Rick

2015 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

I wonder with the tram and tram stop they might be some track for it run on ?

Or is that wishful thinking ?

Also is it wishful thinking that the garage is actually a service station......please Lego ?

Plus the heavy haul train must be making it's debut at Lego World in February. :wink: (just like 3677 made it's surprise pop up a few years back)

Edited by lightningtiger

I just found this description on Brickset.......and I'm confused about what we get in the set now ?

The town square was superb. £140 for 2 shops including a LEGO store, tram, LEGO lorry, coffee kiosk, garage, breakdown truck etc.

This new Town Square sound like a must have...oh no! ;-) 14 minifigs? Wow... I am afraid of the US$ price!

When are summer sets usually released?

Around late May to early July depending on the country you live in and deals with particular retailers.

I was hoping for more detailed info on the Deep Sea Explorers subtheme

I wish there will be new animal moulds. A turtle and a hammerhead shark would be great

I guess we'll see the S10 Sea Captain's seagull there

Thanks to 'Just2good' posting a link on the SD topic in licensed forum for the London Toy Fair and it says about the monster 60097 CITY SQUARE !

14 minifigs......a tram, a coffee shop, a police station, a garage, truck and a LEGO store with PAB wall...........Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus !

Oh, we need pictures......oh, so badly !

Even without them......Lego take my money ! :laugh:

OMG City Square?! My wallet just had a heart attack

The City Square is definitely my favorite described set from the fair today besides the Scooby stuff. A postal van, a coffee chain, a LBR? Count me in!

The City Square is definitely my favorite described set from the fair today besides the Scooby stuff. A postal van, a coffee chain, a LBR? Count me in!

A postal van......is that the truck or something else ?......man, I can't wait to see the photos. :wink:

Brickset report is out.

City - Space Port

Four sets will be available.

• 60077 Space Starter Set (£9) - A small starter set with a lunar buggy and four minifigs, based on a testing facility.
  • 60078 Utility Shuttle (£18)- Looked like a short and stubby space shuttle, with a new (I think) moulded nose piece.
  • 60079 Training Jet Transporter (£40) - A blue and white jet aircraft on a flatbed truck.
  • 60080 Spaceport (£70) - A full-size shuttle on a mobile launch pad complete with medium brown rocket fuel tank which has a new 6-wide cone piece for its nose. Given real space shuttles are retired now it's perhaps surprising that these sets feature them.

These sets are aimed at younger builders so, like last years Arctic sets, they are slightly <insert that tiresome argument>.

City - Deep Sea Explorers

These look fantastic and for me were the best minifig sets on display. They are reminiscent of the old Divers theme from 1997.

• 60090 Deep Sea Scuba Scooter (£4) - A small submersible with one minifig.
  • 60091 Deep Sea Starter Set (£8) - A remote submersible and three minifigs.
  • 60092 Deep Sea Submarine (£25) - A fantastic looking vessel, primarily yellow with dark grey buoyancy tanks.
  • 60093 Deep Sea Helicopter (£40) - A very nice looking dual-rotored aircraft, primarily dark blue. It also comes with a submersible to winch into the sea.
  • 60095 Deep Sea Exploration Vessel (£80) - A chunky looking vessel with a new shaped hull which probably floats and which is probably something like 16 studs wide. The hull is dark blue, the rest white and yellow. It comes with a small sub that's unloaded from the back of it and a shipwreck, which I thought was quite large and I was surprised the set came with so much in it. The wreck itself looked to be a modern vessel rather than something Tudor, for example.

City - Other

The big surprise was 60097 City Square which, at £140, is much larger than older similarly named sets. It features a two-car orange/black tram, LEGO store and delivery van, garage and breakdown truck, a coffee kiosk, a tram stop and 14 minifigs. The buildings are open at the back and not very deep, 8 studs I suspect.

60098 Heavy Haul Train was not on display.

Edited by Robert8

This new Town Square sound like a must have...oh no! ;-) 14 minifigs? Wow... I am afraid of the US$ price!

I'll see your US Price and raise you an AUS (australia) Price!

Oh, these look like Space/Diver characters.

That's just the thumbnail I made for one of my videos back in December. I just used some promo are from the last Space Port City wave and the Series 1 Diver. :grin:

However, one of the Target cubes did have a short sleeve wetsuit. I think it is safe to say we will see more of those this summer.

I am also excited for the town square. I wonder if there will be new minifig prints involved. City has been getting a few each year.

Edited by Blakstone

That's just the thumbnail I made for one of my videos back in December. I just used some promo are from the last Space Port City wave and the Series 1 Diver. :grin:

Oh, whoops. :blush:

City - Deep Sea Explorers

These look fantastic and for me were the best minifig sets on display. They are reminiscent of the old Divers theme from 1997.

• 60090 Deep Sea Scuba Scooter (£4) - A small submersible with one minifig.
  • 60091 Deep Sea Starter Set (£8) - A remote submersible and three minifigs.
  • 60092 Deep Sea Submarine (£25) - A fantastic looking vessel, primarily yellow with dark grey buoyancy tanks.
  • 60093 Deep Sea Helicopter (£40) - A very nice looking dual-rotored aircraft, primarily dark blue. It also comes with a submersible to winch into the sea.
  • 60095 Deep Sea Exploration Vessel (£80) - A chunky looking vessel with a new shaped hull which probably floats and which is probably something like 16 studs wide. The hull is dark blue, the rest white and yellow. It comes with a small sub that's unloaded from the back of it and a shipwreck, which I thought was quite large and I was surprised the set came with so much in it. The wreck itself looked to be a modern vessel rather than something Tudor, for example.

That sounds very promising, although the Exploration Vessel sounds enormous. 16 studs wide?!?

I'm curious to see if these sets have any bits of environment / ocean floor. One of the best aspects of the old Divers theme was the way they incorporated underwater caves and such, or the one with the half-buried whale skeleton. Lego City is so ridiculously vehicle-focused these days that I don't have high hopes for that.

I wonder why Lego has chosen to produce only one huge standard city set and an entire new well you can not call it a sub-theme because it has two sub-themes of it's own ?

By the looks of what I have collected so far this year, all the GV sets seem to be group designs......the 4x4 jeep with trailer and dune buggy - the three items have their own designers each.

So maybe City Square is an overall design team project ?

I'm getting a bit of a sinking feeling that this years Great Vehicles are less of a challenge than ones from other years......point to note the 4x4 with dune buggy I had it all done in under twenty minutes including part sorting, etc.,.

Does anyone else feel the same about this years GV's ?

Totally agree with you L.T. This years sets have awesome concepts,but, I also feel they fell short on design & detail aspects.(hardly modded any 2014 sets, whereas, I'll be modding these to bring them up to the detail I feel they should have had.

Also, I feel there is a slight difference in plastic quality(inferior)with this years sets, subtle color difference when mixed with like color bricks, & also seem to be glossier/shinier.

Overall, I love these sets, very playable. Now, if LEGO would just offer some small sets of city buildings to park all these vehicles at!

Edited by stacker9000

That sounds very promising, although the Exploration Vessel sounds enormous. 16 studs wide?!?

I'm curious to see if these sets have any bits of environment / ocean floor. One of the best aspects of the old Divers theme was the way they incorporated underwater caves and such, or the one with the half-buried whale skeleton. Lego City is so ridiculously vehicle-focused these days that I don't have high hopes for that.

They did say the Exploration Ship also has a sunken freighter. So I would assume some have some terrain bits.

I wonder why Lego has chosen to produce only one huge standard city set and an entire new well you can not call it a sub-theme because it has two sub-themes of it's own ?

By the looks of what I have collected so far this year, all the GV sets seem to be group designs......the 4x4 jeep with trailer and dune buggy - the three items have their own designers each.

So maybe City Square is an overall design team project ?

Isn't that the normal patern? Winter release is the alternating Police and Fire plus the bulk of the Great Vehicles. Summer release is the annual special yearly sub theme. Mining, Coast Guard, Arctic, etc. it sounds like the big set is a special set to compliment and replace last years 60026 Town Square.

I like the idea of a Town Square, but a €180 set is going to be hard to sell and hard to find in Spain (and in some other European Countries).

And that means pay for it an overprice in hobby specialized shops, or buy it online from German Toyshops (add shipment cost).

I would prefer if TLG will spilt it in two €70-80 and €90-100 sets, because it means: more affordable buy (you can buy one in November and other in December), find them in malls, be part of the Xmas special offers,...

I don't buy last Town Square beacuse I find the crane oversized to my LEGO buildings, I hope the new Town Square don't have any useless (for me) huge element.

This pretty much confirms that this picture is of 60095:

Ow2NL29.png

That has to be from one of the Summer 2015 sets... it even has stickers and a diving cage!

Edited by Vorkosigan

Having built both the snow plow (which I say is one of the best GV's since the cement truck) and racing bike transporter today......I have found out of the nine sets I have built over the last week - trucks have more detailed build in them and pickup's/ute's/car are a bit more basic......though the fifth wheel pickup is a little more detailed in the build I found.

I also noticed a printing error on the race bike pickup.....the wing mirrors are facing the wrong way....off by 90 degrees.

Retailers I have spoken to in my hometown know of nothing we have been talking about......man, are they in for a shock for mid-year/second half releases.

Thanks to 'Just2good' posting a link on the SD topic in licensed forum for the London Toy Fair and it says about the monster 60097 CITY SQUARE !

14 minifigs......a tram, a coffee shop, a police station, a garage, truck and a LEGO store with PAB wall...........Yes, Virginia there is a Santa Claus !

Oh, we need pictures......oh, so badly !

Even without them......Lego take my money ! :laugh:

I wonder with the tram and tram stop they might be some track for it run on ?

Or is that wishful thinking ?

Also is it wishful thinking that the garage is actually a service station......please Lego ?

Plus the heavy haul train must be making it's debut at Lego World in February. :wink: (just like 3677 made it's surprise pop up a few years back)

Lego World has been a good source of first pictures in the last few years so not long to wait until this years show from 12-15 Feb.

New York Toy Fair is another where a lot of official photo release's happen and it runs 14-17 Feb.

I just hope that this new city square doesnt have a crane!!!