xwingyoda

Eiffel Tower (10181) Box Art

Wow, its the only iconic monument you guys have X-D Impressive, most impressive :-P

French Pride On !!

*yoda*

ok you french frog, i wasn't going to do this now that you're in this french craze with this eiffel tower set, but you just couldn't resist, could you? >:-) X-D

eat this:

waterloo-lion%20visitors%20center.jpg

remember this one, frenchy? X-D

*yoda* , I have a question

I'll visit Paris next weekend. Are the other seven ET availible in this shop or not until official release? Where is the shop exactly?

The other 7 are in the shop, no worries (with nearly all the others sets available). That shop is the Village Jou

And Watrerloo was lost ONLY because of the stupidity of ONE man >:-( But we do have our Austerlitz pride monument :-P

Place%20Vendome%20-%20Column.jpg :'-)

Still and Always French Pride ON !!

*yoda*

ah :'-) that's a monument! ah... ok... i was more thinking in the line of .... a compensation... X-D

Now I challenge Lego to put together an Atomium :

atomium3.jpg

Belgium pride on ! :-P

Link:

atomiumreal2.png_thumb.jpg ;-)

MfG

Sebastian

i have been thinking about this set since yesterday and i still havent made up my mind to wether i like it or not

it sure is an impressive set no doupt about it

and i like the way it is build

using basic bricks and no techinic ones was a surprise for me..

anyhow im surely not going to be getting this

im not in the market for such a set and in such a price...

it would be lovely to see it in a layout

standing behind the corner cafe! a lovely Paris image!!

and as far as monuments go my dear european friends i have to reply with this

the-parthenon.jpg

p505bc10040.jpg

check out this gallery for more monuments!

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=205153

I am so not into its design 8-| I always pictured the effeil tower differently, as something smooth, which isn't that rendered here :'-( Or maybe it just looks different in real :-/

Is there a way to make it MF sized though ?

Is there a way to make it MF sized though ?

Multi-multiples on! :-P

I didn't ment it that way... Is there a way to use some minifigs in it. I can see 2 X 1 X 5 bricks, and since 4,5 bricks is about a minifig's size...

Looking goood *y*!

Of course I had to pull a " *yoda*" - meaning leave for a day and the new set arrived >:-)!

This baby will stand beside my Statue Of Liberty, making it 2 out of 2 frenchbuilt monuments by Alexandre Gustave Eiffel X-D!

Looking forward to see more pictures.

Build On

copmike

Anyone know when it will be avilable in U.S. and how many U.S.D. it will cost? That info would be great if anyone knows!!! :-) *y*

I think that was a major subject of discussion among the designers and TLC. If you look at the tower from far away (I'm actually looking at it now), it looks grey. Since its a 1.08 meters tall set, I think it was intended to be looked from a distance - hence its grey colour.

Do you know which shade of grey is being used? I'm currently using a Mac so the gamma is different to that on Windows, and on this monitor the shade of grey looks more like old grey than the newer bley or light stone grey.

Of course I had to pull a " *yoda*" - meaning leave for a day and the new set arrived >:-)!

Looking forward to see more pictures.

"Pull a *yoda* " ow that is hysterical mike X-D Lets hope it will stay in the EB dictionnary :-P

OK here are some more WIP pics ;-)

First to all of you who wonder where are those micro scale shops and elevators here are some examples (there are a lot more of them in the set mind you)

img_4401.jpg

img_4402.jpg

img_4403.jpg

Now here a wips. I finally finished the first part of the Tower - the base so enjoy !!

img_4433.jpg wip

img_4437.jpg wip

img_4438.jpg finished

img_4439.jpg finished

img_4441.jpg finished

Do you know which shade of grey is being used? I'm currently using a Mac so the gamma is different to that on Windows, and on this monitor the shade of grey looks more like old grey than the newer bley or light stone grey.

Phes all the grey parts are Dark Bluish Grey (and NO other grey whatsoever ;-) ) - except to build the huge basepleate where light bluish grey was used.

If you go to brickshelf, youll see that it is all dark gray, but for some strange reason, some parts are bley while some are old gray

I can assure you there are NO old grey parts in there ;-)

*yoda*

Phes all the grey parts are Dark Bluish Grey (and NO other grey whatsoever ;-) ) - except to build the huge basepleate where light bluish grey was used.

Yeah, now that I'm using my regular monitor with Windows I can see the bluish greyness of the pieces.

Now we have to wait for the two other parts of the tower... :-)

Woo! This is awesome! Thanks *yoda* .

i have some technical questions...Yoda, could you give us box size and weight... thx in advance *sweet*