For as long as I've been a part of the online LEGO community; more than five years, I've never posted a MOC on Eurobricks, rather only lurked. On that note, say hello to my latest MOC and first on Eurobricks:

12158828433_7d7ee48278_b.jpg

Aside from not requiring surgery in the future, if there's one notable positive attributed to wisdom teeth removal it's that I have more time for LEGO. I had started this backhoe as a project to pass the time and keep my mind off the pain (due to allergies, I don't take a lot of unnecessary drugs like painkillers). As well, after surfing Eurobricks, The Brothers Brick and Brickshelf, I was surprised by the lack of backhoes. I figured I'd fill the void with this little guy.

12159266606_5e5eb4a9cb_b.jpg

Enjoy! To see more on this and other MOCs, visit my flickr: http://www.flickr.co...s/brickartisan/

Excellent use of minifig hands and those seats!

Great job and thanks for sharing it with us...

Great stuff! This is a detailed and complex model indeed. In fact, it's one of those builds I've no idea of how it would stay together, but find utterly appealing nonetheless.

The shapes are perfect, and I'm especially a fan of the pistons. Apart from all the flex tubes, it's nice to see you used some other parts like the harpoon gun as well. The stabilasors are really neat. Of course, those seats in the bucket are a nice touch as well.

Really nice model, and some great photography too. Could we get a look at the back side of this beauty? I'm curious how you've done the pistons there... Woth these deailed builds, you can expect anything!

Excellent piece of engineering there 'Bipin', I like all the hoses and rams for both buckets.....so much detail.

I like your solution for the back hoe bucket.......Brick On 'Bipin' ! :grin:

Thank you very much everyone for your replies! I really like how you've all noticed the use of seats for the buckets. (Can we call them bucket seats)? :laugh: As far as rear views go, this is what I have right now, I can always take more later though:

12159262116_a4aba92f11_b.jpg

The outriggers/stabilizers attach to the chassis on technic pins, which allows them to rotate. I'll get more detailed info soon!

What's with the yellow sticker on the back beam? Is that required to keep it together?

Looks really good, though!

The cones are made with a lever base, on top of 2x2 cone bricks, atop a 2x2 square plate. The white stripes on the cones are made with LEGO stickers. As for the yellow sticker, it is used to cover up some ugly internals that form the structure of the beam. It plays no role in actually holding the item together, it's just there for aesthetics.