Sir Brickalot

Future The LEGO Movie Sets - Wishlist

I saw the movie, but I don't remember a dog. Could someone explain what that was?

Edited by arc

See a lot of people mentioning The Batwing in this thread. I'm actually in the process of building a version of it, by referring to the video game's in-game model and the unlockable build of it.

I've pretty much got the LDD file and part list sorted, and am waiting on just one Bricklink order left before I start building.

A few things to note about it already...

- Not sure if this is true of the model used in the film, but the game version actually features bricks that are one stud wide and... five studs long, which LEGO don't actually make. This is clearest on-screen in the game during the Old West hub world, where you can see the underside clearly.

- Pretty much everything else, however, is a 'real' piece (obviously, that's the film's entire 'hook') and the connections/build appears sturdy. I'm concerned the wings will be a bit unwieldy, though - and am assuming the whole finished ship (which will measure over 50cm wide given the wingspan) will be more a display piece, not something my son could easily swoop around.

- In total, it's over 1,000 pieces, which suggests that, if LEGO were to release an official version, it'll be $100+. The cockpit seats four, so it'd be four figures with it, right? A lot like Benny's ship. I doubt LEGO would release it, though - it's about 990 black bricks plus 20 or so grey ones.

- Also, some of the pieces are rare or at least hard to find. No UK sellers on Bricklink or Brickowl had about ten of the pieces - and each of those are some of the important final touches for the wing shape, etc and are needed up to ten times each.

Anyway, will share some pictures when I'm done - should be during the week.

See a lot of people mentioning The Batwing in this thread. I'm actually in the process of building a version of it, by referring to the video game's in-game model and the unlockable build of it.

I've pretty much got the LDD file and part list sorted, and am waiting on just one Bricklink order left before I start building.

A few things to note about it already...

- Not sure if this is true of the model used in the film, but the game version actually features bricks that are one stud wide and... five studs long, which LEGO don't actually make. This is clearest on-screen in the game during the Old West hub world, where you can see the underside clearly.

- Pretty much everything else, however, is a 'real' piece (obviously, that's the film's entire 'hook') and the connections/build appears sturdy. I'm concerned the wings will be a bit unwieldy, though - and am assuming the whole finished ship (which will measure over 50cm wide given the wingspan) will be more a display piece, not something my son could easily swoop around.

- In total, it's over 1,000 pieces, which suggests that, if LEGO were to release an official version, it'll be $100+. The cockpit seats four, so it'd be four figures with it, right? A lot like Benny's ship. I doubt LEGO would release it, though - it's about 990 black bricks plus 20 or so grey ones.

- Also, some of the pieces are rare or at least hard to find. No UK sellers on Bricklink or Brickowl had about ten of the pieces - and each of those are some of the important final touches for the wing shape, etc and are needed up to ten times each.

Anyway, will share some pictures when I'm done - should be during the week.

Are you the one who's been posting your progress and reference pics on Flickr? If so, I've loved what I've seen! I think it would indeed be hard for us mere mortals to build, but I think it could still work as a set. Lego has the prerogative to change the design both to simplify it and reinforce it, and they can potentially put rare colors of a piece back into production.

No, that's not me.

Got a link to them? I've been searching to see if anyone else has attempted this to no avail so far!

I doubt LEGO would release it, though - it's about 990 black bricks plus 20 or so grey ones.

Well, Batman does only work in black or sometimes very dark grey :grin:

I would like to see some of those Super Secret Police vehicles you could see in the Super Cycle chase scene. Maybe a set with that wooden vehicle pulled by pigs Wyldstyle built to escape the Wild West area.

I just saw the movie a second time and I realized what figure could come with the DVD: pre-mutilation Metalbeard!

Maybe, but I think it's much more likely to be pre-blinding Vitruvius. I think pre-mutilation Metalbeard just uses the CMF pirate captain torso (in fact, I think the "beard" is the same piece as the set, just attached to the top of the "neck stud").

Maybe, but I think it's much more likely to be pre-blinding Vitruvius. I think pre-mutilation Metalbeard just uses the CMF pirate captain torso (in fact, I think the "beard" is the same piece as the set, just attached to the top of the "neck stud").

Still, it'd be fun to recreate this hearty crew:

Metalbeard_Crew.png

I'd like to see a new torso print for him, uh, though it's still unknown where his body had gone....

Thinking of it, I would like to see a Lego Movie Advent Calendar more then a Lego Ninjago Advent Calendar now.

What I would like to see in a Lego Movie Advent Calendar from 1 day to day 24 is;

Day 1: Emmet (with a Instructions Book recolor in Red), Day 2: Toy Emmet's Constructo-Mech, Day 3: Plantie, Day 4: Robot Elf (Mainly it this Elfwith Silver Ears and This Robot head with green eyes), Day 5: Toy Micro Manager, Day 6: Benny, Day 7: Toy SPACESHIP (1/2), Day 8: Toy SPACESHIP (2/2), Day 9: MetalBeard (minifigure with a Red Sword), Day 10: Toy MetalBeard's Sea Cow, Day 11: MetalBeard (toy), Day 12: Unikitty, Day 13: RAINBOWS, Day 14: Toy Castle Cavalry, Day 15: Good Cop, Day 16: Chair, Day 17: Toy Super Secret Police Dropship, Day 18: President Business, Day 19: Kragle Gun, 20: Christmas Presents (One in Blue and Orange and the other in Black and Pink), Day 21: Rainbow Christmas Tree, Day 22: Random Lego Movie Collectible Minifigures Page, Day 23: Vituvius Sled (small Blue Present and Small Trans-Pink Present), Day 24: Santa Vitruvius.

Edited by ShadowWolfHount

Thinking of it, I would like to see a Lego Movie Advent Calendar more then a Lego Ninjago Advent Calendar now.

What I would like to see in a Lego Movie Advent Calendar from 1 day to day 24 is;

Day 1: Emmet (with a Instructions Book recolor in Red), Day 2: Toy Emmet's Constructo-Mech, Day 3: Plantie, Day 4: Robot Elf (Mainly it this Elfwith Silver Ears and This Robot head with green eyes), Day 5: Toy Micro Manager, Day 6: Benny, Day 7: Toy SPACESHIP (1/2), Day 8: Toy SPACESHIP (2/2), Day 9: MetalBeard (minifigure with a Red Sword), Day 10: Toy MetalBeard's Sea Cow, Day 11: MetalBeard (toy), Day 12: Unikitty, Day 13: RAINBOWS, Day 14: Toy Castle Cavalry, Day 15: Good Cop, Day 16: Chair, Day 17: Toy Super Secret Police Dropship, Day 18: President Business, Day 19: Kragle Gun, 20: Christmas Presents (One in Blue and Orange and the other in Black and Pink), Day 21: Rainbow Christmas Tree, Day 22: Random Lego Movie Collectible Minifigures Page, Day 23: Vituvius Sled (small Blue Present and Small Trans-Pink Present), Day 24: Santa Vitruvius.

I don't know how effective a Lego Movie Advent Calendar would be, but I had a couple other ideas for a slightly different Lego Movie Advent Calendar after you suggested it, and thinking of The Lego Movie and Christmas gave me another, non-set idea. It'd be great if either the folks who made The Lego Movie or a good BrickFilm studio like Paganomation could make a CGI or stop-motion "Lego Movie Christmas Special"! My concept (which would be far from the only option for such a short) would have Emmet and friends wrapping a present for Finn or The Man Upstairs using President Business' "relics" and the recipient opening the gift Christmas morning. A Christmas special would be great not only because it's a fun theme, but because Lego could use such a short to renew interest in The Lego Movie (and by extension the Lego Movie sets) right before the biggest toy-buying holiday of the year.

Hey guys,

The title says it all! If you saw some models in the Movie that aren't sets, feel free to post your ideas here!

First off, I'd love a modular Emmet's apartment with a "Follow the Rules" sign above it (as seen in the videogame.)

Next, the transformed flying cement roller at the end of the movie seemed awesome as well!

Any other ideas?

legozebra

Edited by legozebra

The patchwork submarine by far...I mean, look at it! I'd hope for it to include all of the Fellowship of strangers, and some Robo S.W.A.T. dudes.

I'm pretty sure we already have a topic similar to this.

(I know, because I posted it. :laugh: )

Oops, I'm sorry I missed it. Could you send a link? I'd love to post on it :wink:

Again, so sorry I didn't see your topic.

I want more Classic Space sets! For a start the spaceship shown here. Which should include a CS minifig with intact torso print and helmet.

There's also this base.

-Cloud Cuckoo Land (the place where all the Master Builders meet, so you could have Vitruvius & Benny in a cheaper set and add in the various cameos yourself)

-Emmett's Apartment

-The Submarine

-Other non-coexisting buildings in Bricksburg

-The Western Town/buildings

-ClownTown

Finn's Room (just because)

Edited by Transparency for Effect