, but as others have said now we're going to have mismatched helmet colors, I really hope they don't intend to start making all the rebel pilot helmets grey.

Lego released a new animated short:

1 Notice the shuttle

2 Notice the astromech droid's head

Funny, thank you. The astromech head looked pretty cool. I can think of a certain scooby doo villain that could use that transparent dome.

Edited by Darth Punk

2 Notice the astromech droid's head

That's cool, I remember wanting to build some R3 units a while ago and being disappointed that the transparent dome wasn't available.

The construction figs might be legit? Well, that’s a bummer. Not only did we get most sets wasted on Episode I re-makes; now we get six useless sets with no minifigs or ships/ vehicles, and no useful LEGO parts either. (I know Bionicle parts are LEGO too, but to me it’s a totally different toy)

I guess this is only good for the Bionicle and Super-Heroes fans though… good for you guys.

And while we’re at it, wasted sets I mean, what’s up with all the Episode I sets we’ve been getting lately? They seem to find their way into every wave, and not very creative choices of vehicles or scenes too… there are other PT movies LEGO, with a lot more potential than, say, stupid droid carrier, like Zam’s speeder or arena action scenes from Episode II or any cool stuff related to Order 66 or anything with Commander Cody from Episode III… so much stuff we didn’t get, but we keep getting Jar Jars and Battle Droids every year which is a conundrum for me… so much play and collectability potential wasted over repeated and not very exciting choices.

I know we got Episode II run in 2013, and Episode III run in 2014… my point is Episode I is in almost EVERY wave, and with the same exact set re-re-re-designed.

Edited by Khaled Yousef

The construction figs might be legit? Well, that’s a bummer. Not only did we get most sets wasted on Episode I re-makes; now we get six useless sets with no minifigs or ships/ vehicles, and no useful LEGO parts either. (I know Bionicle parts are LEGO too, but to me it’s a totally different toy)

I don't see how you can call them wasted sets. I don't think that Lego was planning to release 6 more regular sets this year and then suddenly said no lets scrap that and make these instead.

In what way does “wasted sets” imply that I mean LEGO changed their minds about anything at any point? Of course I know they plan their lineup, in a far more sophisticated way, marketing wise, than we can ever know.

What I meant was that we get a limited chance every wave for essential missing minifigs to be released, or sets with useful parts like I explained, and those Bionicle like sets wedging themselves for the first time in the normal sets lineup wastes good chances to get the important missing stuff by taking their place.

Maybe if we were getting the usual number of normal sets PLUS those weird ones, maybe that would’ve been OK. Let the action figure fans have their fun too. But those odd sets are taking important places of normal sets, and in a tough time; remember, this might be the last chance we get missing PT or even OT characters before the entire lineup is occupied by TFA and Rebels sets starting next winter wave.

Those are “wasted chances of good sets” if you’d like me to re-phrase my opinion.

Edited by Khaled Yousef

Wow I didn't expect Commander Cody to be included in the list.Can't wait to see how they look like.

Oh... you got my hopes up for a mini-fig cody. But its just the strange looking robot things.

To each his own; thankfully, I appreciate both. We constraction fans are extremely excited for these sets! I can't wait to see pictures.

I completely agree with you Cyberfounder, and that’s exactly the point I was trying to make by saying “wasted sets.” How long have we been waiting for a proper Commander Cody minifig? And when we get him finally, ten years after the movie was released, he’s Bionicle! :thumbdown:

Just a thought, but knowing LEGO they'll want to get as many people to buy this large action figures as possible. So, maybe we'll get a minifigure along with the larger figure? I wouldn't put it pass them to do it, but they didn't do it with Ben 10 or Superheros.

And I thought since Hasbro is making those (terrible) Hero Mashers figures for SW, the gap of "build-able action figure" is closed. Or is it that Hasbro makes the Rebels and Lego OT & PT? Curious to see these but not overly optimistic how they'll turn out.