Truly awesome, cant wait to see it with wings!

My god! This thing looks incredible 'in real life'! Beautiful. It must have been one hell of a job to figure out how to build it...

13597349344_2d3202249e_c.jpg

The Batwing - WIP #11 by Brickmasta at Flickr

Currently on the finish line, putting together my (hopefully) last Bricklink Order so I can get this baby done. Put all together now for a test fitting to see if my idea for a base showing a hovering Batwing can work... and it does!

Boy, this baby is huge, as you can see I would even need 4 big base plates to cover all up :-)

13596973605_f64d87cd34_c.jpg

13596972975_7c3d86f2dd_c.jpg

Batman is getting really excited! Hope you guys are also excited :grin:

Edited by Brickmasta

That is awesome! Does it have room for Emmet, wyldstyle, batman, and vitruvius?

That is awesome! Does it have room for Emmet, wyldstyle, batman, and vitruvius?

Yes :) Although since Vitruvius doesn't come with moving legs... I'll exchange them to sit him down in there :)

But it is nearly 1:1 out of the movie, only minor changes and stability fixes... the length and size in studs is exactly the same!! Minifigure compatible :)

WHOA that is totally awesome and it is huge.

You mister have done a really great job recreating this thing, when I saw the movie I didn´t notice that the wings were that big.

That would make a nice official Lego collection set :classic:

Looking great, can't wait to see the final result - and I see that you also work in orange :wink:

Oh my gosh. I was really disappointed that they didn't release a set of this but I guess I didn't realize how enormous it is! What's your estimated piece count?

I love this project. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to identify all those needed bricks and connections from the reference of a few screen captures - amazing!

Is that some light blueish grey I see? I thougt Batman "only works in black and some very, very dark grey!" :laugh:

Edited by Blacktron

Batman was lying :tongue:

I spent countless hours in the video game to rebuild it and take a detailed look at the parts and connections and what I need to do... but still amazes me how someone can come up with this like from scratch.

I love this project. I can only imagine how difficult it must be to identify all those needed bricks and connections from the reference of a few screen captures - amazing!

Is that some light blueish grey I see? I thougt Batman "only works in black and some very, very dark grey!" :laugh:

I also spy a little bit of yellow and blue! :wink: I can't believe I haven't commented on this yet, this project is truly AWESOME (as is everything). :cry_happy:

I wish that technic beam you used for the wing connection was available in black. (And I bet that you do, too.)

Either way, this ought to be front paged... Maybe some different pictures?

Yeah there are some parts that are not available in the color... but nevermind, gives it a more personal touch :wink:

When this piece is finished I will do a high quality shooting to get nice pictures of it which will hopefully be then featured :blush:

Thank you all for your great feedback and support!

13822900524_e4d1bab6b8_c.jpg

The Batwing - WIP #013 by Brickmasta at Flickr

Next detail finished, had to improvise again and change this as the big chain piece is not fitting together with the small sticks... they are a bit to thin for the chain-connector, so I did it like this to come as close as possible to the movie version!

Now finishing up the interior and rear section, if everything is progressing as planned I may be finished by next weekend...! :grin: