SkaForHire

(Completed) Call to Arms! Battle of The Wither Woods (And LDD Ch

POINT OF INTEREST #1

While riding up to save the troops from Carn, the paladin Romak Norr was one of the last surviving members of that advance. surrounded by Mitgardian berzerkers, he was able to fell their Warchief Ivan Goldhorn -- the man responsible for downing Heinsen a few minutes earlier. Despite downing an enemy hero, he has a long fight ahead of him.

14869291646_64031cc0f8_z.jpgDSC_3513 by skaforhire, on Flickr

POINT OF INTEREST #1

While riding up to save the troops from Carn, the paladin Romak Norr was one of the last surviving members of that advance. surrounded by Mitgardian berzerkers, he was able to fell their Warchief Ivan Goldhorn -- the man responsible for downing Heinsen a few minutes earlier. Despite downing an enemy hero, he has a long fight ahead of him.

14869291646_64031cc0f8_z.jpgDSC_3513 by skaforhire, on Flickr

At least the Mitgardian's dead. :thumbup: Good work Romak

Is my other wizard still alive? And did any of my troops live?

The wizard lived, however, the storytelling merc you had, has now been knocked unconscious (the story should be up soon)

The wizard lived, however, the storytelling merc you had, has now been knocked unconscious (the story should be up soon)

There seems to be a few unconsious men on my squad. At least they didn't die. Do you know if Heinsen will regain consiousness before or after the battle ends?

I guess I should get Writing but to answer a few questions, most of your troops, TUB, are unconscious the wizard is up and alive and that's about it, if I can make an advance in the middle and retrieve guys there is a chance heisen will rejoin the fight, Gleambeam will not, as I can't risk another random teleport, that's not to say he isn't alive, just that he is better off unconscious. To answer the question of who's writing for who, I always am writing for Dugals side, while ska is switching back and forth. With that I'll start writing the next bit and hope I don't double post.

Sergio's Battle Log: Pt. 1

I was wrong about so many things, I wasn't expecting Petera to be able to open up a portal behind our lines, the only thing that has kept them at bay seems their need for wanton destruction, these chaotic little bastards of creatures. It was going well until that damned portal.

At the beginning we'd advanced with the yeti Mark and Jakon pushing back waves of mercenaries by themselves Al'Leden's contingent we'd had edeployed over here taking care of the rising undead some bastard petera hired kept summoning, The Death Angels took heavy losses but kept going and dug into the line, as one would expect from their reputation, We'd all but won the line when the portal appeared, despite a puzzling development with that mage Garret brought, He hadn't said one word on the battlefield until this point, when He yelled to Garret, "You're needed in the East" and within seconds Garret and his horse were gone teleported away without so much as an explanation. To this point He'd all but deflected every spell that came our way shrugging them away like they were nothing, I have no clue who this man is but he can't be just some hedge mage Garret found.

My suspicions were confirmed, only moments after the large portal closed, Dugal the Alleenriders a band of travelers who decided to join our fight and myself had advanced up to the line I'd yet to engage but the series of events to come would leave me no choice but to change that. As we were heading to the front line The mage started to move, away from the his position on the river, he then turned around and rose his hands slowly.

14917801631_9bcbb01709_z.jpgDSC_3549 by skaforhire, on Flickr

As he rose his hands a large whirlpool the size of four houses appeared in the rivers and out of them came four boats, The first was manned By the Fabled Ghost Stone Dwarves, I've only heard rumors of their abilities but if it's true their blades made of Ghost ore allow them to travel anywhere unhindered, and even walk through walls Their clan has kept the secret location of the mine hidden for over 200 years. Among them Was a man I actually know quite well as I designed his weapon, a man named Gillette, He's one of Gears elites, a master of Arms he came to me asking for a challenging weapon to master, so i built him the Three bladed Scythe each blade only a hairs breathe away from the next, with a powerful swing the weapon will trisect any enemy, I can only hope he's mastered it by now.

14897912926_63a3602675_z.jpgDSC_1429 by skaforhire, on Flickr

The second Ship Belonged to the Crescent Thorn Elves, and on it was a squad of archers and one of their enforcers, I can't say I know much about them but they are supposed to be good shots, I hope they live up to that reputation.

14917833741_31242c618a_z.jpgDSC_1421 by skaforhire, on Flickr

The third ship was an amazing surprise this mage had moved not only two transport ships but one of Gears most infamous ships, The Endora, the crew are some of gears Highest earning acquistions officers. And their ship is said to be one of the fastest on the seas.

14917830451_69ffb7e64a_z.jpgDSC_1423 by skaforhire, on Flickr

The last ship was Almost more surprising than the Endora, I can only reason this is the result of the mages disappearance, The ship had a dwarven rocket launcher attached to the port side and a steady crew to man it, When I saw this turn of event I was filled with relief but that wouldn't last.

I turned to Dugal and Asked, "Who is this man", And Dugal only Replied, "If we live the new Headmaster of the Eastgate College of Magic."

~ To be Continued...

Edited by Scarst

Hahaha, Gillette! I hope he gives Petera's forces more than just a close shave... :laugh: Hopefully Garret can help out the right flank a bit too. Oh, and great developments - luck dragon vs Dwarven rocket launcher, which will prevail?

I guess I should get Writing but to answer a few questions, most of your troops, TUB, are unconscious the wizard is up and alive and that's about it, if I can make an advance in the middle and retrieve guys there is a chance heisen will rejoin the fight, Gleambeam will not, as I can't risk another random teleport, that's not to say he isn't alive, just that he is better off unconscious. To answer the question of who's writing for who, I always am writing for Dugals side, while ska is switching back and forth. With that I'll start writing the next bit and hope I don't double post.

I heard Gleambeam was dead. Nice one Gabe! I really wonder how this battle will turn out.

Thank to the heavens for the rocket launcher. :laugh:

I heard Gleambeam was dead. Nice one Gabe! I really wonder how this battle will turn out.

Gleambeam by game rules is only unconscious, of course, after the battle, if you want him to succumb to his wounds and make a MOC about that you could... or you could do the opposite and make him have a full recovery, that is totally up to you.

Lots of people died today, and the battle is almost wrapped up. Hopefully We will finish tonight and have all the battle reports done in the next two days... along with MOCs of characters surrendering, tending to the battlefield etc...

Chapter 11 – A quick Setback

In the Hand of Bryar Rollins, corporal in the GEAR 5th Mounted Auxiliary. “The Guardians”

(Sided with Dugal)

We arrived on the field late, as we were kept in reserve. By the time we took the field, Petera’s side had already brought the luck dragon in. We were accompanied by the Local Kaliphlin Guard Legion, who had also sided with Dugal.

14734204959_21597b9aa9_z.jpgDSC_3557 by skaforhire, on Flickr

We actually had a flanking maneuver on Mikeo and his band of troops behind our main line, but we had watched the 1st Heavy Cav, the Titans, crash against the pike wielding dwarf snake line with no success. They had veered off to attack another thread that had teleported into the back of our main line… along with helping Dugal who had found himself in the same teleport.

However, as we marched hard towards Mikeo’s position, he raised his sword and above our heads the sky opened. Out poured razor sharp icicles that tore our flesh, and froze us to the bone. A large portion of the Kaliphlin guard were hit by huge icicles, and they succumbed to their wounds.

14754523579_003ec07c68_z.jpgice by skaforhire, on Flickr

We had barely been on the field, and so many of our allies were dead.

Looking ahead of us we could see that Lord Zach’s men were not fairing as well either. Many of their troops had already fallen to Mikeo’s elite solders.

To the far right we saw a mage start summoning, and to our surprise four ships came from the deep. Apparently it was some sort of transport spell. The ships included some GEAR Co. Acquisition Officers, Ghoststone Dwarves under Ungrim Ironmaul, and some fancy contraption that is supposed to throw fireballs or something.

14734265068_db2df553b4_z.jpgDSC_3551 by skaforhire, on Flickr

14920536962_3e32633f48_z.jpgDSC_1437 by skaforhire, on Flickr

We still rode forward looking to avenge our fallen brothers… now knowing that help was coming from the river.

14897841286_f0eff9b575_z.jpgDSC_3597 by skaforhire, on Flickr

So my question is, is there a fourth ship that we're supposed to imagine is there, or am I blind, cause I only see 3.

So my question is, is there a fourth ship that we're supposed to imagine is there, or am I blind, cause I only see 3.

Same here. Or is the rocket launcher on land?

Same here. Or is the rocket launcher on land?

You'll see it later it took two turns to bring in ships much like the portal with the army then the luck dragon, so the Rocket launcher ship actually came in on the second turn of summoning I just wrote a little ahead of the pictures, on another note we just finished the battle tonight, we have a lot of reports to write as we didn't write many main features including some deaths. I'd say there are at least 5 characters on Dugals side that will write at least one report and a few on Peteras, as the middle of the battle field hasn't been well covered. As well as some characters that were allowed to be killed surrendered due to overwhelming odds so we will be having prisoner of war MoC's, as the victors will revive anyone they deem profitable.

Edited by SkaForHire

Lord Damaximus is preparing his troops just outside of Eastgate so he can easily participate on the outcome of the battle :)

Sorry for the double post!

Here the 450 soldiers who are sieging Eastgate.

14774133500_fd89ba13a4_c.jpg

Wow I have a really small collection...

I have about 300 complete minifigs in my whole collection, between Star Wars, castle and other.... I need more money for Legos :)

Edited by Zach101

Wow I have a really small collection...

I have about 300 complete minifigs in my whole collection, between Star Wars, castle and other.... I need more money for Legos :)

Mine's really small but yes, me too! :blush:

Chapter 12

Rise of the King

The thoughts of Fenghen Wade, King of Historica. (Fighting for Petera)

(For more on Fenghen Wade, if you had time, read the Battle of Khordeem where some of the plot elements are more explained)

IT was a beautiful morning. The weather hot, but not too sticky. Everything was going perfectly. Wade had just met with Petera the night before. The Valkarian Order had recognized his claim to the throne of Historica, and were now putting all their backing behind him.

It had been a long year. Since the king went missing there had been many pretenders attempting to take the throne. The Avalonian Stewardship was lacking to say the least, and the citizens of Cedrica and its vast territory outside of the city were getting restless with one of the ruled ruling the rulers. The last year a game of houses swept over the capital and into the far reaches of the nation. Wade’s own manner outside the Avalonian border had even fallen into the schemes of many when his banquet was attacked by assassins. The head of his family, his Uncle, was murdered before him, and his second son Farrion (one of the survivors of the Battle of Khordeem) was barely able to fight off his attacker. Fenghen was not attacked however, and the game of houses had begun. The Wades were descended from King Leo, one of the great Historican kings. Although they were long from the throne at the beginning of the Revolword War, things have a way of turning sour quickly. The Wades soon found themselves as a powerful house in the high court governing Cedrica city affairs.

It was at this time that Petera, an old friend of his first son, Fenghen II, came to Fenghen to thank him personally for his part at Khordeem. He also told him of the old Valkarian order – an order Fenghen’s father had belonged to long ago – and the order’s plan to seat a new, strong king on the throne of Historica. It just so happened that the Order had decided that Wade’s claim was the most viable. At his instruction, one month ago to the day, Wade announced his title as King of Historica, backed by many of the houses within Cedrica. Although there were naysayers, and surely a larger civil war to come, Petera had suggested that Wade bring his troops to the Wither Woods to establish a support base. Wade was given command of a large army, and was informed by Petera that reinforcements would be arriving via portal. He was also given one of Petera’s generals, Alden Logan, Second Lord of Eastgate, to fight at the front of the line. This was fine, the king was here to inspire, not take an arrow to the neck.

He shook his head… battle! He looked before him. The first line moving forward nicely. He had let Logan plan most of the battle, but they both agreed that they would send a heavy cavalry spearhead attack up the road at full charge, and then follow up with Wade gloriously running through the surviving enemy afterwards, and sweeping back around to hit the enemy in the back.

14567466870_f71995c118_z.jpgDSC_1361 by skaforhire, on Flickr

A few minutes later…

Things did not go as well as planned, the Dreadfists were skewered by PGTC spearmen and a rabid gnome. They fell quickly, many not surviving the first five minutes of the charge. On Dugal’s side the Titans had counter charged.

14751625216_db466f8509_z.jpgDSC_3415 by skaforhire, on Flickr

It was time for his men to pick up the slack. He sent two squads of the heaviest of his soldiers, the Eastgate Redguard forward in front of him.

14587889360_9db3ced08c_z.jpgDSC_1362 by skaforhire, on Flickr

He then had them peel off to the right and left, while he sent his nephew Drexis with his heavy cavalry squad up the middle to counter the GEAR Titans.

14587904128_35e53c73cb_z.jpgDSC_1406 by skaforhire, on Flickr

Although Drexis’ small unit did not fare so well, the second wave would do better.

14705648610_aa8d9f0573_z.jpgDSC_3473 by skaforhire, on Flickr

Just then, the Men of the Golden Mask, some party of zealots from the deep south took action with a second counter charge. They led with an Oliphant – I must get a few of these for the war of thrones -- Though Wade

14869323126_6a39a02f1c_z.jpgDSC_3488 by skaforhire, on Flickr

The elephant crushed his poor nephew under heavy foot.

14920466242_59eea0317f_z.jpgDSC_3610 by skaforhire, on Flickr

Still, the middle looks strong, Wade thought. A portal opened almost 100 yards behind Dugal (who wade could see on the other end of the field, because of his large plume.)

DSC_3610 by skaforhire, on Flickr

14705928380_640d3ac5ab_z.jpgportal by skaforhire, on Flickr

Out popped Mikeo, the long dead brother MacLean, and a luck dragon --- a LUCK DRAGON. That was a surprise. These troops would probably eat Dugal’s for dinner.

It was at this moment that he felt a tingling. The second of Petera’s promises were about to come true. The archmage had promised that his mistress, the feared Stormmistress Avona, to cast a planar duel – a single combat to the death in another tiny dimension – between him and a bitter rival: Garret Hailfist. Hailfist had caused the death of his first son at Khordeem, Fenghen agreed to come to the Wither Woods on the condition that he would get to fight Hailfist to avenge Fenghen II. Petera promised that this could be done. And so he delivered.

14779522648_b468b607de_z.jpgplanar combat1 by skaforhire, on Flickr

The world swirled around Wade. Flashes of lightning, mist surrounding him, he was on a crumbling platform in infinite space. Across from him on the platform stood Hailfist.

“Now you will die!” screamed Wade.

14966131775_26d72750f7_z.jpgplanar combat 2 by skaforhire, on Flickr

“Uhh… Who are you?” the enemy muttered.

“You know damn well, you killed my son!” Wade said.

“Oh, I didn’t recognize you in the King’s armor, I thought only men of integrity and courage wore such garb.” Hailfist said sarcastically.

Wade lunged at his enemy to vanquish him from this existence.

Edited by SkaForHire

Chapter 13

Pushes and Pestering.

In the hand of Alden Logan, Second Lord of Eastgate, serving Petera.

My Lord Petera,

I humbly submit my battle report as follows.

You no doubt have received my first report, so I will pick up after the Luck Dragon arrived. As you stated, Wade was led to believe he was in charge of the army – I still do not know why you want him king -- he commanded his heavy cavalry to pick up where the Dreadfists failed up the road, he also commanded the Blue Spears on our left flank to harass the end of the middle line of battle. They did well against the mountain mummies there, but alas, I have no report of what became of them from that point.

14891920772_ea5d84dc00_z.jpgDSC_3527 by skaforhire, on Flickr

I should mention that I wore the Helm of Protection that you gave me, I am pretty sure the enemy attempted to strike me with lightning once or twice, but never did it connect. I thank you my liege.

14705928380_640d3ac5ab_z.jpgportal by skaforhire, on Flickr

In the middle we had a few close calls, but our line pushed back at theirs well.

14920944265_21c80ffe0a_z.jpgDSC_1404 by skaforhire, on Flickr

14917808491_5fa081844e_z.jpgDSC_1436 by skaforhire, on Flickr

14734250277_e5b16a102a_z.jpgDSC_3607 by skaforhire, on Flickr

We almost got the sniveling Nar Grisan, who in combination with a mage from their side struck down many of our warriors with lightening arrows. The Wind Clan Centaur you assigned to me almost hit him with a lightning bolt, but he back-flipped off his horse onto one of the rock formations. The horse was killed though.

14780031417_94d43ebe9a_z.jpgbam by skaforhire, on Flickr

14966577665_35c0a5acf9_z.jpgbam2 by skaforhire, on Flickr

Avona was able to finally stop the Elephant, by killing its riders. 14780032027_260a3e98fc_z.jpgbam3 by skaforhire, on Flickr

The appearance of the boats on Dugal’s side was an obstacle though. They were unloading fresh troops, but it was the Dwarven rocket ship prototype that was the biggest threat. They must have brought it here while still in dock, because the thing was not finished… except for its weapon.

14943077095_a8a7655118_z.jpgDSC_3632 by skaforhire, on Flickr

We did score success in the middle of the line by slaying Torgonius. He had cost us a lot of blood in the middle. And after his death, I was pretty sure we had secured the middle.

14756340659_3b7652fb3b_z.jpgDSC_3695 by skaforhire, on Flickr

To be continued.

We did score success in the middle of the line by slaying Torgonius. He had cost us a lot of blood in the middle. And after his death, I was pretty sure we had secured the middle.

14756340659_3b7652fb3b_z.jpgDSC_3695 by skaforhire, on Flickr

To be continued.

Edited by SkaForHire