Ezekiel2517

DC Superheroes 2015 Rumors & Discussions

This batmobile is so nice. Lego you did a great job!

DSC04274-2_zpshifssj6e.jpg

Right?

It was actually the tipping point for me with this set.

I've somehow never aquired a Batmobile despite having a slew of DC Superhero sets. I've got Bat-planes, Bat-copters, Bat-mechs, Bat-boats, Bat-subs, etc, etc...you name it, but no straight up Batmobile.

I really, really wanted Starfire and Beastboy, but little else in this set. That gorgeous Batmobile model helps to assuage the exorbitant price of the set though. Hahaha.

Hahaha. Yeah, that was my first thought too: Batman is insanely anti-gun.

But, I get where Wilson's coming from. The design is clearly inspired by Burton's Batmobile, which did, oddly enough, feature hood mounted machine guns.

I'd imagine part #4569407 would suffice for the gun itself.

I feel like I'm the only one not enamored with the new batmobile. It just isn't impressive to me and I really dislike that disk on the front.

I think it's a nice looking vehicle; definitely the best one that's trying to replicate the Keaton design. There's a few bits I don't love, but it's easy to fix with some MODS.

I think it's a nice looking vehicle; definitely the best one that's trying to replicate the Keaton design. There's a few bits I don't love, but it's easy to fix with some MODS.

I agree. If this set goes on sale I will defiantly be picking it up and MODing it.

I've somehow never aquired a Batmobile despite having a slew of DC Superhero sets. I've got Bat-planes, Bat-copters, Bat-mechs, Bat-boats, Bat-subs, etc, etc...you name it, but no straight up Batmobile.

Same. (Unless counting the small polybag version) :grin: Maybe one day there will be a cheap bat mobile that isn't tiny, out of scale, or too Junior looking.

Edited by Legocity2713

Did we get the official word for the price of set 76035 Jokerland, in the U.S.? Is it going to be $120.00 bucks, like was first mentioned?

Yeppers. :sad:

I thought I heard $99.99 USD somewhere. Dang. :sadnew: I'm happy to dish out another $20 for it though. Unlike some sets, it looks like it's worth its pricepoint. :thumbup:

Hahaha. Yeah, that was my first thought too: Batman is insanely anti-gun.

But, I get where Wilson's coming from. The design is clearly inspired by Burton's Batmobile, which did, oddly enough, feature hood mounted machine guns.

I'd imagine part #4569407 would suffice for the gun itself.

Great. IMO this is always the best looking batmobile.

NewPicture103_zpsegh4plau.jpg

Looking at it, the shaping is spot on for Burton-esque Batmobile. I don't like the wheel hubs at all and while the official Burton mobile has a larger rounded area, this seems too out of place on the LEGO version. either way, if I pick up the set or not (likely not due to that price), I will probably bricklink this version of the Batmobile with some MODs. Thanks for the more up close picture of it. I have yet to look at it in detail.

I love that Batmobile, too. I've seen it several times in person, and always end up looking over the details for long periods. Some times I have to be dragged away from it.

The LEGO model that comes with the Jokerland needs some MODs, but it's not too bad a starting point, I think. I am really looking forward to that set, and not just for the minifigs, either.

Does anybody feel the 10937 Arkham Asylum Breakout was retired too early? Did it not sell well?

It hung around for about two years, which is a pretty standard lifespan. I'm sure it sold fine.

Look at the Headless Horseman's face here! Doesn't it look like it would work with Batman's cowl? (I honestly don't know what use it would be, unless we wanted a fat, old Batman figure...)

Edited by 8BrickMario

Look at the Headless Horseman's face here! Doesn't it look like it would work with Batman's cowl? (I honestly don't know what use it would be, unless we wanted a fat, old Batman figure...)

fat and old, like from the Batman returns movie where he rides a horse for no reason. Uh, what a joke of an animated movie.

Damn, I was just gonna post that. :laugh:

That thing looks so sick, I can't wait to get it. Maybe add a cannon at the top and call in the Arkham Knight Batmobile.

And wow, silver batarang!!! This set will definitely be on par with the Hulkbuster in terms of people wanting to buy it, as this is an integral part of the movie, and an all around iconic vehicle.

Edited by Legocity2713

WOW, that's cool! I love the angles. What two other figures? Superman and Aquaman? ALFRED?

That new windscreen looks great, although I don't see where these reported "opening doors" are. New Batman is nothing too interesting costume-wise, but that's not surprising. The new Batarang color, however, is fantastic!

I don't normally collect DC sets based on the movies, but I might have to make an exception here.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Hey, I just saw that there are dual molded legs like from Jokerland. Great to see it in a cheaper set. :drool:

Hate the costume though. :sad: That bat symbol, although accurate, its just :sick:

Edited by Legocity2713

I hope the cabin opens on a hinge, since of all vehicles, I most dislike the "remove roof access" for Batmobiles. Since it's two halves, perhaps it splits open and swings outwards? It doesn't look like it, though. Regardless, it's a really cool vehicle. Its shape and size really embody "speed" to me. I'm unsurprised by the lack of gold/yellow (gritty Batman is gritty-no brightness). Is that window supposed to be translucent brown?