AJW

Museum London Underground tube station

In 1900, a second deep level tube railway was opened beneath London's streets by the Central London Railway company.

Some of these stations still exist forming part of London Underground's Central Line. This model illustrates how one of these stations would have looked in the 1930s.

Station facade with office building above:

13946684092_4f76cc04e9_c.jpg

13946685241_8433bb06f3_c.jpg

The facade hinges open to reveal the ticket hall and wooden panelled entrances to two lifts:

13969842693_f7ce991788_c.jpg

These stations were designed by the architect Harry Bell Measures. Unfortunately none have survived in the their original condition as they have either been demolished or had their lifts replaced by escalators:

13969840923_9878067afd_c.jpg

Link to album on Flickr

https://www.flickr.c...57644218199203/

AWESOME work again from you 'AJW', I really like the lift doors made from those containers.....wonderful brickwork and tiling.......Brick On 'AJW' ! :grin:

Super job! You've captured the facade of an old Tube Station perfectly and the hinged front is a nice touch. Good looking interior.

It definitely takes me back to my commuter time on the Central line (though obviously I don't recall the lifts).

Great MOC. Very realistic looking. Love the plate brickwork on the upper floor. One improvement suggestion: It would look better if you used SNOT to get rid of the row of white studs visible below the glass panel at the top of the entrance arches.

Thanks for showing us this! It looks great. The shapes you made out of tan on the facade make it interesting to look at.

Are you going to build an underground tunnel to go with it?

I absolutely adore how polished this model looks, especially those lift doors. An excellent piece of design. :thumbup:

It looks gorgeous! Really unmistakable, there's a true London vibe to it. Well done.

Awesome it look really great it reminds me the time I go london and on a very similar place we like to catch a Taxi and he wanted almost 50 pounds or more to take us so we walk

This looks great! Love the beautiful plate work and how it contrasts with the lower part of the facade. I also like how you've done the lift doors and the ticket window.

9198929916_b0540e73a9_o.png

Excellent work, I love your other station builds aswell. The use of boxes for the lift doors is great. I look forward to seeing more examples in the future!

This certainly looks like the tube station at Elephant and Castle in central London. Great job! I really like the archways.

I have no prior knowledge of how these should look. I've never been near one. But this in LEGO form is awesome.

I love the lift doors, the ticket window, even the flooring adds a lot to it. I can easily picture this in real life.

I was considering doing my Modular sidewalk like that too. I ordered a whole bunch of 1x2 and 2x2 dark bley tiles to see if I prefer the more cobblestone look or larger stone look.

I'd like it if LEGO released more of the classic smiley in licensed skin tone.