Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2015 Pictures and Rumors

I wonder if the custom Starfighter might be a"Darth Vader"ized Eta2 Interceptor? There has always been tons of art from that floating around.

Not just art; Hasbro made at least one (possibly for the Transformer Crossover and Titanium lines, too). It's possible Vader could still be using such a ship as of 14 years post-ROTS as the TIE Advanced is still in the prototype stage and Vader might still be attached to his old ship... but the Azure Angel should have no place in Rebels... but seems an extremely odd choice otherwise. TCW is likely done for now, and there are already a bunch of AOTC and ROTS sets in the roster over the last year or so... why would they delve into the Microseries now? Why not do up more TOR, or a set to accompany Darth Revan? Or a Cloud Car, more Rebels sets, or just about anything else? Any "Anakin" starfighter set is all but guaranteed to have Anakin and R2, and we just had one earlier this year, with another not long before it. Kinda boring, even if the Anakin is kinda different. An AA set might include the red-domed astromech instead of R2, and like the Vulture Droid, Tri-Fighter, and many other starfighters could include anyone else they want (a Microseries version of Ventress, perhaps)... Can't muster much excitement for it, tho.

Sad to hear a Senate Commandos set was canceled... I only have the two from the Cad Bane speeder set; getting four more to go with them would've been nice (if they were in the same style, anyway)

Oh that hurts! I would have loved a Senate Commando set. Perhaps Lego would have based them on the later TCW Senate Guards. The fact that they appear to have been preliminary figures could point that way. It would have been a slight mislabeling though.

Even if it was just the regular Senate Commando, I would have gone for multiples of the set.

I just hope Lego does not give up the Senate Guard and finally creates the robed version.

Oh that hurts! I would have loved a Senate Commando set. Perhaps Lego would have based them on the later TCW Senate Guards. The fact that they appear to have been preliminary figures could point that way. It would have been a slight mislabeling though.

Even if it was just the regular Senate Commando, I would have gone for multiples of the set.

I just hope Lego does not give up the Senate Guard and finally creates the robed version.

I'd like to see that too. This way you could have the nice progression from the senate guards you see in TPM, through the blue-robed Imperial Like guards, finally to the current Imperial Guards we have which look great.

General Magma, I meant new molds. The Disney XD Rebels promos we've seen show Stormies with weird new helmets, which makes me believe that either this cartoon is no basis to guess what the future figs will look like, or we will be getting new Stormie helmet molds exclusive to the Rebels sets.

This is the Rebels version. I would be surprised if they produce a third version.

Edited by Robert_88

This is the Rebels version. I would be surprised if they produce a third version.

Yes, it's unlikely they would suddenly bring out another mould.

It's a real shame TLG cancelled the Senate Commander set. It may not have fit in with any of the current sets but it would have been good to get one anyway.

Will there be a different set to replace the cancelled senate commando troopers 75088, or will they leave that set number out of this wave?

Maybe TLG re-used the "Stormie" from the Yoda Chronicles:

sw478.jpg

Anyways, what if we eventually get this set, but in the summer wave of 2015? Is that possible?

Arc 170- Clone pilot

Vulture droid- pilot droid

Snow speeder- rebel pilot

AT-AT - walker pilot

Gunship - yellow clone pilot

Homing spider - battle droid.

What if we have our idea of the senate commandos completely wrong!!?? Maybe they were episode vii based, so they were cancelled due to spoilers etc.

Not likely. Rumors and official leaks indicate there's still an Imperial presence in this 30-years-later era, maybe even still in control of the galaxy. If that's the case, there wouldn't be a Senate as it was disbanded in EpIV. In the power struggle that would likely occur following ROTJ's illusion of a happy ending, I doubt the Empire would reinstitute the Senate... If they did, they'd likely gain a whole lot of anti-Imperial senators unless they rigged the elections. Everyone was celebrating the Emperor's death in ROTJ; without the fear represented by Palpatine and Vader, it'd be pretty tough to get everyone back in line.

Vulture droid- pilot droid

Homing spider - battle droid.

Two battle droids... One with a bit of paint on it. So disappointing.

Not likely. Rumors and official leaks indicate there's still an Imperial presence in this 30-years-later era, maybe even still in control of the galaxy. If that's the case, there wouldn't be a Senate as it was disbanded in EpIV. In the power struggle that would likely occur following ROTJ's illusion of a happy ending, I doubt the Empire would reinstitute the Senate... If they did, they'd likely gain a whole lot of anti-Imperial senators unless they rigged the elections. Everyone was celebrating the Emperor's death in ROTJ; without the fear represented by Palpatine and Vader, it'd be pretty tough to get everyone back in line.

What if the Alliance created a new senate, yes it won't be as big & as vast as the 'Old Republic' , but with the death of the Emperor then it makes sense for democracy to return & the Alliance begin to welcome the worlds back to Coruscant. Yes the Empire may exist, but as their 2 founders are no more then they will be in ruin & cannot possibly have the power to sustain Coruscant & their vision of a one party Galaxy.

Edited by legocaptainrexfan

Sadly, Brickset changed the subtheme of the upcoming ITT to "Rebels". Was too good to be true..

Sadly, Brickset changed the subtheme of the upcoming ITT to "Rebels". Was too good to be true..

All the information anyone has about the subthemes is in all likelihood educated guesses. It's highly probable that Brickset has the same source (JediNews) as we do, and whoever filled out their information just guessed that it was an OT set while I guessed that it was a Rebels set (based on discussion from the 2014 Pictures and Rumors topic). I wouldn't read too much into what anyone lists as the subtheme, at this point.

Indeed :((

Edited by Robert_88

I don't understand why they even felt the need to do a separate print for the stormtroopers in the Rebels sets.

LOTR Mordor orcs (and Hobbit hunter orcs) got the exact same prints for 3 waves straight while they're not supposed to look uniform... and now, when Star Wars Rebels comes,

they finally scrap the idea of anime eyes (that was a mistake they should've solved way earlier during The Clone Wars) but then they come up with different helmets for stormtroopers that should all look the same.

Even when the new regular OT stormtrooper is easily the best version of the stormtrooper they've released to date. If the new ITT is indeed a Rebels set,TLG will be missing out on quite a bit of money.

Not too fussed about missing out on Senate Commandos, but it would've been nice to finally get some PT Senate Guards.

I agree. We get battle droids (and clones) so often that I get bored seeing them thrown into the Micro Fighters and Planet sets. The Spider Droid was a perfect opportunity for something different like a Nemoidian or Geonosian, or even a unique character like Wat Tambor. Really hope the rebel pilot in the Snowspeeder is based off an actual character like Wedge and not a repeat of the generic nameless one from the Advent Calender.

I don't understand why they even felt the need to do a separate print for the stormtroopers in the Rebels sets.

LOTR Mordor orcs (and Hobbit hunter orcs) got the exact same prints for 3 waves straight while they're not supposed to look uniform... and now, when Star Wars Rebels comes,

they finally scrap the idea of anime eyes (that was a mistake they should've solved way earlier during The Clone Wars) but then they come up with different helmets for stormtroopers that should all look the same.

Even when the new regular OT stormtrooper is easily the best version of the stormtrooper they've released to date. If the new ITT is indeed a Rebels set,TLG will be missing out on quite a bit of money.

Three points:

1. It's Star Wars, they have more resources and budget

2. If LOTR taught us anything, afols don't determine how well sets sell.

3. The Stormtrooper is Ralph Mcquirre inspired.

I agree. We get battle droids (and clones) so often that I get bored seeing them thrown into the Micro Fighters and Planet sets. The Spider Droid was a perfect opportunity for something different like a Nemoidian or Geonosian, or even

a unique character like Wat Tambor. Really

hope the rebel pilot in the Snowspeeder is

based off an actual character like Wedge and

not a repeat of the generic nameless one from

the Advent Calender.

My thoughts exactly, I'm in general dissapointed in the Microfighters line. I find them to be slightly overpriced and a dull minifigure range.

Take the last wave for example, the only interesting figure in there was Han Solo.

My thoughts exactly, I'm in general dissapointed in the Microfighters line. I find them to be slightly overpriced and a dull minifigure range.

Take the last wave for example, the only interesting figure in there was Han Solo.

I would say that the Ep. III clone was interesting too, if only because it's almost 10 years since the last one.