C0zmic

LEGOLAND non-production parts

Bricklink lists no 2 x 2 round tiles in trans-clear (printed or otherwise).

1 x 1 round tiles in trans-clear (printed and unprinted) are easy to get though.

On 7/18/2016 at 9:37 AM, 1974 said:

Tintin was a ready made theme due to release. There was figs (normal minifigs or ? - don't know), sets and commercial stuff - ready to go

Source : I know someone who saw it all (but pics was not allowed back then)

Why did it not get released ? : This was pre 2K, before TLG really ventured into IP. Also the Hergé Foundation (who manages "Tintin" after Georges Remi died) are very difficult to deal with

Monty Python : This was talked about after that short movie (hearsay, not something I know directly, sorry). Many special parts was used, but NOT made for that movie (they we're actually allready in TLG's stock - but never released)

I know they sold of a lot from their BL shop after the movie. Don't have any first hand knowledge but I know MP didn't like to have their art commercialized. Also, it would be way too risky for TLG to go into that as their first IP

The maze/club is from that movie (and TLG's never released stock)

(That's all I know for know but, yes, I _am_ drilling my source about Tintin!!)

Cheers,

Ole

odd_80.JPG

That's not actually the whole video. It's much longer and was included in one of the MP DVDs

I know this is a bit old, but is there any more information on this? Would absolutely love to know more about this possible Tintin theme.

On 21/1/2017 at 7:04 AM, SandMirror38 said:

I know this is a bit old, but is there any more information on this? Would absolutely love to know more about this possible Tintin theme.

I have a wee bit more information. The information comes from an old LEGO designer who saw this sometime in the late 90's

"Yes, that Tintin series would have worked well with that movie that came out a few years ago (the Spielberg one), but it probably got cancelled due to legal problems" (Hence my note on how notoriously difficult the Hergé Foundation is to work with)

"I remember seeing a large cardboard cutout with images of several Tintin LEGO models. There were two different moon rockets, one large (50cm) and a smaller one (20cm). There was also an image of the shark submarine. Also pictures of several different minifigs ; Tintin, Haddock, Dupont/Dupond (The Thompsons) and the professor" (I've asked if they had normal minfig heads/parts, but he does not remember)

"I remember asking other colleagues if they knew anything else, but nobody knew. Back then we're were divided into teams and I honestly didn't know much about what went on outside my own area. The Tintin stuff was placed in a sort of no-mans-land that you just sorta passed through at work. so I have no further information, sadly"

(Also, this was pre phones with cameras and it was most definitely NOT allowed to snap pics while working at TLG, as I've been told. TLG got in some pretty deep trouble when some employees leaked stuff from Star Wars Episode 1 well before the movie was launched .. but that's another story for another rainy day)

Cheers,

Ole

7 hours ago, 1974 said:

I have a wee bit more information. The information comes from an old LEGO designer who saw this sometime in the late 90's

"Yes, that Tintin series would have worked well with that movie that came out a few years ago (the Spielberg one), but it probably got cancelled due to legal problems" (Hence my note on how notoriously difficult the Hergé Foundation is to work with)

"I remember seeing a large cardboard cutout with images of several Tintin LEGO models. There were two different moon rockets, one large (50cm) and a smaller one (20cm). There was also an image of the shark submarine. Also pictures of several different minifigs ; Tintin, Haddock, Dupont/Dupond (The Thompsons) and the professor" (I've asked if they had normal minfig heads/parts, but he does not remember)

"I remember asking other colleagues if they knew anything else, but nobody knew. Back then we're were divided into teams and I honestly didn't know much about what went on outside my own area. The Tintin stuff was placed in a sort of no-mans-land that you just sorta passed through at work. so I have no further information, sadly"

(Also, this was pre phones with cameras and it was most definitely NOT allowed to snap pics while working at TLG, as I've been told. TLG got in some pretty deep trouble when some employees leaked stuff from Star Wars Episode 1 well before the movie was launched .. but that's another story for another rainy day)

Cheers,

Ole

Thanks for this! 

Obviously I don't know how real this is, but damn what a shame this is that this line never got released or even revealed, as a big Tintin fan myself I would've absolutely loved for them to make the line but I know that the Herge Foundation is a very odd when it comes to merchandise for Tintin.

Hopefully one day we can get some picture somewhere, I'd love to hear more but no pressure, just pass along what you hear.

Just came across this awesome topic!

I also got some non-production parts some years ago. I was told the seller bought them at Legoland Germany.

loot !

The orange pieces are "Very Light Orange", according to Ryan Howerter (eldeeem on Flickr). I personally haven't found a piece that matches them.

The purple 1x2 and 1x3 bricks are Medium Violet (Lego calls this color 112 Medium Bluish Violet).

The wing plate  is "Medium Lime"

The 2x3 brick is Light Yellow

All other parts are not that rare, I just did not know when I took the photo.

And I have these awesome Trans-Clear hands :wub:

Clear hands!

Edited by q_159
clarify image description

Are the trans-clear hands identical in shape to the regular opaque hands? Do they feel weak or at risk of breaking?

9 hours ago, jonwil said:

Are the trans-clear hands identical in shape to the regular opaque hands? Do they feel weak or at risk of breaking?

They are identical in shape, yes. A bit harder to push into a minifig arm, but the arms didn't break yet.

I did not try to stick something into the hands from the front (I fear the "fingers" break when they are spread apart), but pushing a bar into them from the top works fine

Ole, 

I love that mace!

Do you have a group photo of all the unreleased weapons & body wear you have in your collection?

Also I believe you posted a beard at some point, is that the one in the medieval market village prototype set?   

5 hours ago, q_159 said:

They are identical in shape, yes. A bit harder to push into a minifig arm, but the arms didn't break yet.

I did not try to stick something into the hands from the front (I fear the "fingers" break when they are spread apart), but pushing a bar into them from the top works fine

I doubt there should be much risk of them breaking… polycarbonate is generally a very sturdy material, and I'm assuming that's what these are. My bigger worry would be them getting stuck or causing damage to transparent arm pieces, since the hand–arm connection is very tight and polycarbonate parts don't handle tight connections to each other so well.

6 minutes ago, Aanchir said:

I doubt there should be much risk of them breaking… polycarbonate is generally a very sturdy material, and I'm assuming that's what these are. My bigger worry would be them getting stuck or causing damage to transparent arm pieces, since the hand–arm connection is very tight and polycarbonate parts don't handle tight connections to each other so well.

I know there should be no risk, but given how rare they are, I don't do it anyway.

The hands are actually connected to white arms, which are so common that I don't care about them if they really get damaged.

40 Transparent

I hope at some day I will have a complete Trans-Clear minifig, but for now I have not even seen arms in this color.

By the way, there is also this test-run minifig somewhere in a drawer at Billund (photo from Derek)

The Human Torch calls for backup

On 29/1/2017 at 6:01 AM, SandMirror38 said:

Thanks for this! 

Obviously I don't know how real this is, but damn what a shame this is that this line never got released or even revealed, as a big Tintin fan myself I would've absolutely loved for them to make the line but I know that the Herge Foundation is a very odd when it comes to merchandise for Tintin.

Hopefully one day we can get some picture somewhere, I'd love to hear more but no pressure, just pass along what you hear.

Well, we're just strangers on the internet, I know, but everything my source have told me so far checks out. I have quite a few more interesting tidbits in the near future, but I have to make sure it's okay for public display :blush:

I know TLG has "the Vault", but I'm not sure record keeping of such old projects are regarded in the same vein? I know Mark Stafford/Nabii is a keen LEGO archaeologist so perhaps he knows something ..

Cheers,

Ole

On February 11, 2017 at 7:09 PM, 1974 said:

Well, we're just strangers on the internet, I know, but everything my source have told me so far checks out. I have quite a few more interesting tidbits in the near future, but I have to make sure it's okay for public display :blush:

I know TLG has "the Vault", but I'm not sure record keeping of such old projects are regarded in the same vein? I know Mark Stafford/Nabii is a keen LEGO archaeologist so perhaps he knows something ..

Cheers,

Ole

Hopefully you can share! 

Whoa, cool.

To be honest, if someone had shown those to me I wouldn't have thought twice about them and assumed them to be production parts... at least the striped ones and the ones with the buttons & monitor.
But all of them had actually been printed on yellow for Blacktron.

some new parts arrived :-)

Non production parts!

Yes, trans-clear minifig arm :wub:

Edited by q_159