Davidbarrena

AoM - Mill Phase I: In the company of wolves.

My first MOC for GoH (in fact, my first MOC ever :classic: ), and my first entry for Age of Mitgardia.

I have very few white pieces (almost all used in the MOC), but I felt that my first Mitgardia entry had to be a snowy one, so this is what I got.

It was the worst winter in several years, and for the miller, the worst of his life. The two horses he owned had died because of the cold, and the town was dependent on him being able of doing his work.

The solution was desperate, but his years as a hunter gave him the skills. He captured two wolfs, and chained them to the mill, hoping it could work.

It did.

14245786693_0f2f181452_z.jpg

14225613085_49ea3dc26b_z.jpg

14222302301_19be2e4b66_z.jpg

Hope you like it. Comments and feedback are (very) welcome.

Saludos,

D.

Edited by Davidbarrena

This reminds me of one of my favorite Arnold Schwarzenegger movies. Just turn the snow to sand and replace the wolves with Conan.

Very good first MOC, and a nice start to the mill phases :thumbup: The millstone set up works nicely and I like the story :classic:

Nice work, I like the milling machine. I like the snow-scaping with the slopes, but it would look better if more of the studs were covered. Good start and keep up the good work :thumbup:

For your first MOC this creation looks excellent! :thumbup:

Great idea to use wolves to run the millstone, the snowscape is also quite nice.

Thanks everybody for your comments!

For your first MOC this creation looks excellent! :thumbup:

Great idea to use wolves to run the millstone, the snowscape is also quite nice.

To be honest, I don't have any horse yet, so I used what I had, and the story came later :classic:

Nice work, I like the milling machine. I like the snow-scaping with the slopes, but it would look better if more of the studs were covered. Good start and keep up the good work :thumbup:

Thanks for the advice. I'll add white tiles to the "basics" shopping list (already including, among others: grey bricks, blue&transparent pieces for water...and horses)

Nice build, especially for your first MOC.

I don't fancy the chances of the dude with the stick if things get nasty though. I would probably give him a more serious weapon and a whip as well.

Edited by DungeonsAndFlagons

Nice build, especially for your first MOC.

I don't fancy the chances of the dude with the stick if things get nasty though. I would probably give him a more serious weapon and a whip as well.

I thought in using a spear, but he is a true Mitgardian!, so he only needs a stick :laugh:

Really nice warg-mill :classic: I very much enjoy these kinds of scenes with a little bit of "everyday life". You came up with a very nice design for the mill, and i like the way you did the snowy terrain.

Clever idea David, that's a neat looking mill stone! The snow looks awesome but as mentioned above hiding some of those studs would definitely give it a smoother look. Other than that, great job sir for your first MOC!

Just make sure you bring more than just a stick if you happen to enter Nocturnus however. We eat wolves for brunch, usually with a slice of cantaloupe.

Innovative design! This is a great example that working with the bricks available may spawn new ideas :classic:

Nice AoM entry Saludos! (I will have to order some white pieces too sometime xd... )

Great work David! That definitely looks better than my first MOC. I really want to see your 50th MOC if your first one already looks like this :wub:.

Edited by Simon_S

Thanks all for your encouraging comments! I'm already planning the next AoM entry :)

Innovative design! This is a great example that working with the bricks available may spawn new ideas :classic:

Indeed. I've always found in many creative fields that having (or artificially setting) some limitations sparks your creativity and improves the final results (that doesn't mean that I'm not wishing to add a lot of bricks&pieces to my collection :classic:)