Are the shackles for your leaf springs in the front?

Is this the way the Mustang is in reality?

Or a I misreading the pictures?

Every leaf sprung vehicle I have ever seen has the shackle in the rear.

v/r

Andy

I agree! Great front grill, and do I see a dashboard coming along in dark grey?

Yes, that is a dashboard.

Are the shackles for your leaf springs in the front?

Is this the way the Mustang is in reality?

Or a I misreading the pictures?

Every leaf sprung vehicle I have ever seen has the shackle in the rear.

v/r

Andy

Thanks for pointing that out, I'll redo the leaf spring mounts tonight.

Got my leaf springs printed today! Just a little cleanup needed (one edge sanded and a hole expanded slightly). Installing these tonight and working on the rear end this weekend.

12844167244_f8c87ea624_o.jpg

If anyone's wondering what happened to the car, I've been at a creative roadblock this past week. This is partially due to breaking both leafsprings (one while drilling holes, one on the chassis):

13043305945_25259f9685_o.jpg

I did start working on the rear end, but nothing I'm too happy with.

13043654164_a71a8d98b5_o.jpg

I will try changing the bodywork color to black (not too motivated to build a full body in LDD and then order parts). If that doesn't work out, I'll end up moving to another build.

That must be very frustrating. I hope you persevere, though - you've put a lot of good work into this project.

For the leaf springs, as long as you're going the non-Lego route, have you considered brass? Hobby shops sell thin brass sheets and strips, and I suspect you could bend the ends of a strip into loops using needle-nosed pliers.

That must be very frustrating. I hope you persevere, though - you've put a lot of good work into this project.

For the leaf springs, as long as you're going the non-Lego route, have you considered brass? Hobby shops sell thin brass sheets and strips, and I suspect you could bend the ends of a strip into loops using needle-nosed pliers.

That's a pretty interesting idea...I'm going to a hobby store today so I'll see what they have to offer. Thanks for the suggestion :thumbup:

I am really sorry to hear that, as I have been eagerly awaiting an update. I too think you have a great thing going here, dont give up!

tim

The leafs were very cool. I think the design is great, but obviously it needs to be injected molded abs or something more sturdy than printed. Unless printed can print better plastic? Your prototype is very promising. I'm looking for leaf springs sings many many american cars used them and still do.

Use leaf springs made out of 2 8x1 plates, like i do. They are pretty soft and are perfect.

what about 1x9 4141300, I don't actually have one but they looking more "realistic"

1397-src.jpg

For a leaf spring? There's no mounting point for the axle...

Use leaf springs made out of 2 8x1 plates, like i do. They are pretty soft and are perfect.

Do you have a picture of a setup using those?

For a leaf spring? There's no mounting point for the axle...

without a big problems you can put a rubber brick 1x2 on the middle if it (I try on smaller one 1x6)

That's a damn shame about the leaf springs. I was looking forward to future updates. Racing mustangs are frequently upgraded to a truck arms back in the day. It may be more gratifying to change course than give up. Instead of a stock 68 Stang, go to a 68 racing stang. It could end up like a Trans Am racer.

v/r

Andy

hey, where did this project get to, what is the status? really keen to know, I have been working on a '67 Shelby GT500 on and off for a couple years now when time has allowed. Has been a mission of hundreds rebuilds to perfect things.. could probably talk about similar problems etc..

hey, where did this project get to, what is the status? really keen to know, I have been working on a '67 Shelby GT500 on and off for a couple years now when time has allowed. Has been a mission of hundreds rebuilds to perfect things.. could probably talk about similar problems etc..

I've kinda given up on this project, although I did make building instructions of the front axle. Unfortunately, those files got deleted (dad forgot to ask before formatting the camera's memory card), so for now, this project is on long-term hold. :sceptic:

I did, however, redesign my leaf springs:

14494699936_64e103d276_o.png

Edited by Victor Kojenov (TFOL)

sh**, tough lines... I'm loving the springs. I feel for you, any technic big car is hard to build, way harder than I gave credit to when I started out. Hopefully you learnt some stuff along the way. Is there another project?

Here is some pics from my '67, the proportions, the bodywork, the internal structuring, the mechanics have taken a long time to get viable. Last time I had a go at her I learnt that my gearbox is probably built the back to front so that will need another entire rebuilt. Will easily be 3000+ pieces when done.

post-21278-0-03241400-1403854853_thumb.jpg